Moneymakers

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

veris
xr

Moneymakers

Post by veris » Mon, 26. Mar 12, 23:30

Very easy way to make a lot of money by trading
is to own trading station that has 2 or 3 Commercial Agents (CAGs) set as trader and prices set as low as possible.

Cags will buy at these lowest prices and sell best around... so they make huge profit - guaranteed.
They even sell to our factories resources bought at best prices, this is good times 2 isn't it? :P

Damn, i love automation :twisted:

UltimaVirus
x3tc

Post by UltimaVirus » Tue, 27. Mar 12, 01:47

Whoa, does that really work? I've always wanted a good reason to own a trading station.

Alacard1
x4

Post by Alacard1 » Tue, 27. Mar 12, 04:32

Works with anything you can assign a ware to (like Equipment Docks, Trading Stations, etc.)

Kind of boring but a CAG assigned to one is easy money (though startup costs are very high)

p00fer
x4

Post by p00fer » Tue, 27. Mar 12, 08:37

on the other hand, if you alrready have a moneymaker, say a megaplex of chips...then set prices high and watch as you get stocked up on misssiles weapons w.o factories...also jump to 50

veris
xr

Post by veris » Tue, 27. Mar 12, 11:54

Trading stations are very useful!

Well, i've also hacked part of the original CAG autopricing script, info here:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 21#3847921

and dynamic ware pricing works extremely well especially in station networks. Original formulas didn't work for me.
It needs some management, but wares spread very well through these.

Magnu
xr

Post by Magnu » Tue, 27. Mar 12, 15:26

I think I'll give this a go. Am I right in thinking food and bio products are the best wares to trade?

The X-Plorer

Post by The X-Plorer » Wed, 28. Mar 12, 01:30

I'm terrible at trading... But I managed to raise money for my first M7 and later my boreas REALLY quick by capping Pirate blastclaws at Elena's fortune in X3 TC. As long as you make sure they're at 100% hull, you can get around 2-4M all day for 'em. (I think the prototypes fetch almost twice as much as the normal ones.)
Happy accidents are just another form of discovery, except they are way more fun.

MajHavoc
x3tc

Re: Moneymakers

Post by MajHavoc » Wed, 28. Mar 12, 02:27

veris wrote:Very easy way to make a lot of money by trading
is to own trading station that has 2 or 3 Commercial Agents (CAGs) set as trader and prices set as low as possible.

Cags will buy at these lowest prices and sell best around... so they make huge profit - guaranteed.
They even sell to our factories resources bought at best prices, this is good times 2 isn't it? :P

Damn, i love automation :twisted:
Are you using the default Trader settings on your CAG?

I have the stations set at the default prices, the CAG's just sit there in stand-by mode, never leaving. :evil: It's driving me nuts!

Tia!

/0

-Maj

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Wed, 28. Mar 12, 10:16

They are good to boost the local economy this way too, however I feel the startup cost isn't really justified, considering you could get a fair sized mosquito missile plex for the same amount.
I fly Terran for the accents

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 28. Mar 12, 10:25

MajHavoc: Be sure your CAG's are at least level 2, since apprentice levels can only buy, 4 or more is better so they can use jumpdrives.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

MajHavoc
x3tc

Post by MajHavoc » Wed, 28. Mar 12, 14:40

Triaxx2 wrote:MajHavoc: Be sure your CAG's are at least level 2, since apprentice levels can only buy, 4 or more is better so they can use jumpdrives.
I assume they gain levels by exp., how-ever, they wont leave the stations even if the resources are low, that equals no exp.. I wish there was a way to reset them.

On a side note, these are established stations I found the CAG add-on after they were built.

I'm still confused, I have one CAG that is working correctly. Does the author of the script have a web-site?

/0

-Maj

veris
xr

Post by veris » Wed, 28. Mar 12, 16:02

CAGs are cool scripts. After many trials and errors, many logs read and i think after 10th time reading the manual i think i get how they work and make decisions.

I hate to say that, but i think you should read bonuspack's readme - the one in pdf format. Many things become clear if you read about CAGs and CLS word by word, try to understand every sentence.

Generally CAG levels up, most important is:
Apprentice - buys only.
Courier - buys and sells
Supplier - coordinates with coleagues so they don't do the same thing both
Trader - trades intermediate products
Dealer - similar but better, and Major Dealer also better.

Second most important thing is that CAG will do nothing if there are enemies around.

Third - go to Configure Reports and use "Analysis to log" then look for a txt file in Documents/Egosoft... and so on, 1 directory above savegames.
The log will be very informational - will show you the goods the trader can trade and their priorities.

Most of the time default settings work well, sometimes i don't want my CAG to buy good because complex is self sufficient, so i put them to "sell mode" and use also dynamic pricing. The dynamic pricing is cool thing - the cag won't sell at price lower than our limit so if you set proper price margins, the price will balance itself in a place that gives us best profit.
I set my cag to sell to 0% then.

This is too much information for a quick answer, i may sometime write a tutorial, but there are good posts about CAGs, so please look for them. There's no need to create redundant information, but if you request i'll one.

MajHavoc
x3tc

Post by MajHavoc » Wed, 28. Mar 12, 17:42

veris wrote:CAGs are cool scripts. After many trials and errors, many logs read and i think after 10th time reading the manual i think i get how they work and make decisions.

I hate to say that, but i think you should read bonuspack's readme - the one in pdf format. Many things become clear if you read about CAGs and CLS word by word, try to understand every sentence.

Generally CAG levels up, most important is:
Apprentice - buys only.
Courier - buys and sells
Supplier - coordinates with coleagues so they don't do the same thing both
Trader - trades intermediate products
Dealer - similar but better, and Major Dealer also better.

Second most important thing is that CAG will do nothing if there are enemies around.

Third - go to Configure Reports and use "Analysis to log" then look for a txt file in Documents/Egosoft... and so on, 1 directory above savegames.
The log will be very informational - will show you the goods the trader can trade and their priorities.

Most of the time default settings work well, sometimes i don't want my CAG to buy good because complex is self sufficient, so i put them to "sell mode" and use also dynamic pricing. The dynamic pricing is cool thing - the cag won't sell at price lower than our limit so if you set proper price margins, the price will balance itself in a place that gives us best profit.
I set my cag to sell to 0% then.

This is too much information for a quick answer, i may sometime write a tutorial, but there are good posts about CAGs, so please look for them. There's no need to create redundant information, but if you request i'll one.
Thanks for the detailed response!

I Think I'm going to print the PDF and re-read it a few times. After the readings I have done things seem a bit 'vague'. Hopefully I'll get it!

Thanks again for your help!

/0

-Maj

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”