Do you just fly aimlessly with SETA to pass time?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Chrushev
x3ap

Do you just fly aimlessly with SETA to pass time?

Post by Chrushev » Fri, 30. Mar 12, 22:00

So I have some factories.. that are taking forever to produce stuff...

I have been just picking a random derection and going SETA for a few minutes then turning around and coming back.. since SETA speeds up everything 10 times..

Do you find yourself doing the same thing? Or is there a better way to pass time?

This is in XBTF btw...

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Fri, 30. Mar 12, 22:01

No.
Where is it?

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Fri, 30. Mar 12, 22:03

There's always something to do, when I'm not sure what it is I dock and pause, brew a cup of tea and if it still eludes me go pick a fight.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 30. Mar 12, 22:11

Short answer, no.

I've never played XBTF though, only X3R and X3TC.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 30. Mar 12, 22:23

No, not even in Xbtf. By the time I had factories, I had them on the space of all main races, so they were far apart. Furthermore, I had upgraded my ship for combat.

Therefore, in practice I was doing rather long "factory inspection tours", hopefully trading along the way, and blasting Xenon and Pirates on every possible occasion. Killing those foes improves race reputation and at some point being at top rank can be beneficial.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Captain Chris sTc
x4

Post by Captain Chris sTc » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 01:15

No, i go hunting for prey to attack.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 01:40

Erm.
No.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

DnBrn47
x4

Post by DnBrn47 » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 02:13

Short answer: No.

I think playing the game itself passes enough time without 'just passing time' in game. I'd rather lube myself up and watch adult entertainment to 'just pass the time.'

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 02:54

no, there is just way to much stuff to do

Chrushev
x3ap

Post by Chrushev » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 03:20

Can you guys post what to do?

Because I am about 20 hours into BTF... have 3 stations (Ore, Metal, Dream Plant)... the only other thing I can think to do is to manually run cargo.. which is not as profitable as my stations and takes forever..

I cant really explore as I am not strong enough to repel Xeon attacks (I tried.. :( )

So I am stuck to 2 systems basically.. trying to get money to upgrade the ship...
Click for stats: XBTF

Naroku
x3tc

Post by Naroku » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 03:44

Short answer is no.

I got all my reputations to max except terran. I take time building that trader rank to X -treame by setting up Unitraders / sector traders with my plexes that have been constructed. Started a 30 station cahona and 1mj plex. (15 ea) Then a couple ore mines. Got a 10 bliss/15 dream narcotics up and running. an 18 deep spacefuel/ wheat plex. Now I need to supply the universe with power since I am draining it all away. all the while doing build missions and defense missions that are non yaki/ non pirate.

All the time training marines and exparamenting with capping ships. In time going for terren and the all powerful xenon I.
Walk softly and carry a big gun.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 03:48

we are forgetting that he is playing X-BTF where there were almost certainly a lot less things to do (haven't played it :()

Chrushev
x3ap

Post by Chrushev » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 04:43

Jumee wrote:we are forgetting that he is playing X-BTF where there were almost certainly a lot less things to do (haven't played it :()
Hehe, yeah.. what Naroku said above sounded greek to me :P I have no clue what he is talking about (not his fault, just Iam not familiar with any of those concepts, most of which are probably from X3?)

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 10:42

1) How far into the plot are you?

2) What are the current stats & loadout of your ship?

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Captain Chris sTc
x4

Post by Captain Chris sTc » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 10:56

Fly roun dthe xenon sectoprs and kill some of them, or if you don't know where that is map teh remainder of the universe.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 11:12

If you are able to afford factories you can afford to upgrade your ship.

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 18:58

much better to cheat you in whatever you are expecting for and save some cpu cycles.

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 19:25

There's an awful lot of useless and irreleveant advice being dolled out here. XBTF is relatively limited. No Terrans or Khaak, no flying other ships, no command console, no complexes, no missions except the story, no ship capturing, no jumpdrive, no capital ship ownership, no mining. the list goes on and on.

To the original poster- Are you still in the region around Seizewell? It wouldn't hurt to do a bit of exploring. The only real threats are the Xenon. and they will normally be coming from the south. There's three types you'll encounter in race sectors-

M5s. the slowest and lightest armed or the xenon. If you've got shields and a laser you should be able to take them out.
M4s. The fastest Xenon craft. Avoid them until your ship has been massively upgraded. Not only are they far more powerfull then you they love to ram you to death.
M3s. THe heaviest armed of the xenon fighter craft. Not quite as deadly as the M4 though as you can probably outrun them and they're not so ram-happy. Still best to avoid them until your ship has been upgraded to top of the line shields and weapons (25MW shields and High energy plasma throwers (preferably the gamma variant))

You might consider hunting pirates? You can tell them by the purple glow of their engines. They're slow and unarmed so they should make for easy pickings.

A solar power planet is a good bet for keeping you occupied as they will make money fairly quickly but you'll have to supply them with crystals yourself, which keeps you very busy.

The early stages of the story don't require any fighting, so you could always pass some time by comming other ships and asking about the Argon. They'll point you in the right direction and the route is fairly safe.
mrbadger wrote:Anyway, it's Star Wars, this is important....

Chrushev
x3ap

Post by Chrushev » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 21:15

Ripskar wrote:1) How far into the plot are you?

2) What are the current stats & loadout of your ship?
I basically just paid off the guy 3500 credits I owe him.

My ship has 2 beta lasers and 1 5mw shield... cargo can hold 90

Chrushev
x3ap

Post by Chrushev » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 21:17

Nyax wrote:There's an awful lot of useless and irreleveant advice being dolled out here. XBTF is relatively limited. No Terrans or Khaak, no flying other ships, no command console, no complexes, no missions except the story, no ship capturing, no jumpdrive, no capital ship ownership, no mining. the list goes on and on.

To the original poster- Are you still in the region around Seizewell? It wouldn't hurt to do a bit of exploring. The only real threats are the Xenon. and they will normally be coming from the south. There's three types you'll encounter in race sectors-

M5s. the slowest and lightest armed or the xenon. If you've got shields and a laser you should be able to take them out.
M4s. The fastest Xenon craft. Avoid them until your ship has been massively upgraded. Not only are they far more powerfull then you they love to ram you to death.
M3s. THe heaviest armed of the xenon fighter craft. Not quite as deadly as the M4 though as you can probably outrun them and they're not so ram-happy. Still best to avoid them until your ship has been upgraded to top of the line shields and weapons (25MW shields and High energy plasma throwers (preferably the gamma variant))

You might consider hunting pirates? You can tell them by the purple glow of their engines. They're slow and unarmed so they should make for easy pickings.

A solar power planet is a good bet for keeping you occupied as they will make money fairly quickly but you'll have to supply them with crystals yourself, which keeps you very busy.

The early stages of the story don't require any fighting, so you could always pass some time by comming other ships and asking about the Argon. They'll point you in the right direction and the route is fairly safe.
Yeha pirates seem to be few and far in between. I was thinking about the solar power plant, but I dont know where to get crystals.. noone seems to sell them near where I am, and yes I am still in Siezewell.. i just wondered off to the West (since thats where I was told to go next)... nothing special in that next over system.. then I went North (next place I was told to go) and thats where I get killed the minute I go through the gate by about 6 Xenon ships.. i can take down 1 or 2 of them.. others finish me off quick.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”