Shredding asteroids script?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Quinch
xr

Shredding asteroids script?

Post by Quinch » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 10:36

I remember way back in the days of yore, using a script that could send a fighter craft to shred or destroy small asteroids. I'm pretty sure it was user-made, since the destroy-or-shred part of its behavior was determined by which version of Fight software was installed, which struck me as a rather... workaround way of implementing it.

Anyway, can anyone point me to that particular script, or a newer version that has that functionality?
I wasn't banished to the moon yesterday.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 11:28

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=226336 - Prospector script which is part of Lucikes Script Collection
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=271491 - which can be found here

download link you'll find on lucikes site which is in german but is quite easy to find since you can use google translate to translate it or simply scroll down and see the downloads.

Quinch
xr

Post by Quinch » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 13:49

Requiemfang wrote:http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=226336 - Prospector script which is part of Lucikes Script Collection
Pretty sure that's not the one - I'm sure it was in English.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 14:58

It used to be in english actually but Lucikes had a little spat with a moderator and decided to move his files elsewhere.

The script in game is in english mind you and works very well. There are probably others but the Prospector script is one of the more well known ones your talking about.

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 19:22

If it's an old script, I think you might be thinking of a script called, "Attack Rocks" written by Bunny. It is a X3 Reunion script that was never redone for X3 TC. I am not aware of any other script that was ever written that could do what Attack Rocks could do. It's a great loss.

Quinch
xr

Post by Quinch » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 19:30

Nividium wrote:If it's an old script, I think you might be thinking of a script called, "Attack Rocks" written by Bunny. It is a X3 Reunion script that was never redone for X3 TC. I am not aware of any other script that was ever written that could do what Attack Rocks could do. It's a great loss.
Could... be? Anyway, what would the difference between the two be?

Orfevs
x3tc

Post by Orfevs » Mon, 2. Apr 12, 06:01

Gathering vs Obliterating. Take your pick.
TCAN TC/AP Artificial Life, Menudriven Automated Ship/Station Namer
Spex: i7 4790K@4Ghz 16Gb DDR3 GTX970Strix(4Gb)
X:R 454 Hours. 15 hours unmodded.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”