X-Tended Mod Boarding Question

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shihan
x2

X-Tended Mod Boarding Question

Post by Shihan » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 21:31

Xtended mod manual says I can transport my marines directly to a ship, without hull cutting being necessary. I have the transporter and the Boarding Transporter Extension. How do I do this, I didn't see a comand in control to assign hot key. I used Cycrows cheat to creat a unarmed and unshielded ship to try it out. I have to go to ship commands and choose piracy and say to board and the pods are used I was between 600-700 meters away. There is an optional command in the slots to launch all marines that uses the boarding pods also
Ship is captured but boarding pods are used and hull cutting is necessary and I can see the boarding pods going toward the ship as usual.
So how do I do the transporter option? Using X3 TC 3.2
Ironman

TDKPS
x3tc

Post by TDKPS » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 22:44

A) Get all the marines in the ship, approach the other (less than 1km distance) while it's shields are below 0, then go to Piracy, hit Board Ship (press enter at each point) and wait until you hear Autopilot On, then it'll start beaming your marines.

B) Using Launch All The Marines command under Additional Ship Commands will also work - try from a TP instead of a M7M because it might prefer to send the pods instead of beaming the marines.

EDIT: If I recall correctly, the device was built for TPs.

-TDKPS

Shihan
x2

Post by Shihan » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 23:21

Thanks, that works, and combat ship won't work, I do need to use a TP for the beam option, otherwise boarding pods are sent. I am guessing one would use a combat ship to keep the shields down and send in the TP, although it might get shot. But thanks, I understand the process now.

{The [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url] Rule #1, Choice 2 says: click. jlehtone}
Ironman

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”