Debating writing a new, unified ST/LT/UT/CAG/CLS guide, thoughts?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alacard1
x4

Debating writing a new, unified ST/LT/UT/CAG/CLS guide, thoughts?

Post by Alacard1 » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 01:36

I have noticed a large number of questions regarding these features so I'm debating writing a comprehensive guide to their operation.

I was recently trolling the X3:Wiki (yeah, we have one) and you guessed it, nothing on CAG/CLS.

So, thoughts? Anyone be down to help review, edit, test, etc.?

Or are there simply enough guides out there?

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 02:01

there are probably enough guides to it, and i thought the video tutorials from CdrDave on youtube was quite handy...

that said having a nice big singular how to wouldn't hurt... giving beginners the basic information and then going into more detail for those of us who havnt quite got round to go into the more detailed side of things.

ill give it a test run for you if you like, i know all the basics but im one who doesn't mess about with the more detailed aspects of it so id be interested to follow it word for word and see how it pans out.

all i would suggest is include basic information such as how many fighter drones you get at what level of trader.. when they can start to jump and so on. also such things as what allows them to level up such as CLS/CAG having training programs where its FLIGHT time not number of times docked for example, purely because those seem to be more common questions, at least from what ive seen.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 08:00

An easy to understand guide to all the menus and sub menus of CAG/CLS would be useful.

eg,there are three different menus for types of trading, for CAGs.
When I get CAG to do what I want,it is by accident,and I do not remember how I set it up in order to do the same in another station.

I do understand the basics of what CAG or CLS does, but 1s and 2s? Have no idea what these all are used for and how to know how to set them up.

Generally CAG is for replacing Station based traders...One CAG can do the job of both buying and selling at the station it is assigned to.
CLS is more leveled at improving sector or sector-to-sector trading ,afaik.

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 08:16

http://xkcd.com/927/

CAG/CLS would be more useful.
I fly Terran for the accents

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”