Question about determining station shields...

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TECSG
x3tc

Question about determining station shields...

Post by TECSG » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 12:22

Is there any way to detect what shields should be installed on any particular station?

I'm writing a script that creates some stations and I can't find any (reliable) way to work out what shields to install on them.

My first thought was the 'get max shield type' and 'get number of shield bays' commands, but they only seem to work on ships.

So I then tried finding an existing station of the same type and working out what shields that had installed and, although this worked, some stations are not in the universe, for example, the Paranid 2GJ Shield Facility (the 2GJ shield is available only through EQDs or the Heavy Shield Complex).

There doesn't seem to be any capping on the amount installable either, AP was quite happy to let me install 50 x 2GJ shields on a station!

The only other idea I had was to create the station, find out what it produces, then try to find another existing station that produces the same item and use the shield information from that, but that seems rather 'hit and miss'.

If anyone has any suggestions or knows the 'proper' way to get the shield information, can you post it here please!

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 12:31

it ranges between 4 to 15 2GJ shields depending on the stations type (Shipyard, Dock, Bio Factory, Tech Factory... etc etc)

personally i just put 10* 2GJ on every station i spawn, unless its a shipyard or dock then i put 20

There is no limit to the amount of shielding you can put on a station providing that you do not hit the signed integer limiter (2147483647), however its not simple to discern when this limit is reached because the game does not display shield values as absolutes. (Although, i believe its something like 1000 2GJ Shields :D )

As far as i know, there is no way to get the default shields of a station.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 12:55

"<RefObj> add default wares to station/dock" under Trade commands for stations installs the default wares and shields to stations.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 12:58

X2-Illuminatus wrote:"<RefObj> add default wares to station/dock" under Trade commands for stations installs the default wares and shields to stations.
But it also adds products, resources, and secondary resources based on an internal function of arrays for factories (ware templates is only referenced for docks i believe, had issues with this in XTL), witch may not be exactly what is wanted under all circumstances.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 13:54

I tried the solution posted by X2-Illuminatus and it seems to work although I don't want the products/resources added, but I think I can briefly create a 'temporary' factory of the same type, use the 'add default wares to station/dock' command and then just query its shield information before creating the 'proper' station and adding shields to it...

Thanks to Jack08 and X2-Illuminatus for your responses, I think I can work out the coding from here on out!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”