[PROGRAM] G19 LCD Applet for X3TC/X3AP

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Teleth

[PROGRAM] G19 LCD Applet for X3TC/X3AP

Post by Teleth » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 13:10

Logitech G19 applet designed for use with X3TC/X3AP.
This applet is coded in LCDMisc, which is open source and easy to edit without requiring a compiler.
The install contains everything necessary.

Utilizes a modified version of Cycrow's G15 Logging script and also a modified version of LCDMisc.
The X3 panel was coded in approximately one day; hopefully it is problem free. Should work with any version of X3 that is capable of running the logging script.

Features
Integration with SEWN (Satellite Early Warning Network) alerts the player to the number of intruders entering their systems.
Credit transaction shows +/- changes to the players bank account.
Targeting/Speed/Distance/Missile/Insurance displays.
LED Backlight fades between red/yellow/green based on shield integrity.
Light-weight implementation with 0% CPU utilization on my aging dual-core phenom.

[ external image ]

Instructions
Two versions are provided, X3-Only LCDMisc, and the full LCDMisc containing multiple views (CPU graphs/task manager etc).

X3 panel only
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gkp4a ... c_Full.zip
or
X3 panel + full LCD set
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3kp2p ... 3_only.zip

[REQUIRED] X3 G19 logging scripts
http://www.mediafire.com/?ob5th7zbj2d8aur

[OPTIONAL] SEWN integration scripts
http://www.mediafire.com/?ta82obrkkat85b8

Installation
-------------
Extract the LCDMisc folder to where you wish to install it.
Open LCDMisc.ini and edit the [X3] log entry.
Replace Log = C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Egosoft\X3AP\ with your X3 Log directory.
e.g Log = C:\Users\Teleth\Documents\Egosoft\X3AP\

Run LCDMisc.exe or LCDMisc64.exe depending on your operating system.
If LCDMisc is running correctly, it should be selectable through your G19's interface. In the event LCDMisc cannot find your G19 it will run in its own separate window.
You can also force it to run in its own window by copying the 320x240ddraw.dll file into dll directory should you desire.

The X3 panel should be complaining about a lack of logfile at this point, if it is not, you should press the G19 direction pad to scroll to the X3 panel.

Extract X3_G19Logging.zip to your main X3 folder or /addons in the case of Albion.
Please ensure your game is set to modified by typing "Thereshallbewings" as your player name temporarily if you have not already done so for other mods.
Save and reload after setting your game to modified, this will allow the logging plugin to function.
If these are installed correctly, the Gameplay->Artificial Life Settings should contain the G19 stats logging option, switch it ON if it is not already.
Within a minute LCDMisc should detect the log files. If it does not, make sure the log file (log09003.txt) exists and that LCDMisc.ini is pointing to its directory.

SEWN integration
Extract the folder inside X3_G19_SEWN.zip to your X3TC folder, or the /addons folder for Albion. It should overwrite two SEWN related files. If it does not, double check you are copying to the correct location.
SEWN alerts will not work without this modification. Uses logfile 9004.

Hopefully that should cover it!

If you want to edit the panel yourself the two main files are located at LCDMisc/Override/view/X3view.c (declarations) and LCDMisc/Override/util/X3Draw.c I recommend using Notepad++ to edit these.

Notes
If you're wondering why I didn't add reputation tracking it's because I wanted to keep the panel focused on important/critical information.
Initially I really wanted to add flashing keyboard alerts when transport ships were attacked, I wasn't really sure how to go about it logging it, sadly..
Insurance isn't displayed unless you have less than 20.
May work with USB480D devices if you copy usbd480.dll into the dll folder.

Let me know if you want to see specific features or I missed something that should be on the panel.
Last edited by Teleth on Tue, 17. Dec 13, 07:36, edited 7 times in total.

Herdalis

Post by Herdalis » Thu, 3. May 12, 19:54

Just tried to install the plugin.
First problem ist die logfile. I had to create the 9003 because i had none.
But he still didn´t find.

Text in InI: Log = C:\Users\tanzendes Wasser\Documents\Egosoft\X3TC\

second problem is installing the scripts from G19loggin.zip I nearly put them everywhere but i had nothing in AL to unable.

Teleth

Post by Teleth » Sun, 6. May 12, 08:59

Herdalis wrote:Just tried to install the plugin.
First problem ist die logfile. I had to create the 9003 because i had none.
But he still didn´t find.

Text in InI: Log = C:\Users\tanzendes Wasser\Documents\Egosoft\X3TC\

second problem is installing the scripts from G19loggin.zip I nearly put them everywhere but i had nothing in AL to unable.
You're not supposed to manually create the log file, the AL script creates the log file!
I believe it will only 'find' the log file if it is legitimate, just making the file won't do.

As for AL not being enabled, I missed the AL register script sorry. I have re-uploaded X3_G19Logging.zip. Hopefully that should fix everything.

16 Downloads and no one tells me it's broken!.. thanks for the feedback.

Shadowpriest
x3tc

Post by Shadowpriest » Sun, 20. Jan 13, 22:32

Is there a tutorial for Steam Users? I can´t make it work, the direction is have 2 copy into the log file is different...

But the Screens are Awsome :D

Bromy2004
x3ap

Post by Bromy2004 » Sun, 10. Mar 13, 02:36

Excellent job!! :)
I love it.

1 Small note...although this is probably just my F**k up, you need the forward slash after your Logging location in the INI.
I didn't realise until I looked at the LCD display and it looked...funky.

Also for possible enhancements...
Freight Load (xxxx/yyyyy)
Current Sector
Auto-Pilot current command.

Cheers

p.s. I DL'd the full panel set and my Magician is doing really well :lol:

Joigeit

Post by Joigeit » Sun, 10. Mar 13, 15:50

In short, enabling the plugin option in AL settings isn't showing up.
I've done everything as described in the installation guide.

This is the Steam version if it matters at all. :roll:

Teleth

Post by Teleth » Thu, 14. Mar 13, 12:50

I'm afraid it's been more or less a year since I developed this and I'm no longer familiar with it. My help will probably be limited at this point.
Joigeit wrote:In short, enabling the plugin option in AL settings isn't showing up.
I've done everything as described in the installation guide.

This is the Steam version if it matters at all.
Having the steam version should not make any difference as far as I am aware, I assume you are familiar with installing mods in general?

Are you running X3TC or X3AP?
From memory there are several reasons AL plugins don't appear in-game but usually it's from not being placed in the right location. Ensure you check that it is absolutely in the correct place as they differ for X3TC and X3AP.

Also make sure your game is set to modified by typing "Thereshallbewings" as your player name temporarily, otherwise no AL plugins will function I think.

You may need to save and reload your game for AL Plugins to show.
Bromy2004 wrote: Excellent job!!
I love it.

1 Small note...although this is probably just my F**k up, you need the forward slash after your Logging location in the INI.
I didn't realise until I looked at the LCD display and it looked...funky.
Odd, mine doesn't need anything other than what I've written in the instructions. Could be a defect in LCDMisc.
Bromy2004 wrote: Also for possible enhancements...
Freight Load (xxxx/yyyyy)
Current Sector
Auto-Pilot current command.

Cheers
It already lists the current sector, doesn't it?
The only reason why I didn't really add more information to the panel is because it was already getting pretty packed! I wanted to keep it readable and neat. I guess there is a bit of space down the bottom left and right of the main section though.

Not too sure if the logger supports these things, but if I return to X3 I'll be sure to look into it.
Bromy2004 wrote: p.s. I DL'd the full panel set and my Magician is doing really well
I didn't release it anywhere else because I never quite implemented all the features I wanted, but I'm glad you got some fun out of it!

Joigeit

Post by Joigeit » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 01:01

Having the steam version should not make any difference as far as I am aware, I assume you are familiar with installing mods in general?

From memory there are several reasons AL plugins don't appear in-game but usually it's from not being placed in the right location. Ensure you check that it is absolutely in the correct place as they differ for X3TC and X3AP.

Also make sure your game is set to modified by typing "Thereshallbewings" as your player name temporarily, otherwise no AL plugins will function I think.

Ah, I was not aware that you were required to set your name to "Thereshallbewings" to "activate" it, granted this is the first mod I've used with this game and i didn't look into it all that much to begin with.

Regardless, it's working now.
Might want to edit it into the description just for the convenience of others. :)

Teleth

Post by Teleth » Sat, 16. Mar 13, 01:53

Joigeit wrote:

Ah, I was not aware that you were required to set your name to "Thereshallbewings" to "activate" it, granted this is the first mod I've used with this game and i didn't look into it all that much to begin with.

Regardless, it's working now.
Might want to edit it into the description just for the convenience of others. :)
I never expected this to be anyone's first mod! :roll:

ManiakNL
x3ap

Post by ManiakNL » Sun, 17. Mar 13, 14:24

To be honest, this is my first mod aswell :)

Well, in AB that is. It's been ages since i last played an X3 game. I'm totally ready to dive right back in!

Thanks for the "Thereshallbewings" tip, i had totally forgotten it!

And thanks for the mod aswell :)
Love the way the lights in my keyboard change colors when my ships shields are failing :D

Shadowpriest
x3tc

Post by Shadowpriest » Sat, 30. Mar 13, 19:14

Still not working, the log file wont appear, maybe i am 2 dumb :lol:
Is there any way you can upload the logfile and we place it there manually?

Teleth

Post by Teleth » Sun, 31. Mar 13, 14:24

Shadowpriest wrote:Still not working, the log file wont appear, maybe i am 2 dumb :lol:
Is there any way you can upload the logfile and we place it there manually?
Is the logger actually enabled in the Artificial Life options?

The logfile should be near your save game files.

This is the directory on my machine (windows 7):
C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\Documents\Egosoft\X3AP\

If the log file log09003.txt doesn't appear, the logger plugin is either not activated, has not had any time to write the log file or is conflicting somehow.
If LCDMisc itself cannot find the log file, then you have set LCDMisc.ini Log setting incorrectly.

ManiakNL
x3ap

Post by ManiakNL » Sun, 31. Mar 13, 16:08

Shadowpriest wrote:Still not working, the log file wont appear, maybe i am 2 dumb :lol:
Is there any way you can upload the log file and we place it there manually?
Hi, you sure you have tried to set your pilot name to "Thereshallbewings"? The G19 script should kick in at that moment.

These are the steps I took to get things to work (I use steam as well)

1: Download X-Universe Plugin Manager Lite
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=265915
2: Install Plugin manager (Installation should be self-explanatory)
3: Open Plugin manager
4: Make sure the "Current Directory" is set to "X3: Albion Prelude" (Set it to Terran Conflict if you are playing TC)
5: Click on "Settings" --> "Mode" --> "Modified"
6: Install Archive (X3_G19Logging)
7: Install Archive (X3_G19_SEWN) (I have the bonus pack installed)

8: start the lcdMisc application (LcdMisc/LCDMisc(64).exe)
9: Press the right arrow key next to your G19 LCD screen untill you selected the X3 app and press the OK key next to your G19 LCD screen (Not sure how that control pad is called)

Note: at this point the app should be crying about a missing file.

10: Boot up the game
11: If you have never installed a mod on a save game you will need to set your pilot name to "Thereshallbewings" without the quotes. Please make sure you add no spaces and the T is a capital letter

These are all the steps i have taken to get this to work no clue what else to do if this not works for you.

Shadowpriest
x3tc

Post by Shadowpriest » Sun, 31. Mar 13, 17:47

My game is ***modified*** by default, i love messing with the universe by getting some ships :P

AL-Setting is enabled, it says something like "read 9003-1".

The path on my system is C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\X3 Terran Conflict\ (I tryed using with \ at the end and without).
Note that my system is german, so its called Programme instead of Program files, tryed 2 change that 2, no effect.

There was my error <.<

It got more then enough time 2 create the file, i started X3 and went 2 work so my facilitys and trader can make some money. :mrgreen: But still no change.

I followed the install instructions, redownloaded every package needed, threw out the scripts (They have a different ending thou, the normal scripts in the directory are .pck while the scripts i downloaded are .xml !

I think thats everything i can tell you, if i missed something pls ask :!:

EDIT: Found it, jep, i am dumb :D I looked at the wrong spot for the log file, i will test it and get you some responce^^

Working now thx :)

ManiakNL
x3ap

Post by ManiakNL » Sun, 31. Mar 13, 23:05

Awesome now bumb slowly into a station and watch those colors go red :D At least that i what i did when i first got it :P

sepa
x4

Post by sepa » Sat, 9. Nov 13, 04:23

Tell me that it's not my GFX, or gimme credit/ask for source files to make it look better.
Shit happens, ppl die. Usually when I'm around.

Teleth

Post by Teleth » Mon, 16. Dec 13, 19:16

sepa wrote:Tell me that it's not my GFX, or gimme credit/ask for source files to make it look better.
I think I grabbed them from Triscopic, who sourced some of them from you. Not sure how it slipped my mind to redraw em. Will fix it sorry.

Teleth

Post by Teleth » Tue, 17. Dec 13, 07:38

There we go, nice and shiny now.

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Sun, 19. Jan 14, 11:29

Dont get it CORRECT to work.

I installed all regarding page 1.
Now,
- I get the G19 Display running, I can see the new graphs...
- I can switch the AI on/off and:
- I get the logfile inside my Egosoft X3AP folder, it actually.

So my question why isn't the display not covering it?
I also can see the CPU/RAM graphs jumping when switching with taskmanager in/out of X3AP.

I am using Win7 x64 German, newest Logitech drivers (for the G19).
I tried both the x32 and the x64 EXE.

And my Path is as pointed on page 1:
[X3]
Log = C:\Users\....\Documents\Egosoft\X3AP\
(the points are placeholders only)

AddOn:
Works now - was stupid not to cycle through the menues...

AddOn II
(one year after :lol: )
I got sick of the AI ReadText Error - so use this as a t-file should prevent it:
Create a xml file with name '9003-L0xx.xml', where xx is yout language code. Or better copy another one.
Now insert/replace in this file:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<language id="49">

<page id="9003">
 <t id="1">G19 LCD Applet</t>
</page>

</language>
Here I createte the L049 (german) t-file. But I thing you get the way to do it. That's all - ReadTextError's gone...

vrod
x4

Post by vrod » Wed, 28. Jun 17, 22:59

I know the post is old, but have a question.

Can the logfile be updated quicker?

I am using a LCD character display. Using LCD Smartie to pull in selected log data. It takes a couple of seconds for the updated info to show on my display.

If you are using a G19, is the data shown on your display updated instantly?

thanks.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”