Best place to buy laser for my mercury?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lovewizard
x3ap

Best place to buy laser for my mercury?

Post by lovewizard » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 00:03

Hi peeps I am playing and lovin x3-tc and started off as trader got jump drive obvious engine & trading upgrades and i know expanding the cargo hold on my mercury gets more expensive every time you use it so i am gonna max it in one go and just trade till i can afford a good combat ship.

What i need to know is whats the best laser to buy for my mercury and where do i buy it. Thanks

X3 - Rebirth looks cool.

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 00:21

If you really want a weapon on it, you can grab a Particle Accelerator Cannon (PAC) or Impulse Ray Emitter (IRE) at the Light Weapons Complex in Argon Prime. Once the weapon is installed, don't forget to give the turret a command by hitting Shift-C and setting it there.

However, your best defense against hostiles is your speed and jumpdrive. Always keep some Energy Cells on board for jumping. They can't kill what they can't hit

lovewizard
x3ap

Post by lovewizard » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 00:36

Thanks for that will buy it now hopefully easy to install.
Happy Easter

lovewizard
x3ap

Post by lovewizard » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 01:15

I've bought the IRE and installed it and gave the command to protect ship, will laser automatically fire when enemy locks on to me?

I wanted to test laser but hitting mouse button does nothing? am i doing something wrong?

what are the banks for in the command prompt?
Thanks

p00fer
x4

Post by p00fer » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 01:23

the mercury doesn't have main batteries, only back turret (fires autonomously) you can't control it unless you hit F1 and jump into the turret (beware in this position you can't control the ship), easiest way to set it up is either protect ship or missile defence (it does hit ships too) so it only focuses on incoming fire rather then all present enemies. this is done via command console of the ship under turret commands. once setup you can forget is there.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 01:40

It's totally not worth sitting in the mercury while doing the trading, Freelancer-style diamond runs are pointless.

Get a scout ship with Trade System Extension from an EQ Dock, and you can fly around explore and still order your mercury to do the trades of ore and ecells to Argon Prime remotely.
Where is it?

lovewizard
x3ap

Post by lovewizard » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 01:46

Thanks for the advice

lovewizard
x3ap

Post by lovewizard » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 01:48

I see your point, can you recommend a decent scout ship (I don't mind saving) one that i won't have to upgrade for sometime.
Thanks.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 01:50

Disco Raider is very fast and has built-in Triplex Scanner, can grab one in Cloudbase SE.

You can buy Mineral Scanner for it in Ore Belt/Plutarch for scanning missions, also worth grabbing Cargo Lifesupport from the Pirate Base in teh sector (it's north of the N gate).
Where is it?

zanex09
x3tc

Post by zanex09 » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 01:57

I used a kea, i think its from teladi. Has max speed of 605m/s but not much for upgrades when bought.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 02:00

It's Kestrel not Kea, and provided his start-up position it's way out of his reach. Unless you're suggesting he goes to Seizewell in his Mercury for the lols. And there tries to get Teladi rep off the ground.
Where is it?

lovewizard
x3ap

Post by lovewizard » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 02:05

appreciate the help guys, thanku

zanex09
x3tc

Post by zanex09 » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 02:07

Whoops i never really look at the names of the ships anymore. He asked for a recommendation for a decent scout ship, i threw out a name its up to him if he wants to go and do the requirements to get one. Its not like im sending him to his death, its seizewell not much harm in flying there from the argon prime area, ive seen very few pirates in those areas and even less xenon, besides isnt the first part of the game about exploration to some degree? It would only help him to have these areas explored.

lovewizard
x3ap

Post by lovewizard » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 00:05

I have 1 milliion credits now and looking to buy an average fighter to start with, is there a fighter that can carry passengers aswell or cargo? would i be better off saving a bit more for a better ship?

grateful for any help suggestions.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 01:10

I'd probably look at the OTAS Solano as a first fighter.
Somewhat better than the standard Busters and cheaper than the M3s.
For passengers you'll need a Cargo Life Support System, I usually get these from a pirate base as you don't any rep.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

lovewizard
x3ap

Post by lovewizard » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 01:46

I was gonna buy the elite Size M or maybe buy elite size L

How much is the OTAS and where can i buy it and how much, I have some goodies i can transfere to new ship from my mercury.

Is there a total system universe map i can download and print off?

Thanks for your patience and help!

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 02:31

Purchasing the L size is always good, as you get a few decent weapons and shields.

Purchasing the M size gets somewhat decent shields and crap weaponry.

Purchasing the S size gets you a bare hull.
-- GD

lovewizard
x3ap

Post by lovewizard » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 02:37

Thanks for the advice, is there a map of all the universes throughtout the game i can print off?

highflier
x4

Post by highflier » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 12:23

since you didnt say for what game, heres a map for AP http://seizewell.de/x3-ap/x3-sece.php

EmperorJon
x3tc

Re: Best place to buy laser for my mercury?

Post by EmperorJon » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 12:29

lovewizard wrote:i know expanding the cargo hold on my mercury gets more expensive every time you use it so i am gonna max it in one go
As a note, this will still cost the same as doing it little bit at a time. Just in case you thought otherwise.

Also, I disagree with Delray's "Not worth sitting in the Mercury", I can make a lot more money piloting a TS myself than letting the AI do it, that's for sure.

If you still aren't sure what ship you want to go for, I'd save up for a Nova, as they're a decent fighter. You'll be able to do passenger transports in it quite reasonably, except the ones that require a TP. You won't be doing much trading, but outfitting your Mercury with TCSMk3 from Terracorp HQ and getting it to sector trade will get you more money in the background. :)
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”