Help needed with TrackIR- no longer responds to keyboard commands when X3 is running

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

pepperg
x3tc

Help needed with TrackIR- no longer responds to keyboard commands when X3 is running

Post by pepperg » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 05:55

I have been using TrackIR 5 in X3AP.
For awhile, TrackIR was working great. Now, there's a problem.

While in Windows 7, TrackIR responds as it should when I press F7, F9, or F12. Lately, when I load the game, these keys no longer result in any TrackIR action. So I cannot center, pause, or do precision.

I know TrackIR is recognizing X3 properly when I load the game b/c both green lights are on the TrackIR unit.

Note that TrackIR continues to respond to my head movements in the game, but that it stops responding to any keyboard input when the game is open and running. When I minimze the game, TrackIR resumes responding to keyboard shortcuts. So there is clearly some kind of conflict that has begun occuring between the game and TrackIR.

I have verified that the F7, F9, and F12 keys are still working as they should while in game by mapping some game commands to them for the purpose of testing. Pressing F12 triggered the action that I'd mapped to it in game.

In the TrackIR software, I remapped the keys from F7, F9, and F12 to Q, W, and E respectively. Same thing- TrackIR responded appropriately in Windows to these keys but stopped responding to the keys while in game. It looks like TrackIR is completely unable to respond to keyboard commands of any kind when I load the game.

I have no idea what is causing this. TrackIR worked fine for a few months. I am running a few mods in the X3 game and am using SoftTH to play X3 across three monitors (20" 30" 20" at 4960x1600 resolution). But I was doing this for a month or so and TrackIR was responding as it should to F7, F9, and F12. I haven't changed anything since, and haven't made changes to the TrackIR profile.

Also, I loaded X3 up without SoftTH and ran it directly from Steam. Same problem. I also disabled my CH HOTAS profile software so that I would only be running X3 and TrackIR. Same problem.

Can someone please help me out? Thanks.

PS- is there a way to disable the autominimize feature of TrackIR software? For those games when I am not using all three screens, I would like the TrackIR software screen to be on the leftmost monitor isntead of minimzing.
SeagateBarracuda320GB 7200 SATA
LIANLI PC-7B plus II MidTower
EVGA GeForce8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 5. Apr 12, 11:50

Let me start by saying I know nothing about TrackIR.

If it was working fine and then suddenly stopped for absolutely no reason then that means that something in your system has actually failed or been changed without you knowing and our chances of guessing what that could be are fairly slim. I assume that you were not using any trial or beta software that has a pre-programmed usage life.

I am more interested in this statement. "I haven't changed anything since, ... ". No other driver, system protection or Windows updates? What about game updates - and if Steam have you verified your gamefiles cache recently? (Or if not, try it.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

natha
x4

Post by natha » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 22:04

my amateurish guess is (i'm using track IR with win 7 64 bit) that you have installed something that messed with the keyboard mapping or relevant. did you put any "hotkey" mod? something that adds additional slots?
or worse, any software autohotkey program?
try the simplest and put only the "center" command of your track ir in a key like "scroll lock" which is not used by the game or try to config one of your HOTAS key to do the "centering" and see what happens.

Plärr Jörgenson
x4

Post by Plärr Jörgenson » Fri, 20. Apr 12, 13:57

how do you use trackir in the game? i just purchased trackir 5 and wondered how i can play x3:AP with it...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 20. Apr 12, 14:01

See this from the X3AP Survival Guide Sticky.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Plärr Jörgenson
x4

Post by Plärr Jörgenson » Fri, 20. Apr 12, 14:03

thx, man!!!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”