X3 AP [Hint] How to capture that Xenon L

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Typee
x3ap

X3 AP [Hint] How to capture that Xenon L

Post by Typee » Fri, 6. Apr 12, 18:48

So, I just finished the main storyline of X3 Albion Prelude, and I want to share a piece of info I think is important.
Maybe it was said before, but I myself couldn't find it when I was looking for tips on how to get a Xenon L to bail, so I think it's worth sharing.

Basically it's the following :
DO NOT wander in xenon-invaded sectors, fighting off Xenon squads, hoping to get an invader Xenon L to bail.

Instead, do defense or patrol missions in sectors near xenon sectors, and when you have to fight a L in those missions, there is a greater chance it will.

Also, of course, Ion Disruptors help, but this is well known already.

I spent hours fighting random Xenon forces and getting nowhere. Then I started doing fight missions, and I got 2 Ls in less than half an hour.
So yeah, "war" Xenons seem to be a lot braver than "mission" Xenons.

Hope it helps someone.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Fri, 6. Apr 12, 18:56

Black Hole Sun (or another sector where Xenons invade and where missions to fight them are offered, use sats to monitor them), Mamba Raider with 8x PBE up front and some smaller missiles... Grill them from all sides and when they won't bail, just finish off with a missile (like dragonfly or hurricane) and move on to another target.
Where is it?

WingC3
x4

Post by WingC3 » Fri, 6. Apr 12, 19:09

I think the bail rates for mission-generated Xenon is definitely higher, HOWEVER, they most certainly do bail from the random invading patrols. I have collected 5 L's from those patrols so far and quite a few more M's (they seem to bail much more often). They have even occasionally remained with shielding after bailing, which is pretty rare.

These days I try to grab any P's or PX's in those invasions too. Don't have enough trained marines for a Q just yet... but their time will come.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sat, 7. Apr 12, 00:39

Bailing from Ion Disruptors was nerfed years ago.
Hit 'em with anything other than that.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”