X: BTF - Unequipping Weapons

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

khemeher

X: BTF - Unequipping Weapons

Post by khemeher » Sun, 8. Apr 12, 07:42

So I picked up the Superbox on Steam. Decided to play X. Everything is working okay, other than the game is not compatible with the throttle on my joystick - but that's simple enough to work around.

My one question so far is how you unequip weapons. I was able to get some of the Beta Emitter lasers while was in in the original sector of space. Now I'm in Queens Sector, and there are some plasma throwers that look tasty. The only problem is that I can't equip them, because I already have both slots occupied. There doesn't seem to be a way to take the current guns off at the factory, sell them, or jettison them.

Very frustrating that you can't simply get out & unbolt them while in a station.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 8. Apr 12, 07:56

You can sell any weapon to any equipment dock, so you'll need to find your nearest one (I think there's one in Kingdom End, two sectors to the left, but it's a long time since I played BTF), sell your weapons, then fly back to Queen's Space and hope nobody else has purchased the weapons in your absence. Later games added the option for carrying weapons in your cargo bay, but unfortunately this wasn't available in BTF.

khemeher

BTF - Unequipping Weapons [Resolved]

Post by khemeher » Sun, 8. Apr 12, 15:21

I guess I also need to hope like heck that I don't get ganked by enemy fighters while I fly between two star systems with my weapons ports empty, and loose wires hanging off my ship.

Anyway...thanks for the information!

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Sun, 8. Apr 12, 15:46

You could sell one gun, buy one gun, sell one gun, buy one gun.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”