Your Missile Plex?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jkjklkl
x3ap

Your Missile Plex?

Post by jkjklkl » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 05:54

Every great empire needs a giant missile production complex, so share yours! Pictures are always welcome, and bragging is encouraged. :D

I'll go first, of course.

Pictures
Just jumping in makes the game extremely laggy, so I couldn't get a picture of the Boron side of production.
Complex Calculator Link

It took forever, but it's finally done. Towing the mines was easily the worst part - so much so that I simply decided not to do it for the main ore production plex. I really love how the battery turned out; I think I'm going to build all my energy loops like that from now on. Other than that, I believe the stats speak for themselves :wink:

p00fer
x4

Post by p00fer » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 06:33

i'm making mine atm but fear the pic won't be as breathtaking as others since im goin to use CC, anywho heres the sector pic of whats done so far...im still missin 2 Hammer facts and 10 flail facts, is going to be a closed loop, with surplus of almost everything, a nice 1 mill profit (not counting the missiles)
hammers + flails

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 06:50

Mines of Fortune has one of my favorite backdrops in the game. I'd love to see it when you finish. And as a general hint, Boron food is cheapest, so you could have saved some money by using Boron stations as opposed to Argon

p00fer
x4

Post by p00fer » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 07:05

yeah, figured as much but i'm reaally lazy (surprises me i got into making this one since the chip megaplex took me so long) i almost finish adding the facts, just decided to add 1 more mine for each mineral just to make sure CC doesnt screw with me on the production cutdown that will happen on the crunch nice thing of this complex is that it won't need any CAG's of its own, just need to dump some initial EC (and not even that if im lazy enough) and the HUB CAG's will make sure to keep buying out the missiles + the CLS will supply my m7m...oh the joys of automation...

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 07:12

It's not always cheapest to get Boron food, depends on yields and the amount of fabs. Get Xadrian. It'll calculate food for you automatically.
Where is it?

p00fer
x4

Post by p00fer » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 07:21

i did use xadrian, told me to get boron food...told it to stick to argon...looking at a 158 mill project, 2 mill worth of savings its meh...

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 08:35

delray wrote:It's not always cheapest to get Boron food, depends on yields and the amount of fabs.
Yields as in asteroid yields? Only the Terran mines require a non-energy resource. And since 1 L = 2 M = 5 S, and different race fabs don't have different production rates, I don't see how that works. Can you explain?

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 10:14

Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

p00fer
x4

Post by p00fer » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 20:18

ok so im done with the missile plex...not 5 mins were passed, 2 CAGs from another plex were kind enough to assist in the crystals and energy supplying...it is now functioning in a ladder fashion...shld be fully operational on the hour
sector map, close up view of the before and anticlimatic after CC + the station production sum up

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 20:41

Why do you build so 'wide spread'? Put them together, like 50m distance max from each other, some can be combined into each other by turning them a bit around. Just the long antennas are a bit annoying from time to time.

But well, nicely done, will be better next time!

Anyways, using CC and scripts to build something up is boring.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

p00fer
x4

Post by p00fer » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 20:44

because i was goin to use CC anyway, it saves me about 20 construction kits, reduces fps lag, reduces space used and there are no more nasty conection tubes for the dumb ai to crash into when i jump in.

but yeah, i didnt take a pic of my chip megaplex before CCing it, that was a beauty...all neatly packed together in layers

jlehtone
x4

Re: Your Missile Plex?

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 21:19

jkjklkl wrote:Every great empire needs a giant missile production complex, ...
I'm not convinced about the need. Hot plasma can forge a fortune in every game of the series. :split:

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 22:34

How about this:
Game: X³: Albion Prelude
Sector: Antigone Memorial
Suns: 150 %
Code: AwIBoAEFuAED4wECDgEsW1sAiAE+PhsA7QEFYwWuAQN7CZABAQkBCgFXAZ0BAYIBArwBAdgBAW8CZgLvAQFkBWUCjQEHKgItCAA=

Factories:
5x Firestorm Torpedo Factory (Argon)
3x Hornet Missile Factory (Paranid)
2x Hurricane Missile Factory (Paranid)
1x Mosquito Missile Factory (Teladi)
2x Ore Mine L (Split, Yield: 90, 90)
3x Silicon Mine L (Teladi, Yield: 61, 61, 26)
5x Tempest Missile Factory (Boron)
5x Thunderbolt Missile Factory (Split)
3x Tornado Missile Factory (Split)
9x Typhoon Missile Factory (Teladi)
1x Wasp Missile Factory (Split)
1x BoFu Chemical Lab L (Boron)
1x Bio Gas Factory L (Boron)
1x Cahoona Bakery L (Argon)
1x Cattle Ranch L (Argon)
2x Sun Oil Refinery L (Teladi)
1x Soyery L (Paranid)
1x Soyfarm L (Paranid)
2x Flower Farm L (Teladi)
2x Solar Power Plant XL (Boron)
1x Solar Power Plant L (Boron)
5x Crystal Fab L (Split)
2x Crystal Fab M (Split)
7x Rastar Refinery L (Split)
2x Rastar Refinery M (Split)
8x Chelt Space Aquarium L (Split)

Total price: 371,822,476 Cr
Profit per Hour: 7,032,755 Cr
It's obvious that:
1. I can't decide between Tempest and Thunderbolt.
2. I like Hurricanes more than they probably deserve.
3. Flail/Hammer is elsewhere.
4. Antigone needs more Silicon and I'm a nut for no food overflows.
Where is it?

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 03:33

Heh... I've always liked the look of Terran stations. I need to get on that Aldrin plot so I can start building. My planned Terran complex
jlehtone wrote: I'm not convinced about the need. Hot plasma can forge a fortune in every game of the series. :split:
Yes, but you have to admit it's fun to barrage missiles, and not necessarily from an M7M. I think the first thing I'm going to do after I get enough missiles is to equip a bunch of ships with Firestorms at 100% firing rate and waltz into Gaian Star :twisted:
delray wrote: It's obvious that:
1. I can't decide between Tempest and Thunderbolt.
I don't know the stats off the top of my head, but I think Tempest does only 1MJ less damage. That small sacrifice is well worth a retargeting feature in my mind.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 08:49

Tempest has 15 000 less damage, 15km less range, takes only 1 less space, and the fab produces 15 per hour, while you get 24 T-bolts in the same time frame, with more range and damage. Yea, Tempest is smarter and thus probably the only useful Boron missile, but is it all that much better?

I typically fire this kind of missiles at M4s and turret-less M3s across the sector (everything else gets a Hurricane/Wasp or a Typhoon, firing Tempest/Thunderbolt at LX or N for that matter is pointless). For that use, extra range T-bolt is more useful than Tempest, since there typically isn't much to reacquire (every suitable target gets his own missile from far away and disappears not long after).

I started adding Tempest when I finally got sick of Silkworm, to serve the same purpose, spammy missile for my fighters. Might be tad more expensive (in fabs and cargo space), but Silkworm never was a good idea due to its terrible speed and much lower damage, the only thing saving it was spammy factories (100/hour isn't it?) and low cargo space usage, but since you need three Silkworms to do one Tempest's or one Thunderbolt's job, it evens out and they can be dropped in favour of something else (more Typhoon for example since those fabs only produce 6/hour while it's the most universal missile for the big ships).

Another missile I dropped is Dragonfly, Hurricane is just so much better than Dragonfly for the kind of M5 job it performs, where Wasp fails in agility and range. Other "sucky" mentions: Aurora (lol-missile you detonate yourself), Firefly (need 100 to hurt something), Cyclone (slower than everything it can hurt), Wraith (I'm kidding, I'm kidding :-p).
Where is it?

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 09:11

The most heavily-shielded turret-less M3 is the Scimitar at 125MJ. Next comes the standard Falcon at 100MJ. All others are 75MJ and below. For a 75MJ-shielded M3, you'll need 2 missiles regardless, and for 50MJ and below just one is enough.

The Thunderbolt has a 15.6km range advantage, but the Tempest's 62.4km range is still great. Both of them let you safely snipe enemies from far away, so unless you simply can't stand closing that 15km gap, it's pretty much the same. If your property is about to blow up 78km away, sending a few Thunderbolts probably won't save it in time anyway.

If you really need spammy, then I suppose Thunderbolt is the one you want - it produces more per hour per fab and has a half-second lower cooldown. However, I prefer Tempests on my AI ships as they're not very smart and will spam a single target, potentially wasting missiles.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 14:53

Game: X³: Albion Prelude
Sector: Pontifex' Seclusion
Suns: 150 %
Code: AwoOoQEMnwEJLConIA8AiAErEw4LCgkAmAEBVwRVAZ0BBEsBZgHvAQEIAQIECQQKBAA=

Factories:
12x Flail Missile Production Facility (Argon)
9x Hammer Torpedo Fabrication Facility (Argon)
4x Ore Mine L (Split, Yield: 41, 38, 31, 14)
6x Silicon Mine L (Teladi, Yield: 42, 18, 13, 10, 9, 8 )
1x Tomahawk Missile Manufacturing Plant (Argon)
4x Cahoona Bakery L (Argon)
1x Cahoona Bakery M (Argon)
4x Cattle Ranch L (Argon)
1x Cattle Ranch M (Argon)
1x Solar Power Plant XL (Boron)
1x Solar Power Plant L (Boron)
1x Solar Power Plant M (Boron)
4x Crystal Fab L (Boron)
4x BoFu Chemical Lab L (Boron)
4x Bio Gas Factory L (Boron)

Total price: 167,922,216 Cr
Profit per Hour: 4,668,261 Cr
72 flails, 36 hammers and 9 tomahawks per hour. Not expensive enough to make you sweat for it, but also big enough to get good production going for everyone's needs.

In the package, CLS moving all the missiles produced to a TL storage unit in the HQ sector, and then another CLS picking them up from there and rearming all the owned missile frigates and bombers "up to" certain amount "on request", refueling and repeating.
Where is it?

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Fri, 13. Apr 12, 11:04

View from bottom :
http://i45.tinypic.com/28a3qmt.jpg
Head on view :
http://i45.tinypic.com/2vad3li.jpg

Map View - from top :
http://i49.tinypic.com/52auzb.jpg
Map View - from South :
http://i50.tinypic.com/wwln47.jpg