Which ships are better and tougher in XTC

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scartha4040
x3tc

Which ships are better and tougher in XTC

Post by Scartha4040 » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 14:24

I have just been to my friends house tonight and he says that the Terrrans have the tougher ships. Is this true ?? :?
Scartha

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 14:27

Generally Terran ships are "better" in TC, although they suffer from some poor weapon choices.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Scartha4040
x3tc

Post by Scartha4040 » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 14:41

I suppose if you customise your ships. That becomes irrelevant
Scartha

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 14:57

Not really, Terran guns are inferior to Commonwealth guns across the board, and don't say MAML because you don't own a MAML ammo fab.
Where is it?

Prophet1
x4

Post by Prophet1 » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 23:32

They are also limitd in missle selection. I got tired of fllying the Vidar because of this. But that's just me. I like to use alot of different missles. My Vidar actually got taken out by a Harrier in OOS combat while patrolling around my weed fab. Still don't get that and didn't bother to go way back to my last save before its demise.
No glory for you!

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: Which ships are better and tougher in XTC

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 23:45

Scartha4040 wrote:I have just been to my friends house tonight and he says that the Terrrans have the tougher ships. Is this true ?? :?
Terran ships are fast and tough, but are restricted to only Terran weapons. While those weapons are very good, they just don't give one the options that Commonwealth weapons bring to the table. (If you want those options, that is.) Terran fighters are excellent player ships and one of their M6's (available only through a plot) is arguably the best combat M6 in the game. Their M1 and M2 are also, arguably, the toughest in a brawl as well. But, Terrans have no TMs, no M7s capable of using boarding pods, can not use Mosquito Missile Defense (In X3TC) and their best mid-sized, and only mid-sized, weapon requires ammo. Their missiles are excellent, across the board, but are strictly limited to "Blowing Stuff The Heck Up" - Terrans don't believe in taking prisoners. So, if you're looking for ships capable of boarding actions and the like *using boarding pods, you're not going to be using Terran ships.

Terrans DO have the toughest ships, on average. But, you wouldn't want to restrict yourself to just Terran ships until after you have obtained a lot more experience with the game. Terran ships are also very expensive and because of their troubled economy (in X3TC) difficult to keep supplied with Terran missiles and Matter/Antimatter Launcher ammo.

You can never go wrong with buying/flying a Terran ship, IMO. But, if you want to experience a more full-flavored game, making use of all the varieties of ships and weapons available to you is really the only choice.

*Edit - Added "using boarding pods" because you can still order Marines to space-walk and board a ship, there just aren't any Terran ships in X3TC that can use Boarding Pods. So, your options for boarding ships would be very limited.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”