[SCR][TC/AP] TCAN - Menudriven Full Auto Naming plugin v0.99.9

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Orfevs
x3tc

Post by Orfevs » Sat, 15. Sep 12, 17:36

Already made the scripts where you reserve and release an object.
Prefix and "Strip" included. You supply the plugin name as identifier (or any other identifier string for that sake. plugin names are at least guaranteed unique..). Prefix does not supply space, so that's the job of the coder. Strip removes all name data except the unique name.
There's no checking the length though.

The release script can release one or all using the plugin name of the calling script and optional object.
And I incorporated a few checks so far - enough that the objects won't update. But that's not enough. I will remove them from listings as well to make it completely "invisible" from TCAN.

Once I have the numbering system in place, this will all be reality.
(My numbering concept didn't hold up, so I suffered a little setback there. But all support routines are at least done. Numbering across aspects cause more problems and confusion that needed. I use aspects for a reason, so that's where the numbering will be..)

Like a freight train I can't stop easily once I speed up. It's not that I got limitless time to mod.. I just put everything else on hold :p

Good luck with your house!

Orfevs
x3tc

Pre release is out! v099

Post by Orfevs » Sun, 23. Sep 12, 17:33

And there it is. Took a while, but I think v0.99 is working as it should.
This is a pre release, so there's still unfinished business.

Please note that this is NOT compatible with v0.62. So you MUST uninstall the former version. This is due to cataclysmic changes in most main arrays, the aspects and in particular the quad tag format.

Sorry about that, but there was no upgrading possible.

Latest release is 0.99.5

- Orf

Orfevs
x3tc

Post by Orfevs » Tue, 25. Sep 12, 16:50

There has been changes in the aspects from point 4 to point 5.

To utilize these changes use the import entry in nameloader menu if you replace the files. In which case it's advised you download the zip rather than SPK. On install (update won't work with the pre-release), the aspect will be read anyway. No need to import then.

With the introduction of numbering, I've gone through the relevant tags and made sure they work as intended. Currently, the only numbering schemes that work are "by aspect" and "by attach". The others are present in the list but will not serve a function.

Notable Changes
  • Personal TS uses unique name (the rest of the "personal" ships don't have a unique name tag and name generation is turned off.)
  • TS ships in general use HB number + Ship Aspect name + Number with unique name fallback
  • Mobile Bases use ship aspect name + local number with unique name fallback
  • Factories and hubs uses aspect name + local number
  • More aspects now use the "installed equipment" tag. Use the symbol menu to add equipment to the list.
All ships have either local or homebase sector (using FATIQE format) in their names. Depending on their numbering setup.
In my case I use an armada of miners and gatherers attached to an M1Aran that inherits the homebase number and sector of their attachment, the M1. Additionally there are freighters with the purpose of selling off or transporting the ore.
I'm proud to say the autoaspecting were dead on in all cases but personal vessels. They're hard to categorize, but not impossible. It *will* be done.

Most numbered ships use local numbering with attach.
Military aspects still need lots of work.

Questions?

Orfevs
x3tc

Post by Orfevs » Sat, 29. Sep 12, 02:18

My commitment to updates depends on whether anyone use this or not.
Since I haven't heard anything, I'll simply keep adding/modifying features for my own benefit.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 29. Sep 12, 03:41

No. Please keep up the good work orfevs. I just realized you updated it.

Orfevs
x3tc

Post by Orfevs » Sat, 29. Sep 12, 14:03

Yosh!

For now it seems stable aside from the lacking features.

Immediate Plans in priority order:
  • Add remaining numbering schemes.
  • Wing handling. May get special aspects.
  • Make "include wings with aspect" a global option rather than individual aspect option.
  • More weight on military matters. So far it's been the peaceful exploration/mining part.
  • Add more tags / fix faulty ones. Any requests?
  • Remove/replace wacked up/too long names in namesets
  • Tweak aspects/namesets for less freaky names.
    ANY suggestions here are most welcome!

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 29. Sep 12, 15:16

Wow orfevs. This has really come a long way. Im changing to this from RSWE.

Keep it up!

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 29. Sep 12, 15:25

I have to head to work so I dont have time to mess with this yet but does the NPC naming work? Ive been wanting this...

Orfevs
x3tc

Post by Orfevs » Sat, 29. Sep 12, 16:00

Yes. It works.

You have to turn it on through the Main Config -> Maintenance Menu first.
Then use the NameShooter to name the NPC after targeting it.

You cannot mass name them, nor use any tags. If that's a requested option I might look into it, but I can only deal with radical changes after version 1.

If I should incorporate tags it would be a one shot thing only with no updates.
Even if the thought of adding a TTL timer is appealing, my signal handling sucks.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 29. Sep 12, 16:41

Yes a mass NPC naming option would be awesome for sure. I can totally understand if its a hassle to have an NPC autonaming function though. In the meantime ill use Fillipi's AI shipnames script for that. His script is great but its a little limited as far as options is concerned.

Orfevs
x3tc

Post by Orfevs » Sat, 29. Sep 12, 19:12

Expanding TCAN do deal with NPCs shouldn't prove too difficult, but I need an angle to start from. What is it that you expect to see in NPC names?

Information would be limited by what ship upgrades you have, such as freight/bio scanner. Short lived NPC updates might be possible.
To name and update all ships in the universe using scripting is not an option if you want to actually play the game. In-sector, perhaps. Besides, the roman calculator is maxed at 10 000 :p

Ultimately, it would probably be best to make a separate script that uses TCAN for its functions. In any case, I need to finish the numbering first.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 29. Sep 12, 20:13

Thats a good question. I think that if you were to add an AI option for naming NPC ships they should be color coded at the very least. Its really only a cosmetic/immersion thing anyhow. I like the idea of named traders with the names of different companies like you would see in reunion. When I get back from work ill put down some ideas I have.

Orfevs
x3tc

Post by Orfevs » Sun, 30. Sep 12, 11:02

I'll give it some thought myself.
For now it appears there's a problem that arose from removing the delayed start. Having debug turned on during first install (can only be done through scripts) makes it work. Otherwise something fails and autoaspecting can't seem to fire up.

Works just fine on an already existing installation though. I'm on the case.

EDIT:
"Fine" isn't exactly right. Autoaspecting works while debug is on.

Warning: Technical babble.
Spoiler
Show
My function library used the debug number (which incidentally has the right flag set for autoaspect) instead of the global flags.
Added HotFix

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 30. Sep 12, 14:19

Orfevs wrote:I'll give it some thought myself.
For now it appears there's a problem that arose from removing the delayed start. Having debug turned on during first install (can only be done through scripts) makes it work. Otherwise something fails and autoaspecting can't seem to fire up.

Works just fine on an already existing installation though. I'm on the case.

EDIT:
"Fine" isn't exactly right. Autoaspecting works while debug is on.

Warning: Technical babble.
Spoiler
Show
My function library used the debug number (which incidentally has the right flag set for autoaspect) instead of the global flags.
Added HotFix
Ahh Well that explains why it wasnt working :P

Orfevs
x3tc

Post by Orfevs » Sun, 30. Sep 12, 22:42

Well - if it ain't working, sumpthin' ain't rite!

So if something seems odd, it probably needs fixing.

And yes, the funky names *will* be fixed in due time.
I'll probably have to rethink the entire nameset structure to make words fit better together, but that's absolutely last on the list since that's as far from actual scripting as you can get while still being part of TCAN.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Mon, 1. Oct 12, 00:24

Orfevs wrote:Well - if it ain't working, sumpthin' ain't rite!

So if something seems odd, it probably needs fixing.

And yes, the funky names *will* be fixed in due time.
I'll probably have to rethink the entire nameset structure to make words fit better together, but that's absolutely last on the list since that's as far from actual scripting as you can get while still being part of TCAN.
Well so far so good. It does need a little tweaking in regards to those funky names but its moving in the right direction.

Orfevs
x3tc

Post by Orfevs » Wed, 3. Oct 12, 04:34

joelR wrote: Well so far so good. It does need a little tweaking in regards to those funky names but its moving in the right direction.
Indeed. But for now I really need to take a little break. Been doing little else than coding on this script for the last 2 months and have to refresh my way of thinking to find a solution for the names too. Right now I'm a bit too stuck in my way. While the wing numbering options isn't implemented, you could still number the fighter aspect and include wings (by attach) . That should work for a temporary solution.

As for names, using opposites of each other works really well.
2 Aspects in particular uses opposites. Frigate and Salvage aspect. Take notes from those and customize as you see fit.
I made TCAN highly configurable for this reason: You can select what you want. And if you're keen on using numbering, using the aspect "common" name (previously "example" name) as a common base with numbers and perhaps the homebase unique name/number/common name or combination thereof.

I want to narrow down the namesets as much as possible so I can squeeze in more - or perhaps start using the custom namesets. I do believe 100 namesets are more than enough, if not too much.

One Hundred Arrays of names. That's a friggin' lot!
Egosoft got 2 arrays per race for their name gen.

So I want these in the names:
Cuddly stuff. Nothing is worse than a cute rogue.. or?
"Demon Panda"?
"Hell Kitty"?

Fish, with "Angry" nameset.. makes you wonder - is that fish.. dangerous?
"The Howling Cod"
"The Furious Halibut"
"The Ravaging Herring"

Normal people names (of the more uncommon sort) with "holy" set.
"Holy Edgar"
"Saint Mathilda"
"Blessed Bart"

Is there a limit to this?
I mean, I can't add things like "punk a$$ mofo" to my script. That's what the custom namesets are for.

Anyway - got to go find inspiration for the next bout.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Wed, 3. Oct 12, 07:29

Alright man. You deserve a break!

Orfevs
x3tc

Post by Orfevs » Thu, 6. Jun 13, 02:56

New revision out (v 099.9).

Some minor tweaking done to get the most out of the ship-naming.
Names won't be as dorky if you use two entries from the main namesets.
TCAN TC/AP Artificial Life, Menudriven Automated Ship/Station Namer
Spex: i7 4790K@4Ghz 16Gb DDR3 GTX970Strix(4Gb)
X:R 454 Hours. 15 hours unmodded.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Fri, 7. Jun 13, 14:19

Getting close to ver 1.0 :)
I think I'll go ahead and try this out, looks good.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”