[REL] Alliance Normandy SR2 (Mass Effect 3)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 19:12

Xenogray wrote: The model still doesn't show up even after desinstalling / reinstalling ships
If you are using the plugin manager, check whether it generated a fake patch for your ships. It usually fails and generates addon/objects subfolder instead where model files are stored and that is not recognized by the game for at least some of these files. You should be able to copy (not move) the contents of addon/objects to just objects and it should fix the issue. At least it fixed the issue for me.

Xenogray
x4

Post by Xenogray » Wed, 1. Aug 12, 20:35

Thnaks for the tip kurush, however i managed to get rid of the problem as my post edit says ;)

longbow1
x4

Post by longbow1 » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 21:06

kurush wrote:
Xenogray wrote: The model still doesn't show up even after desinstalling / reinstalling ships
If you are using the plugin manager, check whether it generated a fake patch for your ships. It usually fails and generates addon/objects subfolder instead where model files are stored and that is not recognized by the game for at least some of these files. You should be able to copy (not move) the contents of addon/objects to just objects and it should fix the issue. At least it fixed the issue for me.
thanks for that, i've got em in now, however some of the ships have missing textures, any idea whats causing that?

Xenogray
x4

Post by Xenogray » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 21:51

longbow, maybe you could try to launch the plugin manager as Admin. Deinstall all the ships and reinstall them at once. Then launch the game, and check if it works. Actually, the fake patch wasn't creating well because i forgot to launch it as Admin.

longbow1
x4

Post by longbow1 » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 23:26

sadly it didnt work, i just have a white SR-2, with blue lights for some reason

Xenogray
x4

Post by Xenogray » Thu, 2. Aug 12, 23:35

Ehm, that's really weird. Did you have a problem when you downloaded it ? Maybe you should redownload it ?

longbow1
x4

Post by longbow1 » Sat, 4. Aug 12, 03:17

that fixed it, now she looks like the one ontop of my speaker XD

Guffeh
x3ap

Post by Guffeh » Sat, 4. Aug 12, 06:56

DJ_D,

Thank you for providing us with an easy to install, working Normandy SR-2.
While the vanilla X3TC & AP ships are nice and all, I really wanted to fly a special ship that is both visually appealing and highly functional. Your Normandy SR-2 from Mass Effect is exactly what I've been looking for, and for the near future and beyond I'll be utilizing this ship with a passion. Your work is deeply appreciated.

DJ_D
x4

Post by DJ_D » Fri, 10. Aug 12, 04:28

I´m glad you like it. :D

Sadly I´m not checking the thread very often, mainly because I either play X3AP or work so I can get free time to play. :lol:

I experimented a bit with making it an M6, but I encountered a serious issue. Firstly it beeing an M6 indeed has some advantages, it can dock everywhere and since its an M6 its way more useful because it can dock everywhere, but that sadly is its doom. Its simply too large for an M6. I crashed and exploded every single time I wanted to undock from a station.
And I have to admit, that its easier to use freight drones or a fighter to move the wares from and to a station.

I thought about creating a real cockpit for it by using the model from mass effect, but it either kept crashing horribly or it simply didn´t work as intended. And after my hard drive crashed and took all the data with it, I simply had no nerve to start again. :oops:

But I think the standard cockpit I choose fits aswell.
"May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you´re dead" - Garrus Vakarian, Mass Effect3
Alliance Normandy SR2 Mod

Bishop Weyland
x3ap

Post by Bishop Weyland » Mon, 20. Aug 12, 03:08

Hy DJ_D

I've extract 6 Mass Effect ships (from Pcc files):
Alliance Fighter,Cruiser;Dreadnought,Kodiak Dropshuttle
Turian Fregate
Reaper

After I has imported the models into 3ds max (30 days trial) and when had saved as bod. I do not get on .

Could you maybe finish the ships and convert to X3 Ap or Tc?
All ships need : scenes
Turrets
Textures
Bodysize
Docking points for: Alli. Cruiser and Dreadnought
Reaper

I could sent you the bod files 8)

Dreadp1r4te

Post by Dreadp1r4te » Wed, 17. Oct 12, 12:07

This. Is. Perfect.

The ship. The Alliance Livery. The glowing windows, engines. Everything, gorgeous. I have but one teensy tiny issue... all of the cockpit weapons are mounted on the very front of the hull. This isn't a functionality issue, obviously, but I'd like to see them possibly more spread out? Maybe on the engine nacelles, and a pair of hardpoints under the main fuselage to simulate the Thanix cannon? Oh god. That would give me so much more reason to play this game again. I'd love you forever if you either set that up for me or told me how to do it myself. <3
"Never ever quote yourself; it makes you look like a conceited idiot with a raging ego."

--Me

DJ_D
x4

Post by DJ_D » Thu, 18. Oct 12, 02:15

Glad that you like it. But I placed the Weapon dummies on that spot becaus X3 calculates the weapon range from the dummy to its target. The further back the dummies are, the closer your target has to be, before the weapons can hit it.

Lets say your weapon has a range of 10km, and the dummy is at the back, which is ~100 metres behind the cockpit, the weapons will only be able to hit your target if your cockpit says, your target is 9,9km away.

That doesnt really matter for fighters, but the Normandy is rather long. And loosing a few hundred meters of weapon range didn´t seem appropriate, especially if you need to get so close that your enemy can lock onto you.

To change it, you need to open the scene file in gmax or 3dsmax and moce the weapon dummies to the desired positions.
"May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you´re dead" - Garrus Vakarian, Mass Effect3

Dreadp1r4te

Post by Dreadp1r4te » Thu, 18. Oct 12, 06:32

I can do that, actually. Will I need any form of import/export plugins for 3dsmax?

EDIT: Actually, it seems my version of 3dsmax is incompatible with dbox2. Pity =( I was looking forward to pewpewing stuff with a pair of Spare Laser 2s as the Thanix Cannon =(
"Never ever quote yourself; it makes you look like a conceited idiot with a raging ego."

--Me

Dumuzii

Post by Dumuzii » Fri, 19. Oct 12, 08:59

Really great mod, thanks alot for this

only suggestion would be finding a way to clean up the front when you're in the F1 view, the rest of the ship looks great as it is, well done

Chris122990
x4

Post by Chris122990 » Wed, 10. Jul 13, 18:56

Just to let you know, I downloaded both versions and neither of them are compatible with Kyon Emitters by default as you stated in the OP.

DJ_D
x4

Post by DJ_D » Fri, 12. Jul 13, 14:56

They should work. You have any other mods installed that change weapon classes or add new lasers?

Chris122990
x4

Post by Chris122990 » Fri, 26. Jul 13, 09:16

Nope it's a clean install.

Mannschaft
x3ap

Post by Mannschaft » Tue, 27. Aug 13, 01:45

Hey this thing is sweet. Running it in AP with XRM. One thing though. The ship info says it can equip 4x 1GJ shields. I have 4x 1GJ shields and the ship isn't using them. To test it out, I bought 4x 5MJ shields. It immediately equipped them.
DOWN WITH THE ALBINO SKUNK!!!!

Bishop Weyland
x3ap

Post by Bishop Weyland » Wed, 28. Aug 13, 14:19

Hy DJ_D

take a look at these page :
http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/17-728-1

Could you add all Alliance ships ?( Dreadnought,Cruiser,fighter,Dropship)
I think the models are from Cpt_Carmal he is a member here.

Jack10069

Post by Jack10069 » Tue, 29. Oct 13, 10:47

I take it that this mod is not compatible with cadius's ships pack considering when i try to use them together the game crashes on startup

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”