My new super complex for the HUB - 78 Chip plants

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

vradchuk
x2

My new super complex for the HUB - 78 Chip plants

Post by vradchuk » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 22:52

There is another recent thread out here with some nice complexes - I just wanted to share my complex.

It has 78 Chip plants - the rest is only to support those plants and nothing else (well, there is a little excess of energy cells, so I spent it on BoFu since it's a Boron sector I might sell it). I found that Barren Shores has a lot of silicon asteroids and non Ore ones (there are couple of Ore mines but I couldn't make a self-sustained complex that requires ore in this sector) - perfect for microchip production. I used all the silicon asteroids.

78 Chip plants complex

I’m using the same complex not just for chips. During Crystal and Silicon stages of the hub plot I turn off some mines/plants/factories to increase yield of what I need.

crystals

silicon

------
It took me more than 2 weeks to build it in vanilla but you might consider some tricks I used as cheats… I towed all 37 silicon mines to a corner of the sector making one big ball – whenever I could I position a mine so the connector part would point to inside of the ball (to keep less details outside). This towing along took more than 2/3 of the construction time. All the plants and factories are built one on top of the other all inside several mines, so they are not visible (and I hope they are not affecting frame-rate this way too much). Solar Power plants are outside mines but hidden on the far side of the ball.

p00fer
x4

Post by p00fer » Mon, 9. Apr 12, 23:07

cheers, that is waaay bigger then mine, i limited myself to 25 chip plants and the corresponding resources...about to finish the ore phase...shld be fun to put the ol complex to 100%

shadowdef
x3tc

Post by shadowdef » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 00:12

I'd like to see what it looks like. If you have the time screen shot it for us bro.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 00:43

That's funny, because 76 fabs is best Barren Shores can do. You're short on Silicon there.
Where is it?

vradchuk
x2

Post by vradchuk » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 00:53

delray wrote:That's funny, because 76 fabs is best Barren Shores can do. You're short on Silicon there.
Not according to this calculator. I'm a little short on crystals but since there is some excees of energy cells, I will actually not need that many crystals as the calculator said.

Why do you think there can be only 76?

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 01:35

Maybe they changed something between TC and AP?
Where is it?

vradchuk
x2

Post by vradchuk » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 11:07

shadowdef wrote:I'd like to see what it looks like. If you have the time screen shot it for us bro.
Towing one of the last mines
[ external image ]

After all mines are in place
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Apparently I didn't make screenshots of the completed complex but the onlt visible differens would be a Solar Power Plant visible only from the far side (actually it's 6 of them located exactly in the same spot).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”