What are the best M6 for AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

shadowdef
x3tc

What are the best M6 for AP

Post by shadowdef » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 09:33

Im in the market for a good m6 for my kyoto. List what M6's you think are the best for whatever reason.

I personaly think that out of all the terran M6's the Katana is the best
While it may have the weakest shields and less power and guns, it is the fastest and cheapest. I'll post the stats below tell me what you think.

Katana: Price tag 6,490,494 credits

Max Speed: 136 M/s

Max Steering: 4.1 rpm

Max Acceleration: 14 M/s

Max Shields: 5 x 200 MJ shields

Shield Power Generators: 3,250MW

Max Laser Energy: 19,000MJ

Energy Reload Rate: 2,100 MW

Cargo Bay: 1,000 Units

Transport Class XL

Weapons:

6 main weapons

2 turrets right

2 turrets left

2 turrets down

Vidar: Price Tag 8,867,546

Max Speed: 128 M/s

Max Steering: 8.8 rpm

Max Acceleration: 12 M/s

Max Shields: 5 x 200 MJ shields

Shield Power Generators: 3,800MW

Max Laser Energy: 19,000MJ

Energy Reload Rate: 2,00 MW

Cargo Bay: 900 Units

Transport Class L

Weapons:

10 main weapons

2 turrets up

2 turrets down

Weaker in all most every category yet at a cost of 2m more credits then the Katana. It's only redeeming qualitie is it's fast turning speeds.

Vali: Price Tag 14,606,957

Max Speed: 110 M/s

Max Steering:2.4

Max Acceleration: 10 M/s

Max Shields: 6 x 200 MJ shields

Shield Power Generators: 4,000MW

Max Laser Energy: 19,500MJ

Energy Reload Rate: 2,000 MW

Cargo Bay: 850 Units

Transport Class L

Weapons:

8 main weapons

2 turrets right

2 turrets back

2 turrets left

More then twice the price of the katana while moving at a slower pace with far less maneuverability. less cargo room and only a L transport class. With 200MJ more shields 2 more main guns. More laser energy with less energy recharge rate... lol what?

Anyways thats the terran M6 line up. feel free to add to the list and dont forget to list your favorite m6. :)

highflier
x4

Post by highflier » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 12:03

i had all 3 of them fighting against m3+ IS and was not impressed. my falcon sentinels kill quicker and live longer...

looks like their turning rate is the weak spot but the vali killed more effectly. thats sure due to the side turrets and the longer livetime.

long story short, you wont see them fight much with their main guns against anything smaller.

LordGaara

Post by LordGaara » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 12:44

1. Hyperion Vanguard... period.
2. PX

That's for AP 2.0
In my case - AP 2.0+XRM - switch positions.

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 13:34

Vidar vs Katana.

Speed and turning ain't problem since you can overtune.

Weapon energy recharge, why do you need that at all? :idea:

What matter most is 10 MAML vs 6. The difference is worth half a billion.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 14:21

I don't think frontal guns matter as much for AI-driver ships as side guns and turret coverage. AI is terrible at picking and sticking to a target (a lot of time they will just spin like mad cows in the middle of enemy fighter cloud reacquiring targets repeatedly and endlessly).

If the ship is going to be driven by AI, I pick turret coverage and shields over everything else. That puts Skiron, Vali and Katana at the top of the ladder, with less shielded Centaurs and slower Ospreys behind them, and then HCP and Heavy Nemesis with their good loadout but tiny cargo space. Vidar, Heavy Dragon, Heavy Hydra and other ships with most firepower at their nose are for the player not for the AI to drive, one Firestorm into their blindspot and you're 15 mil short.

If I were to advice anything, load Katanas with Poltergeist and Wraith, or load Ospreys with Hurricanes and Typhoons, and use them as missile boats. Or go half-half.
Where is it?

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 15:34

I assumed he was talking about a personal M6.
I live in my Vidar.

highflier
x4

Post by highflier » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 15:40

for personal use it would be by a long shot the vidar (well, out of the given list)

but i would rather have 5 heavy fighter (in that case m6) and a fast scout/personal ship to dock.

and delray put my thought exactly into letters.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 15:43

Lone Jedi wrote:I assumed he was talking about a personal M6.
Because you didn't read his post, or at least the first sentence of it where he specifically mentions having to arm his Kyoto with M6s. Then again, he named this thread in a misleading way too, so he deserves a couple misdirected (still might be good even if so) answers. :-)

There's something fun in having a tiny crappy Osprey packed with Typhoons deliver more damage than Kyoto and even shoot down enemy torpedos to protect that Kyoto. I really don't mind jumping into an M6 to clean up around my bigger ships.
Where is it?

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 15:53

delray wrote:
Lone Jedi wrote:I assumed he was talking about a personal M6.
Because you didn't read his post, or at least the first sentence of it where he specifically mentions having to arm his Kyoto with M6s. Then again, he named this thread in a misleading way too, so he deserves a couple misdirected (still might be good even if so) answers. :-)

There's something fun in having a tiny crappy Osprey packed with Typhoons deliver more damage than Kyoto and even shoot down enemy torpedos to protect that Kyoto. I really don't mind jumping into an M6 to clean up around my bigger ships.
I read his post. Why couldn't his personal M6 dock in his Kyoto?
I live in my Vidar.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 16:08

I assume it's the ship that blows up. Which makes me grin, somehow. :-)
Where is it?

Naroku
x3tc

Post by Naroku » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 22:16

VIDAR all the way. It was so good in TC. But the ATF variant of it is a hella good if OUT of sector defending.

Yet feel compeled to mention that ya could cap a Hyperion and it will likely become your flavor of the month.
Walk softly and carry a big gun.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 00:32

The only problem with Terran corvettes is that they eventually run out of ammunition and waste it in big numbers. For personal use it is not an issue, for AI it will become a nuisance. The only exception is Springblossom with its FLAK capability. Or, one of commonwealth high-end M6 such as Skirnir or Heavy Centaur. They are all pretty decent after the laser regen buff. For Kyoto M8 makes much more sense than M6 though. 3 M8 + 2 big TS for missiles + your personal yacht / fighter / springy.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 01:14

Springblossom is the best corvette IMO.
Vidar is probably next favorite because of massive frontal power.
Vali is good for NPC since of strong shielding and large amonts of turrets.
Katana is ok but inferior to the Vali in almost every way.

Just remember that NPC pilots will be greatly benefited by shields and turrets, the speed and manuverablity is largly irrelivent (except for the Sprinblossom). Remember the primary corvette weapon for the Terrans is ammo based so laser generators aren't as important. The Springy is good since it can equip Starbursts.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 01:42

Sadly your Lolblossom doesn't work with Kyoto, and you can't produce MAML ammo. :-)
Where is it?

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 01:52

delray wrote:Sadly your Lolblossom doesn't work with Kyoto, and you can't produce MAML ammo. :-)
Doesn't work for you? I suggest trying the *think* aspect of the game :P I've it either parked on my Kyoto or flying it all the time. And for AI control it is a non-issue. And I actually have a MAML fab in a vanilla game. It overproduces horribly, I think I barely ran through the ammo I obtained via captures by now.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 02:08

kurush wrote: And I actually have a MAML fab in a vanilla game.
its quite funny that the only case when you can't have MAML ammo fab is if you want to be absolutely friendly with Terrans :D :D

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 02:11

Jumee wrote: its quite funny that the only case when you can't have MAML ammo fab is if you want to be absolutely friendly with Terrans :D :D
Terran are very forgiving people. Work as a taxi driver for a couple of weeks, and you get a place in their senate. Sweet deal... Nobody pays attention to the war crimes you've committed.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 02:21

kurush wrote:Terran are very forgiving people
the whole galaxy is, I guess Goner teaching have affected them all :D

gecos
x3tc

Post by gecos » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 15:18

delray wrote:Sadly your Lolblossom doesn't work with Kyoto, and you can't produce MAML ammo. :-)
I have to admit that your level of hate/despise for Terran ships and especially Aldrin ships is defying belief :lol: . People love to have fun blasting things and the Springy is kinda the best corvette at doing that :) .

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 15:51

Joined January 2012, posts 174, and he wants to teach me about game balance. Dude, go fly all the other 500 ships you never even used, then come back and we can discuss game balance and how Terran ships and Aldrin ships compare with the rest of their class, and other classes...
Where is it?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”