[TC] Patrol Mission Missile Kills

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RiAt
x3ap

[TC] Patrol Mission Missile Kills

Post by RiAt » Tue, 10. Apr 12, 22:15

Hello,

When running patrol missions in TC(Steam) I use my M7M flails to destroy waves of Xenon ships but get no credit for it. Once I complete the mission I get a message saying "... must of been quiet... or you are not as good as we thought..." then they pay me around 10k. Where as the mission was 600k+ships. Is this a bug to do with the missiles destroying ships or an error on my part?
Thanks

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 11:58

Are you flying the M7M yourself or are you firing it remotely? I think you need to do the killing from your own personal ship to get the credits. Also are you killing ships that are indicated by the mission guidance or just any hostiles that you happen to see?

Moving to Universe forum for better exposure to other players.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 14:01

Are you saying you don't get the initially promised payout (ie the 600K)? I can't remember if that amount is actually displayed or if only the extra bounty is displayed in the message. If you don't get the initial payout then that sounds wrong!

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

RiAt
x3ap

Post by RiAt » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 16:37

Thank you for the move.

I am the one piloting the ship, and the ships I destroy are flagged as enemy but do not have the gold cross hair for mission objectives. They must be part of the patrol though as surely it is unlike for 3 xenon invasions in neighboring sectors as I enter them?

Specific mission message is...

"Patrol complete, pilot. Either it was really quiet along the way or you're not what we expected. You didn't manage to eliminate any enemy ships. Still, we will pay you 91134 credits for your time."

When the mission brief was around 600k.
This has happened both times I have taken patrol missions in the same ship.

RiAt
x3ap

Post by RiAt » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 16:55

Seems like it is happening to a few people, teaches me not to search forums.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=317369
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=306177
Guess I will just avoid for now unless anyone has a fix.
Thanks

kenright
xr

Post by kenright » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 18:39

Patrol missions require you to kill at least one ship for you to get full credit.

This has caused me many a late-night curse at my computer screen, because for some reason the patrol missions I get tend to be through sectors literally filled with friendly capital ships and the like. My last two "patrol this sector against the xenon" missions involved a P, 4 Ls, like 5 Ms, and who knows how many Ns. All of them spawned 20km from me, and all of them were slaughtered before I could even land a shot on one of them. Very irritating.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”