Nostalgic Argon - Buster Weapons

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DrRockso79

Nostalgic Argon - Buster Weapons

Post by DrRockso79 » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 10:14

Hi,

I purchased the X3TC/AP bundle on steam and haven't left my house in two weeks. :lol:

Anyway since I finally figured out AP has the hub/phq quests, I moved on from TC and started a new nostalgic argon game. I decided that I want to keep the starting buster as my personal ship and I am interested in weapon configuration suggestions. I was originally planning on 6x pacs but I'm not sure how well that would work with the buster's limited energy capacity and low recharge.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 10:32

You should go with PRGs. They have more range and damage than PACs, and PAC is pretty much obsoleted by them. The only fault of PRGs is (slightly) higher energy use and much higher price. Some people can't get used to smaller projectiles as well, but saying that PAC is more accurate than PRG because of projectile size is nuts for me.

Buster is a poor choice for player ship, no rear turret will make you cry whenever there's a fast missile launched at you, and you are slower than a lot of missiles and ships that can seriously hurt you.

There's plenty of M4s with 6x PRG and no rear turret which are way faster than Buster, some even have rear turrets (Eurus), or can mount EBC (Pike) which uses no energy at all. If you really want that kind of action, bring mosquitos with you, you will have to knock down quite a lot of missiles in AP. When you get tired of it, upgrade to M3. :-)
Where is it?

Sarganto

Post by Sarganto » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 11:22

Go and hunt down some pirates and get yourself a Nova, Mamba or at least a Falcon or Elite.

Only use the Buster to get one of them. But even that won't be easy in a Buster, because it really is not a good ship.
Cae caret ora cruore nostro?

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 14:21

Maybe he wants to fly in Buster to prepare himself for what it's going to be like in Rebirth? :-)
Where is it?

DrRockso79

Post by DrRockso79 » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 18:45

It didn't strike me as that terrible. Aside from the energy issues, I didn't have that much trouble in it as far as combat in general. I mean, it's definitely not like my Sabre was, but I didn't find it any more difficult as long as I picked and approached my targets wisely.

I mean, it definitely won't be the only ship I own, and I probably won't keep it forever, but for now, I'm trying for a more organic story driven experience over just "this is what I have to do first before I can really start the game".

ahddib
x4

Post by ahddib » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 19:33

buster is one of the worst craft in the game. as far as basic m4s go I prefer the scorpion.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 22:47

While it may not be the best, it's far from being one of the worst. Basically, it's average, like most Argon ships. And in the hands of the player, it's the best M4 in space, since a player can defeat any other M4 with it. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

ahddib
x4

Post by ahddib » Wed, 11. Apr 12, 23:56

lol, point taken nanook

DrRockso79

Post by DrRockso79 » Thu, 12. Apr 12, 01:04

Well, so much for the buster. Just bought a nova raider for 151,000cr off a pilot. For that price I'd be stupid NOT to buy it. :D

ahddib
x4

Post by ahddib » Thu, 12. Apr 12, 01:55

grats!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 12. Apr 12, 02:33

Good find! The Nova Raider is an excellent M3. Enjoy. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”