[AP] Hub Mission the same as TC?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rikaelus
x3

[AP] Hub Mission the same as TC?

Post by Rikaelus » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 00:51

Since the topics I've found and the wiki aren't really clear on this:
Is the Hub quest the same for TC and AP?

Going by the wiki, I've been trying to get it to start for some time and it just... won't. I'm a King's Protectorate and Master Industrialist, flown in and out of Boron sectors and revisited every one--looking around gates--and there's just no sign of Mahi Ma or his ship.

This is getting ridiculous.

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 00:57

You need to finish the war plot first. It is vastly different from TC.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

Rikaelus
x3

Post by Rikaelus » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 02:43

Allan F wrote:You need to finish the war plot first. It is vastly different from TC.
What the hell... how lame.
I don't even care about the Hub. I just want my PHQ. So now I have to play all the way through the war plot AND Hub plot, just to get to my PHQ?

Screw it. Just going to cheat and add it in.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 02:46

wow, why jump to conclusions so fast? :) you do not need to finish the Hub plot to start a PHQ plot, you need to finish the war plot find NMMC headquarters, have >1 stations and I think a certain teladi rep (dont remember for sure), and btw all 3 plots are super short - especially the PHQ and HUB ones

Rikaelus
x3

Post by Rikaelus » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 03:09

Jumee wrote:wow, why jump to conclusions so fast? :) you do not need to finish the Hub plot to start a PHQ plot, you need to finish the war plot find NMMC headquarters, have >1 stations and I think a certain teladi rep (dont remember for sure), and btw all 3 plots are super short - especially the PHQ and HUB ones
Not jumping to conclusions, going on what I've read.

Per the wiki, one of the requirements: 6 hours after The HUB is completed

And based on what Allan said, I can't do the Hub until after the war plot.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 03:12

Rikaelus wrote:Per the wiki, one of the requirements: 6 hours after The HUB is completed
That's the requirements for TC, not AP.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Rikaelus
x3

Post by Rikaelus » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 03:17

Zaitsev wrote:
Rikaelus wrote:Per the wiki, one of the requirements: 6 hours after The HUB is completed
*screams*

A wiki is pretty f'ing useless if it can't say little things like that. Is there any place that has information for AP then? The game doesn't even get its own forums or script/support forums, when obviously there are differences from TC. And Google is useless for looking this up.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 03:33

Rikaelus wrote:
Zaitsev wrote:
*screams*

A wiki is pretty f'ing useless if it can't say little things like that. Is there any place that has information for AP then? The game doesn't even get its own forums or script/support forums, when obviously there are differences from TC. And Google is useless for looking this up.
Maybe you need to improve your Google foo skills? :)

For reference I did this in Google:

Code: Select all

site:forum.egosoft.com AP PHQ requirements

Also the Wiki was written for TC when AP didn't exist :roll:

Rikaelus
x3

Post by Rikaelus » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 07:29

Thanks
For reference I did this in Google:

Code: Select all

site:forum.egosoft.com AP PHQ requirements
Which is great if I wanted a forum discussion, but I was looking for a resource site. Now I have to question the validity and completeness of ship, missile, weapon, etc., lists on the sites I thought were current.
Also the Wiki was written for TC when AP didn't exist :roll:
Wikis are suppose to be constantly written by anyone who uses them. If it were a resource site made by one person, then I'd question its validity... but there's not much excuse for a Wiki getting that outdated. And if nobody has access to update it, they shouldn't have made it a wiki to begin with.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 07:55

Wikis are well known to be either OOD or inaccurate.
They are only as good as the last person to revise them.

For most your information on X games,check the Stickies above and use the Search functions here and on Google
You will sometimes find player sites like Roguey's that index and link various aspects of different versions.

Be patient and don't jump to conclusions.
There is also the AP Survival guide in the download section
http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3ap/bonus_en.php

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 13:56

Roguey's website for AP has all the ship stats correct, he might even have walkthroughs there but I'm not sure about that

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sun, 15. Apr 12, 03:06

The HQ also has a price, I think you have to hand over something like 25 million before they give you the Albatross carrying the station.

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Sun, 15. Apr 12, 07:21

Sovereign01 wrote:The HQ also has a price, I think you have to hand over something like 25 million before they give you the Albatross carrying the station.
You can sell the Albatross and return some of that money though.

Rikaelus
x3

Post by Rikaelus » Mon, 16. Apr 12, 12:13

Sovereign01 wrote:The HQ also has a price, I think you have to hand over something like 25 million before they give you the Albatross carrying the station.
Meh. That's nothing to me at this point. I have 1.5B credits and don't even know what I'd spend them on.

If I ever cheat--which I'm still tempted to do to get the HQ--I usually sacrifice credits to offset whatever I gain. I was going to give up 400M-500M credits for the HQ and call it day. That struck me as fair. IMO you get things like that a little too cheaply through missions.

Plus I suspect I'll want more than one, which leaves cheating as the only option. Because.. you know.. for some reason you couldn't drop a ton of credits to have another one built for some reason. Some things about the game just don't make logical sense.

kenright
xr

Post by kenright » Mon, 16. Apr 12, 22:42

Rikaelus wrote:
Meh. That's nothing to me at this point. I have 1.5B credits and don't even know what I'd spend them on.

If I ever cheat--which I'm still tempted to do to get the HQ--I usually sacrifice credits to offset whatever I gain. I was going to give up 400M-500M credits for the HQ and call it day. That struck me as fair. IMO you get things like that a little too cheaply through missions.

Plus I suspect I'll want more than one, which leaves cheating as the only option. Because.. you know.. for some reason you couldn't drop a ton of credits to have another one built for some reason. Some things about the game just don't make logical sense.
Modifications help with that!

Seriously, played this vanilla, was like "has a lot of potential, but its soooo tedious."

Then I modded it and was like "holy mother of god it all makes sense and is considerably less complicated and monotonous!"

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”