Captured ships are disappeared after finishing a part of "Balance of Power" plot

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

vradchuk
x2

Captured ships are disappeared after finishing a part of "Balance of Power" plot

Post by vradchuk » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 10:44

Hi there,

There is a part of "Balance of Power" where you have to follow a transport with prisoners, then the prisoners take over the transport and you have to protect it from the convoy.

I managed to capture a Katana and a Yokohama of this convoy. I guess I was a little suspisious when before the capture the Yokohama didn't reply to my calls at all (just like any Ka'ak ship). After I captured them I spent some time to find them weapon and shields - both ships behaved absolutely normally.

Then I flew to talk to the guy who hired me for the job. After the conversation X3 said the mission was completed. At this point I was going to do something with my new ships but couldn't find them anywhere. No log entry that they were destroyed, nothing - they just disappear. I replayed this part several times - right after the conversation, once the mission is completed the ships disappear...

Maybe you have some advise on how to save the ships? If not then I will sell them before finishing the mission - at least some profitsss...

Captain Chris sTc
x4

Post by Captain Chris sTc » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 11:01

They may well be scripted in for teh mission. and when the mission ends. The ships are scripted back out of teh universe. as they were just part of teh mission. You best be would be to sell the ships before the mission ends and us the money from them to buy a different ship.

p00fer
x4

Post by p00fer » Sat, 14. Apr 12, 19:02

or go modified and clone the ship, capture legit and avoid it beign scripted away...
-Aye, fly into sun!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”