Bigger HUDs?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sturmer

Bigger HUDs?

Post by Sturmer » Tue, 17. Apr 12, 12:03

I'm playing TC at 1280x1024 on my ancient 17" cathode monitor and while I love this resolution, reading stuff is torture, especially after a couple of hours. I have Military HUD for CMOD installed, but while it looks great, it doesn't resize anything, everything is still small. The sector map for example only takes up a third of my screen while in 1024x768 it took up more than half of it.

My question is, is there a HUD mod or even script that resizes hud and font to the size that is in 1024x768?

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Tue, 17. Apr 12, 12:18

Nope is the short answer.

The HUD definitions are hardcoded meaning that size wise it cannot be changed. Hell even positioning can't be changed.

I really wish this would be opened up to work on as currently it's looking older than a dinosaur as far as HUD editing and usability is concerned.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Tue, 17. Apr 12, 12:26

Thanks for the answer!

Nedimar
x4

Post by Nedimar » Tue, 17. Apr 12, 19:20

Nope is the short answer.
And yes is the long answer. It is possible to increase the size of the menus, the sectormap and HUD elements. But this requires some changes to the HUD model files and it's hard to find the right mixture of increased scale and positioning. It is not possible to change the size of the gravidar and the galaxymap.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Tue, 17. Apr 12, 19:22

Or position from my experience. If there is a way to move the hud around I'm all ears...
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”