Plasma Burst Generators (No doubt been asked before)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The Iron Duke
x3tc

Plasma Burst Generators (No doubt been asked before)

Post by The Iron Duke » Tue, 17. Apr 12, 16:44

HOw can u obtain them.
Playing X3TC. V2.1. ALl the forges have been destroyed or disappeared. Can't buy them or a factory, any M3s using them lose them when capped.
Any suggestions
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me." (Sir Athur Wellesley, viewng the Connaught Rangers, eve of Waterloo.)

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Tue, 17. Apr 12, 16:52

Monitor the sectors where they are meant to be, a TL might show up carrying one.
Where is it?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 17. Apr 12, 18:40

Have you checked all locations? Here are the known locations of PBG forges:

Dana Chance
Loman Legacy
Maelstrom
US East of PTNI

Now just put an adv Nav sat in PTNI, Merchant Haven, Htikvah Faith, Ceo Doubt, Mooky Revenge and Split Fire, and keep your fingers crossed.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Tue, 17. Apr 12, 18:46

Perhaps drop some satellites in those Sectors, and monitor for factories (in case) they respawn.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Sarganto

Post by Sarganto » Tue, 17. Apr 12, 19:26

That weapon is too strong anyway. Playing with it feels like a cheat.
Cae caret ora cruore nostro?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 17. Apr 12, 20:11

Sarganto wrote:That weapon is too strong anyway. Playing with it feels like a cheat.
But he may need the PBGs for the Steam achievement :-)

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: Plasma Burst Generators (No doubt been asked before)

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 18. Apr 12, 01:45

The Iron Duke wrote:...Can't buy them or a factory, any M3s using them lose them when capped. Any suggestions
First, I'd say start searching for TLs carrying PBG Forges for the pirates, as suggested above.

But, I wonder.. Some M6s can mount them. PBG Compatibles Maybe you can scan these M6s while you're searching for TLs and, if you find one that is using them, you can attempt to board and capture it?

MaximumBullfrog

Post by MaximumBullfrog » Wed, 18. Apr 12, 02:40

I love mine. I got them long before I got an M3 to mount them on. There's probably a way more efficient way to store personal stuff, but basically what I did when I bought weapons and other goods for ships I did not yet have was I stored them in a basic outfitted Mercury I had docked at Terracorp HQ. I ended up buying a Nova Raider nearby and flying it over to mount the guns on, but if I hadn't I would have instead just filled the rest of the Mercury with cells, a drive and jumped it to wherever I got the M3 for the exchange. I bought the PBGs themselves with a Discoverer Raider in two sets of four since it was fast enough to get past all the hostilities around the station and dock it.
If it's not Baroque, don't fix it.

Misomann

Post by Misomann » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 01:10

Damn, seems like a lot of work for finding a simple weapon. I'm trying to find them myself and getting satellites to find the stations is just bloody infuriating!

p00fer
x4

Post by p00fer » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 01:46

if you have one you can use the already known and the just posted cloning exploits to clone yourself some...enough to speed up the process
and you could mindlessly spend the money that would cost on something that you will SD.
-Aye, fly into sun!

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 03:59

don't concentrate on a single achievement. Check back every few hours of game time while you take on other challenges.
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

MaximumBullfrog

Post by MaximumBullfrog » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 05:38

Sucks if you gotta board a TL just to get PBGs. That's a task easier said than done, much later game stuf than when you can first conceivably get PBGs and a ship to make use of them :P

The forge in Danna's Chance for me has miraculously survived this long (my save has around 5 days clocked so far) even though a good chunk of that pirate strip it's in has been all but conquered by the Telani. It's just sort of there next to a bunch of legitimate trade traffic in the sector. However, I find the kick that seems to cost you the station (from GoD deleting it) is that none of these stations have the access to Space Fuel they need.

Misomann

Post by Misomann » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 18:52

MaximumBullfrog wrote:The forge in Danna's Chance for me has miraculously survived this long
Lucky for you I spend hours trying to get there and when I do I realise they don't like me :evil:

MaximumBullfrog

Post by MaximumBullfrog » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 19:01

Misomann wrote:
MaximumBullfrog wrote:The forge in Danna's Chance for me has miraculously survived this long
Lucky for you I spend hours trying to get there and when I do I realise they don't like me :evil:
You have to station hack them. Any PBG forge will be hostile until you do. I find the stations in Thurk's Beard have guys who will hack it for you quite often, though it's around a $300,000 investment at that distance.

Misomann

Post by Misomann » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 22:02

MaximumBullfrog wrote:
Misomann wrote:
You have to station hack them. Any PBG forge will be hostile until you do. I find the stations in Thurk's Beard have guys who will hack it for you quite often, though it's around a $300,000 investment at that distance.
What how do I hack something? I'm such a newbie.

MaximumBullfrog

Post by MaximumBullfrog » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 22:07

In Reunion, you got hack offers from the BBS, and in AP you get them from various docked lightbulb offers at stations. I don't know how TC does it but I imagine it's the same as AP.

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 22:07

Misomann wrote:
Check for pirate bases within 3 jumps from the station. Occasionaly they'll offer you to hack a station. It's like an ordinary mission, indicated with a lightbulb sign. It will cost you bout 200-300 thousand cr.

I'm not sure if this can be offered from non-pirate stations.

Misomann

Post by Misomann » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 22:09

cmdnenad wrote:
Misomann wrote:
Check for pirate bases within 3 jumps from the station. Occasionaly they'll offer you to hack a station. It's like an ordinary mission, indicated with a lightbulb sign. It will cost you bout 200-300 thousand cr.

I'm not sure if this can be offered from non-pirate stations.
Okay thanks! :D Good job I've saved some mular.

n00biwan
x3ap

Post by n00biwan » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 23:03

Yes they can be offered from non pirate stations. Though they are quite unhelpful about it, it just says the name of the stations with no indication of where they are...
"Stop exploding you cowards" - Zap Brannigan

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”