Any mods with Terran/Argon war disabled?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

GameDrifter

Any mods with Terran/Argon war disabled?

Post by GameDrifter » Thu, 19. Apr 12, 02:22

That whole pointless looping war thing in AP is getting old.. I'd just like to play Terran without being pestered to join a pointless war every 5 minutes or to have my trade ship blown up entering fake war zones.. Anyone have a mod to shut the fake war thing off? :wink:
Keeping you relevant, one reply at a time...

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 19. Apr 12, 02:34

Not that I've seen.

My AMS start sets the ranks just high enough that you start neutral to Terrans and ATF, so the war rages on around you without any effecting you at all.

But I dont know how to get the races themselves to rank change high enough to stop the fighting.

The easiest way would be to go back to playing TC.

Its not just a matter of ranks either, the jobs file would need a lot of spawn jobs for the war removed.

GameDrifter

Post by GameDrifter » Thu, 19. Apr 12, 02:39

TC = kha'ak So kinda in a catch 22 here lol.. A mod with no Kha'ak nor fake wars would be wonderful :)

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Thu, 19. Apr 12, 02:39

apricotslice wrote:The easiest way would be to go back to playing TC.

Its not just a matter of ranks either, the jobs file would need a lot of spawn jobs for the war removed.
No.

If you extract the x3_universe_war.xml and delete its content, then place it your /addon/maps folder, that will disable the war.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

GameDrifter

Post by GameDrifter » Thu, 19. Apr 12, 02:46

Jack08 wrote:
apricotslice wrote:The easiest way would be to go back to playing TC.

No.

If you extract the x3_universe_war.xml and delete its content, then place it your /addon/maps folder, that will disable the war.
Sweet I'll tweak it and see how it goes.. BTW hope you get your mod project complete soon I'm chomping at the bits to give it a go.. The other major rebalancing mod out there has those dirty component destroying kha'ak race in it, even the AP version.. Blah..

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 19. Apr 12, 10:07

The XRM has the vanilla war disabled.

The Argons and Terrans are still at war, but XRM handles it in a different, less intrusive way. You can get involved in the war or completely ignore it. You wont get any annoying messages.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”