[AP] Question about Automatic Laser switching (turret command)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

telapo

[AP] Question about Automatic Laser switching (turret command)

Post by telapo » Thu, 19. Apr 12, 21:05

Forgive my noobness but how does it work? Is it wat i think it is, when facing with fighters, it will auto swap to anti fighter weapons such as flaks?

But wat if i don't have flaks in my freight but something more efficient than anti-capital weapons? For example, i have an osaka that equipped PSP and has M/AMs in freight but no SSC. So when facing fighters will it swap to M/AMs? Will it do the same for e.g EMPC to M/AM when facing capital ships? If i am totally wrong, kindly correct me :)

Thanks in advance.

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Thu, 19. Apr 12, 21:47

not sure of the details of how it works but essencially your correct...

auto switching should pick the best weapon for the job... how it defines them i cant comment.
find me on Steam
check out Roguey's Wiki - still under development

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Thu, 19. Apr 12, 22:08

ConCorDian wrote: auto switching should pick the best weapon for the job... how it defines them i cant comment.
Not sure about "best weapon for the job". It appears to just select a gun based on its range. So, it would go from PPC, to HEPT, then to FLAK and then to IRE when your are getting close to your target. Even if that target is another destroyer :) Sometimes it is useful, but you have to be careful what guns do you have in cargo. Some salvaged guns can really create a mess in the middle of a battle.

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Fri, 20. Apr 12, 11:35

okay, cant say weapon switching for me has created a mess... then again im not a huge fan of it, i find it strange that these large turrets on the outside of your ship can change in the blink of an eye. tell you one thing the F1 pit teams just now should have something to learn from this!!
find me on Steam
check out Roguey's Wiki - still under development

MetroWolf
x3tc

Post by MetroWolf » Fri, 20. Apr 12, 23:36

When selecting the option to Utilize Automatic Weapon Selection did you keep the Weapons Bays empty or did you select the initial load-out and the AI removed replaced as needed?

arnak
x3tc

Auto weapon switching?

Post by arnak » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 12:35

Hi,

Just read the question and tried to find it in my game but can't seem to find that command in the turret menu?

Where should I be looking for that command please?

Arnak
Just remember that Murphy was an optimist!!

i7 4ghz, R290 vid card, 16 gig Ram, W7.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 12:57

Ingame Options -> Gameplay -> Advanced Game Settings -> Turret Command Configuration
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

arnak
x3tc

Turret Commands.

Post by arnak » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 14:30

Hi,

Ah, great, the one place I didn't look. :oops:

Thanks very much,

Arnak

arnak
x3tc

Auto guns question.

Post by arnak » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 19:38

Hi,

Update to my last post.

I have found the advanced turret configuration but all that is in there is :-

4 x attack options, 1 x protect, 2 x missile, 3 x command alpha etc.

In alpha, 8 x attack, 1 x missile, 1 x protect.

So please tell me which one is it that swaps the guns around automatically?

I am flying a Centaur if that makes any difference?

Thanks for any advice,

Arnak

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 19:53

You can click on each command in that menu and configure it at will. One of the selectable options is then the automatic laser switching.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 20:08

kurush wrote:
ConCorDian wrote: auto switching should pick the best weapon for the job... how it defines them i cant comment.
Not sure about "best weapon for the job". It appears to just select a gun based on its range. So, it would go from PPC, to HEPT, then to FLAK and then to IRE when your are getting close to your target. Even if that target is another destroyer :) Sometimes it is useful, but you have to be careful what guns do you have in cargo. Some salvaged guns can really create a mess in the middle of a battle.
Not exactly true. It is more sophisticated than that. For example, when firing on another destroyer that has shields, it will use its ion cannons if it has them, since they do more dps than PPCs against shields. The second the targets shields are down, it will switch to using PPCs, which do more dps against hull than ion cannons.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 20:48

Falcrack wrote:The second the targets shields are down, it will switch to using PPCs, which do more dps against hull than ion cannons.
Whoever wrote that script please stand up :) I haven't noticed any smart behavior such as that and I am too lazy to locate and look into its source code. From what I noticed, it only takes range into an account. IC -> PPC switch can be also explained by getting some additional distance between your ship and the enemy destroyer.

arnak
x3tc

Auto turret.

Post by arnak » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 23:47

Hi,

It's obvious that I need new glasses.... :oops:

I totally missed that command....

Thanks,

Arnak

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”