Cannot seem to Rev engineer hyperion??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rafezetter
x3

Cannot seem to Rev engineer hyperion??

Post by rafezetter » Fri, 20. Apr 12, 05:57

I've googled this and only seen 1 reference to hyperion rev engineer but that was about losing the installed stuff, so hopefully this isn't on here elsewhere, (search engine none existant)

I can't seem to rev engineer the hyperion... or I have and it's not showing - take your pick:

I wanted to rev engineer the hyperion, but didn't want to wait the 3 days for it to do that and more time to build it... so I cheated one in using LV's script and added it to the rev eng queue.... but looked later and it wasn't in the q and the ship was gone (I had disabled the cheat script by then as it was interfering with another).

ok, I thought it might be the HQ doesn't like the cheat version... so I cheated another one in, transferred my Bala Gi hyperion stuff to it and then tried to add the Bala Gi hyperion to the queue, it's not listed.

The ship shows up in property & landed ships & the spray booth section, but it's not listed under the "add to rev engineer queue"..

What have I broken..?

Oh and it's not in "add to production queue" either.

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Fri, 20. Apr 12, 07:39

probably should ask in the mod section for the script you used.

As you used a non-vanilla approach to mod it in and it sounds like broke something, you should ask there for it to be fixed. GL!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 20. Apr 12, 09:40

Once it starts the reverse engineering process, it gets removed from the queue and is destroyed. There should be an entry for the ship that's currently being reversed engineered. Did you check there?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

rafezetter
x3

Post by rafezetter » Fri, 20. Apr 12, 23:29

hi - the only headings my PHB is showing are: goods, selling price setting, add to production, add to rev engineer, add to repair and spray shop..

There's no "remove from rev engineer q" or other heading that has the hyperion listed.

The strange thing is that neither hyperion (Bala gi or cheated in) is listed under add to rev engineer, so..has it already - in which case why is it not listed in the add to production q section? or has it not - listed under add to rev engineer?

Even if it doesn't recognise the cheated version surely the Bala gi one should be listed somewhere?

If you think this should be under the LC cheats script thread then please move.

Ravna

Post by Ravna » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 02:51

Since you already have the 'modified' tag, you could use Cycrow's package and add a blueprint to the HQ.
When in doubt, use brute force.

rafezetter
x3

Post by rafezetter » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 07:24

you mean the BBS system? I've already added the hyperion to the possible blueprint offers, but I have no idea how long it might take, how much spamming I'll have to do until I get offered it..

Is there another way?

David Howland
x3tc

Mods Forum!

Post by David Howland » Sat, 21. Apr 12, 14:09

When living in a world of modd.s and scripts, if you should get lost, best ask for directions where all the expertise resides; the MODDING FORUM!
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”