[X3:AP] Hull Repair Options? [SOLVED]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ravensnowfall
x3tc

[X3:AP] Hull Repair Options? [SOLVED]

Post by ravensnowfall » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 05:47

I just want to check, because it seems a bit crazy, but...

From all Google searches I can find, to repair the hull of a ship, you:
  • Dock at a shipyard and pay for repair.
  • Use a repair laser mounted on an M6/TL.
  • Eject from ship and use the repair laser on the spacesuit
The first thing I tried was to use the laser on my spacesuit, only to find out that it restores 1% of the hull in about 1 minute of real time, and of course you have no SETA in your spacesuit to remedy this, so depending on the damage to your ship, you can be holding down a key on your keyboard for up to an hour and a half? That seems ridiculous for anything more than perhaps 10% hull damage, doesn't it? My ship is at 30% hull, do I need to wedge a coin against the repair laser button and take a nap after each battle?

I then discovered that you can pay for repairs at the shipyard, so I traveled in my damaged ship at a whopping 50km speed across several sectors to get to one, only to find out that they wanted $100,000 credits for 1% of repair. The ship is only worth $10,000,000, meaning that this is equivalent to 1% of buying a brand new ship. I'm not sure that makes logical sense, but it sure as heck doesn't make financial sense!

I haven't figured out how to purchase a repair laser for an M6/TL, and I'm not even sure I own either of those ships right this moment (just started playing X3:AP recently), so I have not been able to see how well this method works, but I'm wondering - is this something I need to do rather than zapping my ship in my spacesuit for hours on end? Is it a faster repair laser?

Is there some other way to repair that doesn't take real world hours or cost as much as purchasing a brand new ship each time yours is damaged?
Last edited by ravensnowfall on Sun, 22. Apr 12, 07:02, edited 1 time in total.
- Raven

Jumee
x3tc

Re: [X3:AP] Hull Repair Options?

Post by Jumee » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 05:53

ravensnowfall wrote: Is there some other way to repair that doesn't take real world hours or cost as much as purchasing a brand new ship each time yours is damaged?
No. You can not install repair lasers on any ship as there is no way of obtaining them (they are not supposed to be installed on anything except for your space suit, the reason they show up as compatible is because they share the same weapon slot with Tractor Beam)

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 06:35

There is another way...........

Put a seta in your spacesuit. Just remember...... You only have about 2 hours of air in your suit. You may need multiple seta action with larger hulls...... :wink:
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

ajmthefalconer
x3tc

Post by ajmthefalconer » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 06:38

There is an alternative that is somewhat of an exploit. You can eject into your space suit and tell your ship to eject its SETA. Then pick up the SETA with your space suit and you can use SETA while repairing your ship. Unfortunately the SETA is destroyed when you reenter your ship but repairing without it is much more painful than moving across sectors with no SETA. And of course you can always make and M5 pick up a new SETA for you.

ravensnowfall
x3tc

Post by ravensnowfall » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 06:43

Okay, I tried this SETA method by ejecting the one in my ship, flying over in my spacesuit to get it, and then was able to activate it on the way back to the ship (it ejected ~2km away).

But I can't fire the laser and the SETA at the same time. Is there a way around that, or something special to do to make that work?
- Raven

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 06:45

Use your key board. Left ctrl and J key.
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

ravensnowfall
x3tc

Post by ravensnowfall » Sun, 22. Apr 12, 07:02

Ah, thank you! I was using left Windows key, which fires lasers. I did not know the Ctrl key did the same thing. The Windows key did not work with SETA, it continually cancelled it. The same happened with the Ctrl key until I pressed and held Ctrl first, then pressed and held j for SETA. If I let go of j, it cancelled SETA, but it stayed running once I held it down.

Still a pain to go pick up the SETA each time you want to repair, but this is a lot better of a plan than doing it without SETA or paying for it (until I'm filthy rich, perhaps :) )
- Raven

slevin0006

Post by slevin0006 » Wed, 29. May 13, 08:41

if u tired of flying 2 km in ur suit to get the SETA when ejected, 1st-eject SETA.2-target it.3-fly by IN ur ship.=just saved you 2-3 min.everytimes :P

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Wed, 29. May 13, 09:15

:skull: Don't wake the dead! :skull:

LazerZ_
x4

Post by LazerZ_ » Fri, 31. Jul 15, 17:59

I just use a script to make the repair laser repair 10 times faster.
There is a script/mod that adds "repair laser" as an obtainable ware though.
Don't ask me where, ask google :P

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 31. Jul 15, 18:18

So a double-necro'd thread and in the wrong forum for 3rd party scripts too. :roll:

Welcome anyway. Have a look at the different forum purposes and a read of the forum rules and it will probably save you a few wasted and locked posts.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”