Am I missing something? - Capping the Aran

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

salawinder
xr

Am I missing something? - Capping the Aran

Post by salawinder » Tue, 24. Apr 12, 23:30

I've never been one for capping, the only time I even did it was one of the missions in TC (or was it Reunion?) Anyway, I have a nice little set up and have decided I want to add an Aran to my collection.

I have 20 marines trained up, all bar one are averaging 4 star. I jumped to an UFJD sector a few times and fairly quickly found my target.

http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o62 ... n00001.jpg

I sidles up, saved, ejected, fired my repair laser until the music started, entered my ship, saved, launched my marines......

and have tried this at least 20 times, but each time they get through the hull, start fighting on Deck 1, then say the hull is critical and eject into space. They ONCE got to Deck 2 before immediately bailing.

SO what am I doing wrong? do I need more marines (I hope not, I had enough trouble finding these good ones!), should I launch them in batches?

Please help!

Lelouch
x3tc

Post by Lelouch » Tue, 24. Apr 12, 23:55

Your Aran is pretty damaged. Repair it before boarding.

~5-10 minutes should be sufficient.

Arans can spawn with something like 5 - 23% hull. You're just unlucky to hit the bottom end.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 00:00

I have only capped an Aran in vanilla once.
That was in AP.
It had almost no hull integrity.
After I launched the marines,I kept firing the Repair laser.

About two attempts later,maybe three, I succeeded with 12% hull.

Thankfully, you can only cap one Aran in AP,if what I read is correct.
Any more you have to build ,after RE'ing the one you cap.

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 00:08

Arans are always found with very little hull left. Anything less than 5* in Engineering will make the marines damage the ship during boarding. As stated, simply repair it some more with repair laser

salawinder
xr

Post by salawinder » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 00:59

Lelouch, you are a star!

I ejected the SETA from my ship, picked it up and repaired for 5 mins at 10x SETA - and they got to Deck 5 before ejecting.....

So I did the same (and saved this time) but for 10 minutes, and the ship is now mine, with 10% hull.

She's on her way to a shipyard to be fixed up, but at 2m/s it may take a while!

Thanks for the advice.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”