XR music into TC

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Vinniversym
x3tc

XR music into TC

Post by Vinniversym » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 08:49

How can I import Music from X3 Reunion Light of Heart Sector to TC's LoH and overall.For some reason they changed/moved one of the most beautiful piece of X.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 08:55

Find the file you want to chnage, rename the new file to the same name and replace.
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

Vinniversym
x3tc

Post by Vinniversym » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 09:07

But XR LoH track is special ,it can not be found it any other sector; Track which in TC LoH plays in more than this sector. And how can i find the one soundtrack for certain sector if there is a folder with bunch of tracks, and i don't know how to identify which one is bonded to which sector.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 09:46

Well your just going to have to listen to them as audio files outside the game until you find the new track and the old track, then rename and replace. its the only way about it other than re-writing the universe map, and yes if you do this that music ill change in all the sectors that use the music you replace.
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 10:17

Does this help?:

[RESOURCE/TUTORIAL] X3:TC Music Library + Changing the soundtrack

There is a link in the first post for the X3:Reunion music tracks. Also, the second post in the thread gives detailed instructions for changing the tracks.

As you probably know, the music tracks are .mp3 format, even if they are not named that way.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 11:57

I think you mean Home of Light (Terracorp home sector)? That had a special track in XR, Light of Heart was generic.

The XR Home of Light music is still there in with the other sector music files. I've made this change myself in the XRM.

In order to use it only in HoL you will need to edit the universe map and restart your game (not sure, but you can probably change the music via the mission director too - although I've no idea what the code is).

You need to set the sector music to 8104. You will only hear the change in a new game (unless you manage to work out the MD code).

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 12:14

Assuming paulwheeler has identified the correct sector and soundtrack...:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="director.xsl" type="text/xsl" ?>
<director name="HoL Sector Music" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="director.xsd">
  <cues>
    <cue name="HoLMusic">
      <condition>
        <check_value value="{player.age}" min="10s"/>
      </condition>
      <action>
        <alter_sector x="1" y="4" music="8104"/>
      </action>
    </cue>
  </cues>
</director>
Saved as something.xml in the director folder will change the sector music for Home of Light.

If it's the wrong sector you can change the X/Y coordinates as required, as can the music track if it's the wrong one.

Vinniversym
x3tc

Post by Vinniversym » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 17:59

What a shame, I actually meant Cloudbase South West music from X3R - (Peace 5). But anyway thanks I got the formula.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”