[AP] Plasma Beam Cannon

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Spikeles
x4

[AP] Plasma Beam Cannon

Post by Spikeles » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 14:02

Just had one of these drop from a Terran Laser Tower during an unmodified AP game.

Now I got a reason to buy an Astraeus Hauler! :)

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 14:50

Build your own lasertowers, cap a Carrack, drop and kill your own lasertowers within 10 minutes of deployment, kill Q and J without problem.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 14:58

Allan F wrote:Build your own lasertowers, cap a Carrack, drop and kill your own lasertowers within 10 minutes of deployment, kill Q and J without problem.
Only Carrack can fully utilize the power of PBC.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 15:22

Allan F wrote:Build your own lasertowers, cap a Carrack, drop and kill your own lasertowers within 10 minutes of deployment, kill Q and J without problem.
Repeat until you own hundreds of PBC's in a Sturgeon, and then sell for a nine-figure digit. Alternatively, you can get a whole wing of Carracks and raid a Xenon Sector, and aim for total domination! That's why Carracks are argueably the best M7 to have remotely controlled (As a playership I have an Agamemnon) :wink:

I was just reading up about the Astraeus as well, and that looks like a damn good ship too with the PBC's, speed, Hangar and shielding, and could be a good support ship in a skirmish, but to really get the most out of PBC's get Carracks: They can hold four right and left, while the Astraeus, Cerberus, Ryu (And probably a few other) Can only hold two right and left.

DHSkully
x3tc

Post by DHSkully » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 15:49

OR!! Use the frieght drone to collect ware, select Lazor tower and then PBC. It delivers you the PBC and if you want to break the game, like it has for me
Spoiler
Show
Put - Yes minus - infront of the number to return back to ship ie: -100 and you get 100 returned. Thats the 7 PHQ thread that was on here for the last few weeks

Sabrina Bergin
xr

pbc

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 27. Apr 12, 08:50

how do you get the lasertowers to drop them

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Re: pbc

Post by Lone Jedi » Fri, 27. Apr 12, 08:58

shaun bergin wrote:how do you get the lasertowers to drop them
Buy or build a station to produce.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

devilsad
x3tc

Post by devilsad » Fri, 27. Apr 12, 10:20

I just spent a day trying to capture a Carrack via spacewalk to fit my 8 shiny PBCs on. Yes, it's hard, especially when it has 20 CIGs firing at you, you don't have IDs and it's filled with enemy marines as well. Out of 19 marines launched I was left with 8, and a couple of good marines among the 12 that were dumped out of the Carrack.

Finally once I had it, I took it for a spin in a Xenon sector. Let me say I was totally underwhelmed - a couple of Qs ganged up on it and took it out (it had 2x1GJ shields as well as a full array of CIGs and PBCs), it even struggled sometimes to hit the Ls. The turrets do both fire forward at the same time if you dip the nose and have a sufficiently wide target, but even then it seemed to be lacking enough punch. I'll have to try it again later but it's not comparing very well to the Corvette with 9 beta Kyons or the Shrike I have with just 2 IBLs up front.

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Fri, 27. Apr 12, 13:54

I've got 35 carracks, boarded with a Kraken. Zero casualties.

Remember to keep a healty distance. If 2 Q's gang up on you, just pass between them, strafing up and down.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”