Where to find Paranid Hyperion Vanguard??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

shea
x4

Where to find Paranid Hyperion Vanguard??

Post by shea » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 15:46

Hi all,guys i am trying to find a Paranid Hyperion Vanguard to cap but i have been searching for ages in all the sectors of the paranid and have even droped advanced satalites in most of the sectors but still i havent came across one yet,does anyone have any advice on how to get one?thanks all
Life is a waste of time,time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/shea1980

highflier
x4

Post by highflier » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 15:50

i have lots of them around cardinals domain and i tend to claim them in friars retreat. they sometimes wander a bit off the normal tradelines... perfect moment to cap them but you wont see them on improper set sats...

fly around that sectors and you will find one eventually. i also seen them in emperors ridge
trouble with boarding? try this!

David Howland
x3tc

Hyperion?

Post by David Howland » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 16:30

Hi shea,
Please clarify on your next post which game this is, if you are playing AP ignore what I am saying. As highflier stated, the favourite hunting grounds are around Cardinals Domain. One usually sees it near Paranid core sectors and it has been said there are two in flight in Paranid sectors at any time. I have certainly seen two of them in a sector at the same time. In addition to adv. sat.s in all Paranid sectors I would be tempted to have a scout ship in each sector near Cardinals Domain, mapping the sectors. Keep checking round them and if seen set your scout to follow or protect.
I always use M7M and pods but it can be done with M6 or TM without pods, as ever with boarding keep saving game and if things go wrong, replay!
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 17:07

There are always 2 running around Paranid space. What I did to find them is to have adv sat around junction systems (Paranid Prime, Emp Edge, Emp Ridge, Trinity Sanctum, Card Domain, Friar Retreat and Pontifex Seclusion.
You will spot one in no time.

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 19:17

The only thing you can do really is to drop satellites everywhere and just wait and watch. If you can, try and find a civilian version. It's a hell of a lot slower than the military ones and easier to board.

highflier
x4

Post by highflier » Wed, 25. Apr 12, 22:59

jkjklkl wrote:The only thing you can do really is to drop satellites everywhere and just wait and watch. If you can, try and find a civilian version. It's a hell of a lot slower than the military ones and easier to board.
slower? that max speed is exactly the same?

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Thu, 26. Apr 12, 02:19

The max speed is the same, yes, because that depends on the ship. However, that specific ship could only go 101 m/s while military ones push 150 m/s

highflier
x4

Post by highflier » Thu, 26. Apr 12, 11:32

oh ok... got that wrong. altough i havent seen such a civilian version yet...

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 26. Apr 12, 16:42

Yes, Civilian versions rarely have max tunings. Not entirely sure why, but there you go. I don't remember seeing a civilian version in TC though.

There are usually two HPV's running around in Paranid Space. Usually one in the 'Home' sectors near PP, and the second in the southern sectors, usually a long patrol between Perdition's End and Heaven's Assertion.

I usually hit them as they cross Desecrated Skies. Nice big sector, lots of room to work.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

beckett_p
x3tc

Post by beckett_p » Thu, 26. Apr 12, 16:54

in my AP game I saw an HV camping the south gate of Ocracrokes storm. Not sure what it was doing but it stayed there for a while killed a few Ryu's and then sloped back off through Savage Spur.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”