[TC] This is a large self sustaining Weapon Plex in Ore Belt

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sleepy_head
x3tc

[TC] This is a large self sustaining Weapon Plex in Ore Belt

Post by sleepy_head » Thu, 26. Apr 12, 19:40

This is a self sustaining complex that produces all Commonwealth weapons (8 of each) plus their associated ammunition fabs. It is located in Ore Belt.

Game : X3TC v3.2 unmodified
Complex station count : 405

View from above : Enlarge
[ external image ]

View from side : Enlarge
[ external image ]

Map View from above : Enlarge
[ external image ]

Map View, frontal : Enlarge
[ external image ]

End Products : Enlarge (For some reason CA's Administrative Report likes to list small numbers as zeroes.)
[ external image ]

Intermediate Products : Enlarge
[ external image ]

Complex Details : http://tinyurl.com/ct653vg

Here is a link to my missile plex done a while back : http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=280640
Last edited by sleepy_head on Thu, 26. Apr 12, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Thu, 26. Apr 12, 19:44

And you can enter this sector?
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Thu, 26. Apr 12, 19:58

I don't know what you're going to do with all the IREs, FBLs, MDSs, and TBs you'll accumulate, but I commend you on having the patience to tow nearly every rock in the sector into a neat cube

Fattyfat

Post by Fattyfat » Thu, 26. Apr 12, 20:05

Well done! I'd never make something this big because of the lag, but that monstrosity looks great.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 26. Apr 12, 20:09

I appreciate how much you put into this,considering I daisy-chained a large complex there,in my tutorial game.
:)
Last edited by TTD on Thu, 26. Apr 12, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Thu, 26. Apr 12, 21:03

Wow! This definitely deserves to be a pic of the week!

My complex on the other hand look like something out of Alien. :D I just put stations as closely together as I can to save space, don't have the patience to do something like this.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Thu, 26. Apr 12, 21:49

I couldn't get into any serious complex building in TC because of the huge amount of time required. I think it can take about 8 hours to build this thing, may be even more. Now, with AP we got a new script that can do it for us and things are much nicer now.

JackKiller2266

Post by JackKiller2266 » Thu, 26. Apr 12, 22:07

how much did this cost and how much are u making?

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Fri, 27. Apr 12, 12:14

InFlamesForEver wrote:And you can enter this sector?
heh Enter? Yes. But even with my new uber computer using a crazy powerful gfx card it still lags pretty badly even when facing away from the structure. So yeah I can enter it, but fighting in Ore Belt is now completely out of the question. Thank god I finished the Plutarch grind.
kurush wrote:I couldn't get into any serious complex building in TC because of the huge amount of time required. I think it can take about 8 hours to build this thing, may be even more.
hey kurush! I know what you mean, and this complex actually took me a lot longer than 8 hours, but yeah don't get me started on this interface-from-hell.
JackKiller2266 wrote:how much did this cost and how much are u making?
The complex itself costs approximately 2.1 billion credits, if you want the exact number you can click on the link next to "Complex Details" in my first post for the breakdowns. As to how much I'm making, well, to date I've made exactly zero credit. Thats because I made this complex for personal stockpiling and haven't traded with the npcs. Some weapons like IRE, PAC, even Mobiling Drilling Systems will sell easily, some would not unless the prices are set significiantly lower than average-1. I guess if I really want to, which I do not at this time, I can sell things by stuffing a Mistral SF full of the weapons and just sell the whole ship back to the shipyard for half a gazillion.

Oriestes

Post by Oriestes » Fri, 27. Apr 12, 13:21

Holy hell man. :o

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Fri, 27. Apr 12, 13:56

Was it worth the effort?

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Sat, 28. Apr 12, 13:23

Baddieus wrote:Was it worth the effort?
I guess the answer depends on the objective I've set out for this so a bit of explanation is in order. Ever since I started the game a voice in the back of my head had always wanted to build a gigantic complex in Savage Spur. I stopped playing the game a couple years ago due to the lag and the numerous flaws in it. A few months ago I got a new computer and I loaded it up and wanted to see how x3 does with a faster rig and also to check to see what they have fixed in the recent patches. I guess this complex in ore belt was a test to see what, if anything much, has changed in the last couple years. So in this regard the effort was 'worth it' because I now have the answer to my questions.

David Howland
x3tc

Worth It?

Post by David Howland » Sat, 28. Apr 12, 14:13

Yep, it is amazing how one gets used to having a huge weapons and Eq. plex in Ore Belt, taking it for granted. I got so used to the convenience of having it next door to Teracorp HQ, that when I started buying Terran Ships and having to scrat about trying to equip them, it was like having to learn to play the game again!
Also some have commented on the line in my signature complementing ES on upping memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb, stating they noticed no difference? I however had such shocking lag in Ore Belt it used to take at least an hour to get from the nearest gate to my complex. After the memory usage upgrade, it has never taken me longer than 5 minutes. I suspect the players not noticing it, must have had really fast CPUs?
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

Gosnell
x4

Post by Gosnell » Sat, 28. Apr 12, 15:56

This is one of the reasons I love the X series.There is no limits placed on your expansion.You want 10000 destroyers you can.You want to produce more drugs than mexico you can.

The only trouble is Egosofts imagination for the end game was limited.

Bloody good job old boy.

sleepy_head
x3tc

Post by sleepy_head » Sun, 29. Apr 12, 20:56

@David : I've looked into it and I can confirm that X3 in my 64bit Win7 system is using more than just 2g of ram. A look at the memory usage shows that when in Ore Belt with this complex the game uses about 3gigs of RAM. I have 8 so RAM isn't an issue. So I think its pretty much that there are just way too many stations in that sector connected by the tubes. I'm sure using the tubeless mod will reduce some of the lag, but as I've said to another poster I basically built this to see how many or few issues Egosoft had fixed these past couple years. As far as I know, x3 can't take advantage of multi-core cpu's (correct me if I'm wrong on this) so all those extra procs aren't being fully utilized by the game, but of course the OS and other apps can use them so it is still better than singles.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”