[AP] Stock Exchange Unlocking & the Poisoned Paranid Hyperion

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Natjur
x3ap

[AP] Stock Exchange Unlocking & the Poisoned Paranid Hyperion

Post by Natjur » Thu, 26. Apr 12, 23:16

Hi Guys,

About to give a Poisoned Paranid start a go in AP as I want that over clocked Hyperion. I thought I would just get the cash via the stock exchange like a did with the Tormented Teladi start as cash is a lot easer to get in AP. But I am not sure how to unlock some of the stock exchanges.

Can anyone confirm the following

Teladi Stock exchange access, just dock and pay 10k

Argon's Stock exchange access have a station in their area with at least some stock on it (so its is producing)

Boron Stock exchange access have a station in their area with at least some stock on it (so its is producing)

Yak Stock exchange access, have 14 weed on your ship, dock, 4 will be taken.

Paranid Stock exchange access, it says just be Paranid Friend of Priest rank, but have not got to work for me

Split stock exchange access, no idea, would love to know :)

I also heard its very hard to get the 250m/s Hyperion. I found a X3 TC save game file (5hrs game play, with a 250m/s Hyperion) but not a AP save game file. Anyone got one unmodified (saves be some reloads)
Last edited by Natjur on Mon, 30. Apr 12, 00:52, edited 1 time in total.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Fri, 27. Apr 12, 00:27

For the Spilt exchange, you have to have a certain minimum combat rank. I forget exactly what it is, though.

I'm pretty sure you've got the Boron unlock condition wrong, but I can't remember what it is off the top of my head. Trade rank, maybe?

Paranid does unlock with a race rank, I think -- it's just that the wrong one is listed in the station info. Friend of Priest King, maybe?

Terran unlocks with a station, similar to the Argon.

It's been a few months since I did Poisoned Paranid, but after about two hours of reloading and saving the good ones while watching a movie (I didn't keep track of the number of reloads), the best I had was 236. If you really want 250 before tuning crates, expect it to take quite a while.

Tohron
x3tc

Post by Tohron » Fri, 27. Apr 12, 00:34

Vim Razz wrote:I'm pretty sure you've got the Boron unlock condition wrong, but I can't remember what it is off the top of my head. Trade rank, maybe?
Yeah, you have to have rank Trader.

In terms of which stock exchange to use, Naturals trading in Grand Exchange has been a good place to start. The PTNI exchange will still make you money, just not as fast.
Last edited by Tohron on Fri, 27. Apr 12, 05:58, edited 1 time in total.

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Sat, 28. Apr 12, 10:58

Here's what I did for my PP start.

High tail it (as quick as that demeter will high tail anyway) up to the warzone sectors (omicron lyrae and surrounding areas) and collect missiles til you have a few 100k cash.

yes, boring as all heck, especially when you have to go the long way around (through boron space to the east, than up through teladi space through grand exchange, than off to the west/northwest to Omicron Lyrae. But once you make it, those missiles will make easy cash.

Sell the missiles to argon shipyard/equp dock in Omi Ly til you have upwards of 500k, than go to PTNI, pay the 10k, and work out of that 1 only. This is the Stock Exchange I've had the most luck with. make a lil cash while you run trade missions through Teladi space for rep and cash to buy a cheap m5 in PTNI. than leave that ship there (so you have remote access) and head back to the Warzone sectors til you can buy a new, better ship, all the while making millions from your Stock exchange venture.

Depending on your goals int he game, try to avoid pissing off the terrans and ATF until after you've unlocked the main plot. Than just start it off, and if you're wanting to keep friendly w/ all races, work for terrans and get ur rep bumped up. etc etc etc, can give a million ideas of what to do, but it's your game, so finding out and deciding is 90% of the fun :D

Natjur
x3ap

Post by Natjur » Sun, 29. Apr 12, 23:27

Well, I got my 25million in just 4hr using just the stock exchange (zero shots fired). I rerolled the hand in a few times until I got a 223 speed ship, and that will do for me. (not going to spend hours trying to get 250)

Started in Heaven's Assertion, fly to Patriarch's Conclusion, buy energy and trade it x2 to get some Split faction. Dock a the ship yard but eject just before hand so I can sell my starting ship for one million and buy a Split Jaguar Raider (M5) and max speed it. (you end up with 900k to spend on the stock exchange) Fly to Grand Exchange and use the stock exchange to make 25 million in 3hrs (make sure you stop at Faded Dreams on the way and buy 1 missile to get Boron faction so you can hand in the quest)

I then used the script to find where all the Engine tunings are, then reloaded and went hunting for them.

My ship now has max speed of 377 and still one more Engine tuning 4 to pick up. Now I can start start my empire :) (total game time so far 8hrs)

I heard, once you get the unfocused jump drive, you can find more engine tuning in those sectors. This true? Does this mean (if you have the time) you can get unlimited engine tuning?

So what is limited by the start of the game? Just the status of the Khaak Corvette (M6)? I picked it up but it only had 10 Beta Kyon Emitter guns (not 15)

Is there no way to get more of the guns? Never had a HQ, so not sure what reverse engineering gives you.

One last newbie question, how/where do I upload my stats, I exported the file, but can't find any 'upload' on the boards.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”