Extend Comm Range Beyond 25km without Mods

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sylthos
x3tc

Extend Comm Range Beyond 25km without Mods

Post by Sylthos » Sat, 28. Apr 12, 06:20

I've moved this from another thread for ease of viewing.

I've discovered back in February that you can comm ships and stations beyond 25km if you have a remote pilot capable ship within the 25km limit.

How to:

1. Engage Remote Pilot by click one of your compatible ships, opening one of you monitors (I prefer the left one, so the talking heads don't obscure your view like they do on the right monitor), ensure that ship currently has no orders, and click its name. The name at the top of the monitor will turn yellow and you will be remotely piloting it.

2. Get that ship within 25km of the target and target the target by pressing "T". (Pressing F3 will give you a better view as the monitors won't render as much of the sector as the main screen will. Simply place the camera behind the ship.)

3. Click the target's name which will be on the bottom of the monitor. It will give you a menu just like it would if you did it from within the player ship.

4. Click Comm. You are now speaking with your target.

This was for TC but I don't believe it has changed at all for AP.

Original thread here

-EDIT
Just double checked, it does work for AP.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 28. Apr 12, 08:53

Not being into combat,I did not even look at that thread before.

I wonder how many other little gems I've missed :?

Cheers for the heads-ups. :D

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sat, 28. Apr 12, 10:19

There are several clever uses for mini-monitors; I get the feeling many pilots haven't played with them much to find out what you can do. With the way Rebirth is being structured, I hope both Egosoft and pilots will pay more attention to this area.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 28. Apr 12, 11:04

This is a good one, thanks for sharing! I thought it was mentioned somewhere that you can comm via one of your ships. Now we know how :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”