omicron lyrae help !!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ikramus
x2

omicron lyrae help !!!

Post by ikramus » Sun, 7. Mar 04, 14:13

hey all , i blasted my way through all the levels to omicron lyrae where i cannot get past , i have tried split dragon , paranid nemisis , split mamba , argon nova , they all get destroyed or the time elapses and the khaak super ship explodes and we all go . any help or mods or even cheats; anything !!! . i have been stuck here for nearly 3 weeks trying all different ways . a mod would be good , or even a script i am desperate to complete even if it is by cheating or modding or even scripting
:? :? :x :x

Hiroshima

Re: omicron lyrae help !!!

Post by Hiroshima » Sun, 7. Mar 04, 15:15

ikramus wrote:hey all , i blasted my way through all the levels to omicron lyrae where i cannot get past , i have tried split dragon , paranid nemisis , split mamba , argon nova , they all get destroyed or the time elapses and the khaak super ship explodes and we all go . any help or mods or even cheats; anything !!! . i have been stuck here for nearly 3 weeks trying all different ways . a mod would be good , or even a script i am desperate to complete even if it is by cheating or modding or even scripting
:? :? :x :x

I used a Nova and just rammed into the point i was supposed to be then with 40% hull left the cut scene took over :)

RustiSwordz
x2

Post by RustiSwordz » Sun, 7. Mar 04, 15:25

what are you meant to do?

Shoot the node or just fly over it dodging the super structure and lasers?
RustiSwordz Art Blog:

http://rustiswordz.blogspot.com/

Hiroshima

Post by Hiroshima » Sun, 7. Mar 04, 15:55

RustiSwordz wrote:what are you meant to do?

Shoot the node or just fly over it dodging the super structure and lasers?
I thought u had to get into position : /

RustiSwordz
x2

Post by RustiSwordz » Sun, 7. Mar 04, 16:08

Great. lag is so bad on my puter that this part of the mission is almost unplayable.

Anyway shouldnt this thread be on the main forum?
RustiSwordz Art Blog:

http://rustiswordz.blogspot.com/

dan reid
x2

Post by dan reid » Sun, 7. Mar 04, 22:09

I just fly to a spot between the lasers and then came to 300m at low speed as the location came into view fly into it....doesn't have to be very accurate, then you jump to the video...

MDA
x2

Post by MDA » Mon, 8. Mar 04, 02:17

Spoiler
Show
I flew in in an M6 to fight, and had to use the attached M5 to dock with the alien ship. The M6 kept getting ground up in the gears as it rotated.
I went back to piloting the M6 to destroy the little structures on the alien ship, then went back to the M5 again to finish.
Then Finster attacked me in a Serpioid fighter.

KnightLight
x2

Post by KnightLight » Mon, 8. Mar 04, 04:07

I tried to do that, but my Centaur kept getting blown up while I docked in the m5. So then I just reloaded from a pre-M6 savegame and did the mission in my Nova. It's tough, but possible to beat, and I had no hull damage afterward.

I did lose a Best Buy Indicator, a Cargo Bay Extension, and an Engine Tuning though.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 8. Mar 04, 09:05

KnightLight wrote:I tried to do that, but my Centaur kept getting blown up while I docked in the m5.
That never happened to me--you didn't let the ship wander into one of the lasers being fired by the M2s, did you? It's probably best to leave the ship set on no orders rather than "Attack all enemies" and let its turrets protect it.

PhilPic
x2

Post by PhilPic » Mon, 8. Mar 04, 09:13

I did the same thing MDA did in his spoiler, except I used a Dragon / Pegasus combo instead, worked fine. Came out of it with only a broken best buy locator.

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Mon, 8. Mar 04, 10:27

I parked a Titan beside it, unloaded all novas. had them defend me and slowely edged into position, this is hard to do in itself, you have to try and land the ship (simulate landing as you can't actually land) on the navigation target beacon, its a blue square that moves around, What could be confusing for some is that once you land on it or be extremely close to it you also need bret and that girl in position as well. Also when you hit it, stop engines, if everyone is in position you will get the cutscene. Hardest part of the game for me and you get to do it twice.
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

haines
x3tc

Post by haines » Mon, 8. Mar 04, 18:27

Yup, I ran into the same problem with massive lag. :?
It was SO bad I couldn't get into position. The screen would drop 10-40 FPS, and even would be times that I had to wait a full second before the screen would move.

I found my problem was that I parked my destroyer between the big laser and one of the supporting ships. Now while the destroyer blocked that charging laser, it also was constantly firing everything it had at the laser and support ships...which can't be destroyed. Once I moved the destroyer about 5K away from them, and told it to stay put, it was playable again.
Spoiler
Show
Just fly up to it and get within 10m (I think) of the nav point and it will trigger the event.
Also, I would not have any ships set to 'Protect me'. You're flying in a rather small area, and don't really want one of your costly ships hitting another ship, or that charging laser.
B

Skeletal
x3tc

Post by Skeletal » Mon, 8. Mar 04, 19:14

It is quite hard, but I did it with just a Nova, maxxed out, but I did not know you could program the turrets to help with missiles etc...I've only just discovered that!!

No damage to ship.

Cleaned up the sector; no bonus (as has been mentioned on other threads).

Just down to my great skill I suppose... :lol:

Skeletal

Rex666
x2

Post by Rex666 » Sun, 4. Mar 07, 16:48

I just cannot complete the second stage of Omicron Lyrea in the story line.I have taken out the target node of the Khak mother ship and the story fails to cut in.Time and again I get shot down or the planet blows up.This after I have carried out the mission.Has anyone any ideas?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 4. Mar 07, 17:44

Normally we don't like people resurrecting threads three years old, but since you're asking a relevant question for an older game, I suppose we can let this one by. Normally you should just post a new thread asking your question if you can't find anything relevant, though.

Anyway, when you say the target node, what do you mean? There's six of them, if memory serves, so if you've only destroyed one it might explain why the story isn't kicking in!

Rex666
x2

Post by Rex666 » Mon, 5. Mar 07, 21:22

Thanks for the reply.There are eight nodes in total but the instructions from Ban Dana are to destroy one targeted node.That is difficult enough!!On one of my saved games out of many dozens of attempts I did destroy five,to do all eight is inhuman.Are you sure you have to do all eight,I'll end up having a stroke.

Rex666
x2

Post by Rex666 » Tue, 6. Mar 07, 00:17

Further to my last reply just like to say thanks and I've cracked it now,all eight nodes disabled and am able to continue with the game.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 6. Mar 07, 00:47

Rex666 wrote:Further to my last reply just like to say thanks and I've cracked it now,all eight nodes disabled and am able to continue with the game.
So you must be 'inhuman'. What race are you? :P :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”