Poll: X3TC. THE HUB MISSION How Long Did You Take to Complete It?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

X3TC THE HUB MISSION How Long Did You Take to Complete It?

3 days or less
8%
Between 4 days and 1 week
6%
Between 1 week and 2 weeks
11%
Between 2 weeks and 3 weeks
11%
Between 3 weeks and 4 weeks
2%
1 month or more
21%
"groan" .. I am still doing it
24%
I started but abandoned the mission
6%
I have never tried to start the mission
11%

Total votes: 84

ThommoHawk
x4

Poll: X3TC. THE HUB MISSION How Long Did You Take to Complete It?

Post by ThommoHawk » Wed, 2. May 12, 12:10

So how about it, how long did it take you?

It took me about a month and a half. I used the Hub mission as a goal to make couple of Utra-Complex Hubs, and because of this it probably took me a bit more time than necessary. And there are other ways to achieve it I know. but I am sort of sceptical (apologies in advance) when I hear about someone who heard somewhere that someone else said it can be done in 3 days. If you did do it in 3 days or less then please share how, I'd love to hear it.

Vanilla X3TC.
No help with clever script/bending rules nontypical nonsense.
No help with any sort of in game expoits etc ...

SETA is fiine of course..

yea and if this poll has already happened before then point me to it and I will delete this one....

And the times in the poll are as: 1 day = 24 hours of actual real time.

So that's about it.

"There is forever. And then there is the HUB ... "
(quoting someone here but not sure who)
Last edited by ThommoHawk on Fri, 4. May 12, 08:28, edited 1 time in total.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Wed, 2. May 12, 13:01

I did it twice. First time was about 2 months probably. Second time I planned in advance and by the time the plot was triggered I had already collected a lot of the requierents, so it took me about 2 weeks.

Ebonyfly
x3tc

Post by Ebonyfly » Wed, 2. May 12, 13:16

The fastest i've completed the HUB is just under 6 days from a standing Poisoned Paranid start. I didn't use any cheat scripts or Nvidium mining but almost all my efforts were geared towards completing the HUB as quickly and efficiently as possible. I also had an overtuned Hyperion (230 m/s) which is slightly exploity and helps a lot with grinding missions which is how I raised most of my cash.

The only person i've seen claiming to complete in less than 3 days was talking about from the time they accepted the mission and they already had 75% of the Microchips in storage. Well, on that basis you could theoretically complete in a couple of hours by delaying accepting the mission until you had all the resources lined up. I shudder to think how many ships you would need to store the Ore and Silicon to pull that off!

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Wed, 2. May 12, 15:16

Ebonyfly wrote: I shudder to think how many ships you would need to store the Ore and Silicon to pull that off!
just for the silicon its 120 mammoths i stopped looking into it after that

my best time was 2 and a half weeks but that time i was stockpiling chips from day 2 and i had a crystal complex with 200 crystal fabs and it was supplied by over 100 mobile miners for the silicon
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Chromehound
x3ap

Post by Chromehound » Wed, 2. May 12, 16:17

Barely even heard of it, I'm scared now :lol:

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Wed, 2. May 12, 17:02

Chromehound wrote:Barely even heard of it, I'm scared now :lol:
trust us when we say your not scared yet but you will be
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 2. May 12, 17:05

Don't forget that the requirements have changed a fair bit since the original (some of them were a lot higher).

Alacard1
x4

Post by Alacard1 » Wed, 2. May 12, 17:11

cattafett wrote:
Ebonyfly wrote: I shudder to think how many ships you would need to store the Ore and Silicon to pull that off!
just for the silicon its 120 mammoths i stopped looking into it after that

my best time was 2 and a half weeks but that time i was stockpiling chips from day 2 and i had a crystal complex with 200 crystal fabs and it was supplied by over 100 mobile miners for the silicon
I believe it was 267 trips with a Mammoth using 55,000 of cargo bay space perfectly (aka, no wasted space).

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Wed, 2. May 12, 17:26

maybe my maths was wrong :?

400,000 (amount needed) times 18 (volume of silicon) divided by 60,000 (space in a mammoth)

sndle9
x4

Post by sndle9 » Wed, 2. May 12, 18:56

I did it in about 3.5 days from starting a new game but I used Nividium mining for the start-up capital and Complex Cleaner to stop the complexes I built killing my computer so I guess that counts me out :(

Can't vote anyway because I'm between the first two options.

Edit: Just noticed you said real days. My 3.5 days were in-game days, probably took a couple of weeks of real-life time.
Last edited by sndle9 on Wed, 2. May 12, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Wed, 2. May 12, 18:59

I'm not gonna lie... I cheated through it. :P All it was was supplying things to the HUB... pretty boring if you ask me :oops: So I voted over a month as it would have taken me that long if I didn't.

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Wed, 2. May 12, 19:50

I built a microchip plex and mobile mined for ore. Then I decided that setting it all up was too tedious for me and just assigned 5 CAGs to the Hub with prices set to max.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 2. May 12, 20:01

A couple of months grind first time. Shameless cloning trick in less than a day the second time :)

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Wed, 2. May 12, 20:03

I never finished it in TC, because, well it was hard work, and I wanted to start an XRM game. Then AP came along, so I did it in that instead.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Wed, 2. May 12, 20:11

depends when your refering to.... is this first time you attempted it or the last time?
find me on Steam
check out Roguey's Wiki - still under development

windscar232
x3ap

Post by windscar232 » Thu, 3. May 12, 03:32

Carlo the Curious wrote:Don't forget that the requirements have changed a fair bit since the original (some of them were a lot higher).
I thought the requirments have been raised since the first x3. I thought it took me a couple of months, I didn't play x3 the whole time. Then after that I tried it again, and well I think I lack the patience...

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Thu, 3. May 12, 04:45

^ well, i was quite releived when that patch came out which reduced some of the requirements for it - as I had not started the Hub mission at that point, and thought: 'Yippee', but it still took ages just the same... I feel real sorry for the pilots who worked through the original. There should be a seperate medal just for them imo :) "I am an original Hub Mission Survivor".
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

foxxbl
x4

Post by foxxbl » Thu, 3. May 12, 07:47

I have just finished it in X3TC (with latest patch), I needed around 2 months of playing.

Microchips took almost half that time because I didn't prepared the microchip complex in time; comparing to that time crystals and silicon wafers were easy to collect (existing complexes, CAGs).

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 4. May 12, 06:28

It took me a couple of weeks, IIRC, and I put very little effort into the Hub itself.

Mostly, I earned credits by doing other things; set maximum pricing at the Hub, and let the NPC's do the boring work. I figured that I could afford to be patient if I was doing something fun.

The only thing I had to supply was Teladianium, which I did with a couple of CLS2 freighters flying between the NPC foundries and the Hub.

The only "trick" was that my game computer ran 24x7. No SETA; I just left it running while I did other things. I had a large Fuel/Weed complex and about 25 UT's earning credits while I slept. When I played the game, I boarded ships and did Nividium mining in Undefined Space with a wing of Falcon Haulers collecting rocks behind my frigate. (I prefer frigate over TL for mining due to stronger shields and main guns for breaking up chunks.)

It was fairly painless that way.

Zloth
x3tc

Post by Zloth » Sat, 5. May 12, 03:43

Not done yet but I can easily pick my option. I've taken my original 'vanilla' game out of storage and now I'm trying to finish the HUB.

(Two of my biggest complexes have only small-sized Crystal Fabs, which should give folks an idea about how old this play-through is.)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”