[MOD] Improved Capital Ship Hangars (vanilla safe)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

cattafett
x3tc

[MOD] Improved Capital Ship Hangars (vanilla safe)

Post by cattafett » Fri, 4. May 12, 05:35

basically what this mod does is add two external TS/TP docks to all M1,TL and M7(that are capable of docking ships) class ships

place the Cat/Dat files in the TC game folder as a fake patch
you should be able to play an existing save game by saving in an empty sector adding the Cat/Dat and then loading your game

download here
and as requested a version that adds some M6 docking to military ships as well
download here

should work for AP aswell but you may need to rename the Griffon scene file as i remember AP changes something and i can't check as i don't have AP instaled at the moment

props go to Coffee-Man for the original idea :pirat:
plus thanks to all the people on the forum who were happy and/or willing to answer my stupid questions you know who you are
I'd also like to thank my mum for having the good sense to give birth to me and my uncle for giving me his old computers without which i'd still be playing Elite on the Amiga (which he also gave me)
good night and may the pasta one bless you
Last edited by cattafett on Thu, 28. Feb 13, 12:55, edited 3 times in total.
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 4. May 12, 22:21

Wow! This is a nice one. Is it something that can be done with M1 and M2 ships as well? My megalodoon could use a TS docking port for missiles. I thought this should be possible for at least the atmo lifter, considering that it shows as a valid docking target. Not it looks like all of them can have it. Sweet :)
I wonder if it is also possible to give all ships an aran style docking port and then dock them into one huge blob somewhere in a big sector :)

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Fri, 4. May 12, 23:31

all this is is adding two lines to the models scene file giving the two TS/TP docks
and as it only changes the model it can only be done to ships that can already dock ships and stay vanilla hence the M1,TL and M7(that are capable of docking ships
My megalodoon could use a TS docking port for missiles
at the moment i'm unable to edit the new AP ships as i have not been able to extract the scene files and edit them with notepad, plus i don't have AP installed
I wonder if it is also possible to give all ship an aran style docking port
if you mean the internal Aran docking then sort of yes but the only other ship in TC it fits on is the #deca other wise it looks stupid ,those docks are large and stick out of most models (i can't make models only add some things to them)
if you mean the cap ship docking then yes its easy to do but a bit unbalanced

i've been asked to add M6 docking and will be uploading that in the next few days and maybe one with the docking clamps on the Valhalla that allows TS/TP/TM/M6/M8(i think) docking but i'm not sure how safe that will be on thin ships when leaving stations or coming through vanilla gates
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 5. May 12, 03:36

kurush wrote:Is it something that can be done with ... M2 ships as well?
Sure. The mod already does M1's. For M2's, it is the same process, but you also have to change the number of Docking Bays in TShips.

Coincidentally, I recently posted a tutorial, with video, of How to add Docking Bays to Any Ship. The example used for internal docking bays is a Tyr, but you can easily adjust it for a Megalodon.

After discussing with cattafett, I updated the tutorial to include External Docks. The tutorial is based on a Megalodon, so it is just copy and paste for you.

Video Tutorial: Add External Docks to a Ship for M6, TS, and More (YouTube)

@cattafett: Nice job. I know that was a lot of work; editing and testing all of those scenes. Thanks.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Sat, 5. May 12, 13:35, edited 2 times in total.

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Sat, 5. May 12, 04:09

while it was a fare bit of work its all part of my master plan of having to
never be too far away from my griffin
now on to part 2 of the master plan and add cap ship docks to all stations

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 5. May 12, 12:12

How is this Vanilla Safe!? :O
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Sat, 5. May 12, 13:08

EmperorJon wrote:How is this Vanilla Safe!? :O
like the two mods in my sig this only changes the ship models
and as they(the models) arn't signed no moddified tag
unless i've messed up some how
but i don't think i have

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Mon, 7. May 12, 21:04

as requested a M6 docking version has been uploaded
see first post
if anyone wants the TS/TP/TM/M6/M8 docking clamps added let me know
i was thinking 1 clamp(=5 ship spaces) for M7 and TL and 2 clamps for M1
and the Split Panther but your thoughts and ideas are welcome

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 8. May 12, 00:12

M6 version is nice. When you say "docking clamps", do you mean that external docking we can see on Valhalla or on stations?
How is your plan to create capital ship docking on stations going? When can we have a fleet of M2 traders making profit and cleaning the galaxy at the same time?

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Tue, 8. May 12, 21:04

kurush wrote:M6 version is nice. When you say "docking clamps", do you mean that external docking we can see on Valhalla or on stations?
yes the docking clamps from the Argon/teladi trade stations or all military bases
How is your plan to create capital ship docking on stations going?
so far i've done four station types, the three CW SPP stations and a cheating pirate base where i just used the Yaki shipyard model and
the next station will be the marine/merc training station
When can we have a fleet of M2 traders making profit and cleaning the galaxy at the same time?
well i was thinking of those trade missions where you need to bring a large amount of wares in next to know time or at the most a Mk3 TL
with a defence wing homebased but M2 traders is a very Split way of thinking.
but after the training station i'm going to put it on hold to see if there are any station models from other mods i can borrow for better compatibility
and as i'm doing this by trial and error with just notepad this will take some time

Sieg06660
x3tc

Post by Sieg06660 » Mon, 5. Nov 12, 23:40

Does this work with TM's as in docking a TP into a TM
I appologise for any typos bad spelling grammer ing the above post it mainly do to the lack of motivation to correct the problem

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 01:14

Sieg06660 wrote:Does this work with TM's as in docking a TP into a TM
no the only ships changed are the large ones M7, M1 and TL
as TM are the same size as TSs and TPs i didn't think it would look right
although it would be simple to add them, maybe put the dock point to the rear of the TM like its being towed?
Sieg06660 wrote:are they all vanilla safe i cant imagine the Carrier docking TM's one being vanilla safe and are they for both TC and AP
i've had no complaints so far but the new AP ships won't have improved docking and i cant remember if i fixed an issue with the griffin in AP or not

DragonClass
x4

Post by DragonClass » Tue, 14. May 13, 06:56

Great mod idea.
If possible, could you re-upload the version that includes M6 docking as it looks like the file has been deleted from the host.
Many thanks

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 14. May 13, 11:15

The current version of this (and other Cattafett mods) are in the Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collection thread.

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Wed, 15. May 13, 22:00

thanks doc
will sort this out when i can get to a PC :oops:

Xavien

Post by Xavien » Sun, 22. Sep 13, 19:30

I dont seem to be able to get it working with my current save game. Do you have a .spk version of it that i could install using plugin manager?

It actually crashes the game and wont let any saved games reload, thankfully when deleting it they work again. I guess it doesnt like the false patch from an existing save game. Shame.

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Sun, 22. Sep 13, 23:18

Xavien wrote:Do you have a .spk version
to be honest i'm amazed that i made a mod at all
and there is no hope that i could make a .spk

as for the crash did you try loading a save game that is in a sector that has NO capital ships in it (unknown sectors are good)
as the mod only adds docking to newly created ships
loading a game with a ship will cause problems but jumping to a sector wont
sorry i cant explain properly but i've been GTA v for the last 20 hours trying to beat my cus to the finish and i need to sleep
try loading a game in an unknown sector
i.e. go to an unknown sector save game then add mod as fake patch
load game and let me know what happens
catta

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Mon, 12. Jun 17, 01:10

Apologies for the Necro, but is there anywhere this can currently be downloaded?

Phinixa
x4

Re: [MOD] Improved Capital Ship Hangars (vanilla safe)

Post by Phinixa » Sun, 4. Nov 18, 23:58

*Bump* anyone got a Download link that works with TC 3.4?
***modified*** 4 life!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”