Local Stock Exchange kinda ruined gameplay

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Senternit
x4

Local Stock Exchange kinda ruined gameplay

Post by Senternit » Sat, 5. May 12, 15:20

Local Stock Exchange supply looks at ships cargo, so If you feel ship with space weed and jump to Yaki's or Pirate's Share Trading space (no NPC supply, easy to change index) you will have index 200. Get all shares for 900 and jump out to some place else. Index gets 0 you sell shares for 5+ times the original investment.

So basicly by building Dream Farms and Bliss places and feeling a little fleet of few Orcas with space weed one can make hundreds of millions in less then a minute.

Before you had to build stations, choose nice places for them, help NPC to build new stations to increase demand of stuff. Steal ships to make fast money. It was fun!
Now it's just jumping in and out buying selling shares=(

Mudkest
x4

Post by Mudkest » Sat, 5. May 12, 15:39

well, just because you *can* doesnt mean you *must*

filling a ship with spaceweed then making millions of the stockmarket ruins your gameplay? then don't do it!
Avast ye chumsucking scumbuckets. Landlubbers be keelhauled, pillage them poodles and bring missery and mutiny to the mercifull

Arialth

Post by Arialth » Sat, 5. May 12, 17:58

i'm interested how does really work ? step by step ? i wanna try all kinds of mechanics in ap ... thx :)

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Sat, 5. May 12, 22:50

My first reply may be agreed on that the Stock Market is a "cheat" like experience. However you need better understanding how that works in order to gain income.
If you don't think that is a good and FAIR way of earning money then don't do it :D
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Lazerius
x4

Post by Lazerius » Sat, 5. May 12, 23:50

Imo, this thread is the equivalent of Punching yourself in the face, than complaining your face hurts. :lol:

If you think it's cheating like I do, than take my approach: Don't do it. :roll:
All your Hyperion Vanguards are belong to us.

highflier
x4

Post by highflier » Sun, 6. May 12, 11:46

you dont even need to fly your freigther out... there is a much easier way...

but on the other hand - with a decent rank, running missions give me more money as i can use - so money issues in AP are impossible.
no need to exploit the stock exchange.
trouble with boarding? try this!

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Sun, 6. May 12, 13:48

Yep, money is so easy to make I don't even use the stock markets!! Still got more cash than I could possibly spend.
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

seeker89
x4

Post by seeker89 » Mon, 7. May 12, 02:58

What's the funniest thing about this thread is that it's not the first... and it all goes to the same place:
Just because you can doesn't mean you should. If it wreaks your game, then restart and don't.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”