My first factory and not doing anything at all

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rakall
x3tc

My first factory and not doing anything at all

Post by rakall » Sun, 6. May 12, 05:23

Hi all,

I finally bought my first factory a Wheat Farm L. But it's flashing red since it seems to be running out of resources (e Cells) all the time. And also the station is not selling the wheat even though I set the price real low. I gave it an operating budget of a million credits. What I need to know is, do I have to supply it with resources or will NPCs do that. And when will the factory start selling?

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sun, 6. May 12, 05:29

it is better to use your own ships to both buy resources and sell good, there are some that sell on their own (1mj shields, microchips, quantum tubes etc) but for general stuff like wheat you need to buy your own trade ships to handle purchase/selling

rakall
x3tc

Post by rakall » Sun, 6. May 12, 06:04

Thanks for the reply, what would be reasonable number of ships to have to sell goods and supply resources for one wheat farm?

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Sun, 6. May 12, 06:06

A single CAG from the Bonus Pack

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Sun, 6. May 12, 06:13

rakall wrote:Hi all,

I finally bought my first factory a Wheat Farm L. But it's flashing red since it seems to be running out of resources
does red not mean your station is under attack?
use cag to supply your stations, for 1 L wheat farm 1 ship will be fine for both buying and then selling when the pilot gets promoted
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

zanex09
x3tc

Post by zanex09 » Sun, 6. May 12, 07:06

Im pretty sure flashing red means its either being attacked or had been attacked at some time. It usually stops flashing after its shields hit 100% again.

Like the other guy said you will need to supply your factory with resources so that it can keep producing its goods. A simple mercury for example would work fine for buying resources and selling its goods when set up as a cag, make sure that its jump range allows enough jumps in order to reach a power plant if using a jump drive.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 6. May 12, 07:48

cattafett wrote: does red not mean your station is under attack?
Yes, it does--it would flash yellow to indicate it was out of resources.
Last edited by pjknibbs on Sun, 6. May 12, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 6. May 12, 09:19

For wheat, I'd suggest selling at avg. - 1 but then selling with a ship, you can buy energy for avg + 1 from traders happily, usually, but if you want it cheaper and more reliable, use a ship.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

rakall
x3tc

Post by rakall » Sun, 6. May 12, 21:26

Guys,

Thanks for all the tips. I'll see how this is going to play out.

Thanks again!

Blazehack
x3tc

Post by Blazehack » Sun, 6. May 12, 23:11

EmperorJon wrote:For wheat, I'd suggest selling at avg. - 1 but then selling with a ship, you can buy energy for avg + 1 from traders happily, usually, but if you want it cheaper and more reliable, use a ship.
This is what I do for general setup, buy at +1 and sell at -1. Although I usually have my own frieghters to both buy and sell any goods that aren't in the hotcakes catagory(the previous threads or space weed/space fuel etc)
The life of a pirate.

1 If you see it shoot at it.
2 If it shoots back shoot at it some more
3 ?????
4 Profit

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”