Ship's speed and distance to target not appearing on HUD?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

RetroNutcase
x3ap

Ship's speed and distance to target not appearing on HUD?

Post by RetroNutcase » Sun, 6. May 12, 09:24

So I ran into an odd problem after installing the X3TC Bonus Pack and a script called "Bounce" that's designed to minimize the loss of player ships due to bad collisions with enemy ships/stations. That being...My HUD no longer displays three VERY vital pieces of information at random intervals. My speed, my target's speed, and my distance to target. Randomly, these three numbers will vanish from the center of my HUD entirely, leaving me unable to know what my current throttle/target speed/distance is. And it's becoming quite jarring. I'm not sure if it's a script issue or something else, but it's becoming quite troublesome.

Any idea on what might be causing this?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 6. May 12, 10:54

Normally when that happens it is because the single game engine cpu core is locked into another series of scripts and cannot escape back to the core gamefiles to provide the details you see missing. Without your system and game details I cannot tell if your system is already likely to be stressed by the game in any case.

The fact that the BP properly installed is well-proven not to cause much of this and that it is quite rare to see this with a vanilla game really limits us in what help we can give to your modified version. All I can suggest is to disable or uninstall Bounce and see if the problem is still there just with the BP. That should indicate which change (Bounce or BP) started the issue and where to look further for problems.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”