how do i force spawn stock exchanges?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrwHem
x4

how do i force spawn stock exchanges?

Post by DrwHem » Sun, 6. May 12, 23:05

I am currently playing the BSG mod and am also using x3 2 editor to tweak the stats on the venti, prototype centuar, and the ships in the BSG mod.
initially i was trying to tweak the ships in the vanilla game but the changes from x3 2 editor werent showing up in the game. i re verified the game content on steam for TC and AP to put the vanilla ships back to normal.
i am now only modding the above ships in the mod folder but i am having an issue where there are no stock exchanges in the universe. im going to the coordinates of where the stock exchanges are supposed to be and they only have free trading stations there.
there has been like no activity on the mod forums so i was wondering if anyone knew any way to edit the stations back into existence. they do not show up on the cheat spawn list of stations tho.

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Mon, 7. May 12, 02:19

helppp. bump. id love to actually get to play the game but i cant til all these damn problems are solved. x3 reunion was so much easier to mod....whyd they have to mess that up...ive had nothing but problems trying to use the mods for this game and its not that great in vanilla with the limited ships.

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Mon, 7. May 12, 02:40

Sorry if this sounds harsh:

Your posts are spread out all over the place.

You need to list what game your playing, AP or TC, and list all mods you have loaded, and in what order, then stay with that thread until you have your game sorted out.

By asking different questions in different posts about the same thing won't help you at all, in fact it'll make folks give up in all honesty as they percieve that you may not be listening or taking their advice on how best to fix your problem.

But to answer anyway, stock exchanges don't exist in TC if thats what your playing.

If your playing AP and there's no exchanges then you added in a TC Tfactories either yourself or in a mod of some sort and thats why you have none.

Noone can really help until you've listed everything you have loaded and where you loaded it.

hth

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 7. May 12, 02:42

+1, Argo. :thumb_up:

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Mon, 7. May 12, 04:33

im playing AP. i said in the first post that i am playing the battlestar mod and i use x3 2 editor to modify ship stats. i dont use tfactories. its possible that the x3 2 editor moved the TC tfactories over the AP ones. if thats the case how do i move it back? i know you are supposed to be able to extrac files using x3 2 editor but mine wont. i dont even see the option.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 7. May 12, 05:18

And in the 3rd thread now, BSG is likely not up to date for APv2 and therefore is conflicting with stock exchanges.

Remove BSG, start a new game, see if stock exchanges are there. If they are, you know its the BSG mod that doesnt have them.

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Mon, 7. May 12, 05:24

i know its the BSG mod but i like those ships and for some reason its the only way i can edit ships. i checked on their thread and they had some users who said they could use stock exchanges. i just want to know how to re-enable the stock exchanges tonight. its probably too late now tho since i head back out to the desert tomorrow. thats why i was urgently looking for a fix just so i could get a few hours of computer time in to last me the next month or two.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 7. May 12, 05:36

EDIT: I see that there *is* a shipyard mentioned in the BSG Mod description. That suggests that that it may mod TFactories, although I have not investigated further.

Here is the link for the AP version: BSG Mod AP

Somehow you have messed up your game, right? And in some way that is not obvious to those trying to help you. Therefore, it will take some time to debug. X3 is the sort of game that people put hundreds of hours into. It is not reasonable to expect to be able to learn how to mod ships, do the mods, test them, and get them working in a few hours.

Be patient.

If you have not gone far in your game, then rebuild the game from scratch, install the BSG mod, and start a new game.

If you want to try to rescue your current saved games, that will be more challenging. You have some things to learn before you will be able to do that.

While not an exhaustive tutorial, the Tips for Newbie Modders: Plugin Manager, VFS, and Saved Game Quirks contains a few undocumented tips that you may not find elsewhere.

In particular, you will want to understand VFS and File Precedence (or load order). Hopefully that is well-explained in the link.

That may not be what you wanted to hear, but I hope that it helps.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 7. May 12, 06:20

I just checked the BSG mod. Both tfactories and tdocks in the mod are out of date. Factories is 3 years old ! Docks looks like the last TC patch (which I havent extracted or used myself so cant check easily). Neither are AP files.

So, if you want stock exchanges in your game, add a types folder under addon, then put in it an extracted Tdocks from the 01 cat of AP that is in addon.

You will of course lose anything BSG added to the docks file. Actually I cant see at a glance why the mod even has a docks file in it. But if your save file wont load with the new docks file, then something in your game has to be removed first.

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Mon, 7. May 12, 13:26

for some reason i cant use plugin manager to extract the files. the new version dosnt have the feature and the old version that did work for me in TC dosnt seem to work. :(

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 7. May 12, 13:28

Use Modmanager. Its older, but reliable for extracting.

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Mon, 7. May 12, 13:32

when opening it up i get a lot of menus. i found a Tfactories but when i pull it out it turns into a notepad document. is that normal?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 7. May 12, 13:33

Or, better, use the additional tools in the Plugin Manager group. In this case, the Package Creator.

The options should be on the context menu if you right-click a .spk.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 7. May 12, 13:35

Whats an spk got to do with anything ?

He wants the tdocks out of cat 01 in Ap addon. Modmanager was designed for that job and still works the best out of the tools made since it. imho.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 7. May 12, 13:37

apricotslice wrote:Whats an spk got to do with anything ?
He asked how to extract from the plugin manager. You answered. I answered better.

Seriously, dude, slow down. :)
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Mon, 7. May 12, 14:55, edited 3 times in total.

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Mon, 7. May 12, 13:41

i opened the 01 cat by right clicking it and selecting x3 2 editor. then i pulled out tfactories.pck and put it in x3tc/addon/types. i loaded my game and had no change. then i started a new game and had no change.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 7. May 12, 13:44

@DrBullwinkle

You answered better, in your opinion, which I dont happen to share.

Horses for courses.

Modmanager to extract and assemble cats.
X3Editor2 to edit files.
Plugin Manager for installing things.

@DrwHem

tDOCKS !

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Mon, 7. May 12, 14:04

ok but the old version of modmanager gives me an error when i start it. it says it cant find some file that is literally in the same folder as it is.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 7. May 12, 14:07

Which file ?

If X3editor will extract for you, use that.

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Mon, 7. May 12, 14:09

msvcr and zlib1 also x3mmext.dll
i was able to right click on 01 and open with x3 2 editor tho and i pulled out Tdocks but it is no longer a pck file. its now a text file

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”