Change turret capital/fighter settings?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kalistan

Change turret capital/fighter settings?

Post by Kalistan » Wed, 9. May 12, 13:08

Hey all,

I'm new to posting on the forum, so if this post is poorly written or in the wrong place I apologize in advance.

I was wondering if there was a way to change the what a ship's turrets consider to be "capital" ships, and "fighters? Specifically, I want to know if I can tell my M2 class ship to shoot at M1, M2, and M7 ONLY when I set it to "Turret: Attack Capitals" and if M6 and M8 ships can be added to the "Turret: Attack Fighters" command. I could just set my anti-fighter turrets to attack all enemies, but they seem to have a knack of pissing off the local police/military and I want to minimize rep lose in cases where i can't comm them and apologize, ie. in the heat of battle. I couldn't find a solution within the vanilla game, and I was wondering if there was a script or mod out there that did what I was looking for?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 9. May 12, 15:10

In TC you cannot change that with vanilla scripts.

In AP you can edit the configuration of your turret scripts.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Kalistan

Post by Kalistan » Fri, 11. May 12, 00:05

Gazz wrote:In TC you cannot change that with vanilla scripts.
So does that mean there is no chance of fixing my problem in TC, or just that scripting isn't going to help and I need to look for a mod of some sort?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 11. May 12, 08:41

There are plenty of custom scripts for anything - including turrets. Take your pick.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”