[X3AP] stock exchange question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

saco3
x4

[X3AP] stock exchange question

Post by saco3 » Sat, 12. May 12, 11:31

Hi,

On my last game I was buying and selling space fuel shares in the Yaki stock exchange station and number of available shares was around 1400.

Now when I loaded my game I see that the number of shares I can buy increased to a little over 2200 which increased the profit I can make.

What I want to ask is how to did that happen? is there a way to increase the number of shares available for a certain stock? ( Note that a little while before I saved the game last time I sold some space fuel to the stock exchange station, does that have something to do with it?)

Thanks.

Turiko

Post by Turiko » Sat, 12. May 12, 12:51

I'm only finding things out in AP myself, but from my understanding the stock reflects the status of supply and demand in the area. If space fuel stock went up, is it possible that a new distillery was built? Or, perhaps a station that will buy it.

saco3
x4

Post by saco3 » Sat, 12. May 12, 15:56

Turiko wrote:I'm only finding things out in AP myself, but from my understanding the stock reflects the status of supply and demand in the area. If space fuel stock went up, is it possible that a new distillery was built? Or, perhaps a station that will buy it.
Thanks for the reply. I think I figured it out. I went and bought around 500 space fuel and kept it in my ship's cargo bay then the number of stocks when to 2700. Am guessing that its affected by the number of space fuel units available in the area compared to the demand.

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Sat, 12. May 12, 19:17

yeh that is it. there is tricks in order to play the stock exchanges. if you have a freighter in Savage Spur full of a resource there is none of in Yaki space, as long as there is a demand for it in yaki space. the price will be at its max in the local stock exchange.

if you then bring equal (or more) of the demand into Yaki space you will see the stock exchange price fall to the minimum price for that ware...

therefore if you have a freighter full of say Nividium in Scale Plate Green. the PTNI exchange will show it at minimum price... you then buy up all shares. then tell the freighter to fly to Nyana's Hideout. it will then be outside the PTNI stock exchange's influence and (as long as there is no other Nividium present in the sectors covered by PTNI) the price will shoot up to its max price and you sell your shares for max profit. the Nividium Stock Exchange trick is an extremly big Exploit though as if you do it with a TL full of Niv you can end up making 100's of millions in a single go... and Nyana's Hideout has an exchange with Nividium on demand as well so you can do it twice for each round trip.
find me on Steam
check out Roguey's Wiki - still under development

saco3
x4

Post by saco3 » Sat, 12. May 12, 21:23

ConCorDian wrote:yeh that is it. there is tricks in order to play the stock exchanges. if you have a freighter in Savage Spur full of a resource there is none of in Yaki space, as long as there is a demand for it in yaki space. the price will be at its max in the local stock exchange.

if you then bring equal (or more) of the demand into Yaki space you will see the stock exchange price fall to the minimum price for that ware...

therefore if you have a freighter full of say Nividium in Scale Plate Green. the PTNI exchange will show it at minimum price... you then buy up all shares. then tell the freighter to fly to Nyana's Hideout. it will then be outside the PTNI stock exchange's influence and (as long as there is no other Nividium present in the sectors covered by PTNI) the price will shoot up to its max price and you sell your shares for max profit. the Nividium Stock Exchange trick is an extremly big Exploit though as if you do it with a TL full of Niv you can end up making 100's of millions in a single go... and Nyana's Hideout has an exchange with Nividium on demand as well so you can do it twice for each round trip.
I see thanks allot this really helps. Finding enough Nividium to use for this will be tough though as am told that the exploit in Kingdoms End ( TC exploit) doesn't work in AP. Haven't tried it myself yet though.

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Sat, 12. May 12, 23:23

no, that exploit only worked because roids never truly vanished when collected out of sector, so even with three collectable roid fragments you could fill 1000's of freighters. now it does actually collect them so it doesn't work.

there are a few Niv Roids around. personal favorite place to get them is the NEW HOME sectors. cluster of 4 sectors each with a decent Niv roid just waiting for you to break them up and collect.
find me on Steam

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Sun, 13. May 12, 06:32

I've been collecting Nividium in Scale plate Green for a long time. OOS. All the Nividium is still there.
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

saco3
x4

Post by saco3 » Sun, 13. May 12, 11:27

ConCorDian wrote:no, that exploit only worked because roids never truly vanished when collected out of sector, so even with three collectable roid fragments you could fill 1000's of freighters. now it does actually collect them so it doesn't work.

there are a few Niv Roids around. personal favorite place to get them is the NEW HOME sectors. cluster of 4 sectors each with a decent Niv roid just waiting for you to break them up and collect.
Am sorry but could you tell me the names of the NEW HOME sectors? and also the cords where the nividium asteroids are in Scale Plate Green, all I seem to find is ore and silicon.

Thanks.

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Sun, 13. May 12, 12:34

Guiding Star, CEO Wellspring, Cathedral of Xaar and Spires of Elusion. (twisted Skies is also a NEW HOME sector but has no direct connection to the others.)

id reckomend taking a ship capible of fitting Hornet missiles and bring 4 Hornets and 4 Adv Sats and an M5 with explorer command and a mineral scanner. get your M5 to map the sector, once done get your M5 to scan all asteroids in the sector. you should now see the Niv Roid. now take your ship closer to the roid and launch your hornet at the roid. once it does its initial breakup move into the centre of all the debris and drop your advanced sat. then break up the larger fragments into collectable chunks and bring in whatever freighters you have ordering them to your advanced sat. once in place tell them to collect roids and go get your next sector and start again. youll end up with enough Niv to fill a couple of TL's.

youll also find Niv Roids in:
Distant Clouds
Enduring Light
Perpetual Sin
Terran Unk Sec (4th after Oort Cloud)
Unk Sec (16,0)

all the rest are in Xenon sector. also i havn't verified they all still exist in AP as that list i made up in TC.
find me on Steam

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Sun, 13. May 12, 12:37

Joe McCracken wrote:I've been collecting Nividium in Scale plate Green for a long time. OOS. All the Nividium is still there.
in AP? are you running any scripts? someone said they would respawn but it would take a long time... long enough that a single freighter would have all that exists collected before it does.
find me on Steam

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Sun, 13. May 12, 18:37

No Scripts. AP.

Coordinates: 29.8, 0.0, -32.1
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Sun, 13. May 12, 20:33

its supposed to be expendable... i dont mine Niv in my current game, only mined the units i needed for the plot
find me on Steam

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Sun, 13. May 12, 23:09

I've only mined enough to fill a snotra, but the roids are still there. Every last one plus the fragments left over. :?

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Mon, 14. May 12, 12:22

im not denying that... its just that was one of the changes to AP from TC... it was to stop the Nividium Mining Exploit.. so perhaps youve found a glitch of some sort. i personally dont bother with the nividium in the feilds... i prefer to break the larger asteroids when im looking for Niv. ill perhaps need to give that a shot though... see if it does the same in my game
find me on Steam

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Mon, 14. May 12, 17:53

I've never busted a niv roid. there are so many places to get niv, I've never bothered. Especially with the UFJD.

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Mon, 14. May 12, 17:59

Joe McCracken wrote:I've never busted a niv roid. there are so many places to get niv, I've never bothered. Especially with the UFJD.
thats just a difference in preferance though. to be honest its more laziness, its soo much easier to find the large roids than some of those silly little pockets in Feilds... others prefer them... id prefer it if EGO would give you access to Niv Mines... make them massivly expensive, 500 mil... end of the day you know your still gonna make your money back!!!
find me on Steam

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Mon, 14. May 12, 18:18

Yeah! Ego Give Us Niv Mines! :P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”