ATF Rank status.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

chanelit
x3tc

ATF Rank status.

Post by chanelit » Sat, 12. May 12, 14:02

I started as a Humble Merchant in AP and have now completed the plots and got the Hub and HQ etc, I am at top rank with all races but am stuck at 48% ATF Fugitive. I have acces to all stations in Althes, Segris and Megnir but can only buy in Megnir (incl ATF Ships). I've done loads of missions for Althes, Megnir and Segris sector stations but my ATF rank doesn't move - it seems because the missions are Terran originated.
I have three questions please -
[1] What are the ATF Ranks??
[2] Wher can I find the ATF Rankings??
[3] How I can improve my ATF ranking ??
Many thanks in advance guys.

Dantrithor
x3tc

Post by Dantrithor » Sat, 12. May 12, 14:46

ATF ranks dictate how far inside terran territory you can fly. (Once you get above those nasty lower ranks, you will see "Mars access", "Moon access", ...). You raise it by performing ATF missions or plots... I am not sure you can raise it from that start at all.

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Sat, 12. May 12, 16:46

Go to Althes, and trade with the Orbital Defense Station there. Buy Baldrics at the shipyard in Megnir, fly them to Althes, buy cargo, speed and rudder upgrades one at a time. Each transaction gives you a little boost in rank.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

chanelit
x3tc

Post by chanelit » Sun, 13. May 12, 00:56

Thanks Danthritor, but I already have acces to the Moon, etc, and can buy anything in Terran Space (Rank is Hero of Sol). I will try buying Baldrics, etc, and see how long it takes. Thanks Gents.

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Mon, 14. May 12, 00:52

I've just automated the ATF rank increase. I placed a EQ-dock (wrong place, but it works) in Aldrin, and gave it 14 Discovery Haulers and 2 Elites. Most of them have no cargo bay extensions, all have Trade Command 1+2 and trading extension.

The EQ-dock got a handfull of Keris, EMPC, Phantom, Poltergeist, Spectre, Ghouls and MAML's. I didn't include MAMLWH's, because I collect them in another EQ-dock.

1 Disco buys the commodity (Buy ware - repeats -1), one sells (Sell ware command). The EQ-dock has got some cash. Every transaction counts toward your ATF status.

It's costly, yes, but it works. I'm looking for some Terran EMP Rifles to add to the wares cycling around.

Don't go IS in Althes, because that would destroy your ships, when they try to land at the Orbital Defense Station.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”