TM will not launch fighters [X3TC]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mov
x3

TM will not launch fighters [X3TC]

Post by Mov » Sun, 13. May 12, 22:55

Hi all,

I have a problem with a TM (Zephyrus) that i have recently added 4 Solanos to, i do not have the money for a T1, so decided to have a play with the poor mans carrier to see how it all works.

The fighters home base is set to the zeph, and all ships are fitted with fight command mk2, however when i order the TM to protect me, or attack all enemies it either just orbits me, or goes head first trying to kill everything itself without launching a single fighter.

While on a mission i asked it to attack all enemies, and it ended up taking fire itself, and still did not launch the fighters to protect itself.

Please help.

zanex09
x3tc

Post by zanex09 » Sun, 13. May 12, 23:00

Do you have carrier software installed on your tm? Im not entirely sure as i have yet to make a carrier either rich or poor yet. Try installing it and see what happens if you dont

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Sun, 13. May 12, 23:02

Did you install Carrier Command Software? (available at all good Split/Teladi equipment docks)

If you did then you can just use combat options 'Launch all fighters'

Personally, I set all my fighters aboard the TM as wingmen and hit 'Shift+7' (hotkey for Wingmen protect me) when I want them. This causes all my wingmen to undock and rush to my rescue! :)

Mov
x3

Post by Mov » Mon, 14. May 12, 00:05

Ahh i had no idea there was a carrier software to install.

Thanks i will give that a shot.

Just noticed if i set the fighters to protect the TM they will undock when hostiles are near, BUT only attack if the TM is actually shot at, then they will go back to orbiting the TM until it is shot again.

Mov
x3

Post by Mov » Mon, 14. May 12, 00:35

Still struggling :(

I have fitted the carrier command software to the TM, but still it will not launch fighters to attack enemies, i don't think i mentioned it but i am not the pilot of this ship and i am not in its wing.

Since adding the carrier command, i can use 'attack all enemies, land' option now, but this would mean me having to click it every time.

Its sole purpose will be to patrol a sector where my stations are, and without it launching fighters to kill enemies automatically i think it will just die.

natha
x4

Post by natha » Mon, 14. May 12, 01:01

If your TM doesn't use its jumpdrive, just order the fighters to "protect it". Also (since its Zephyrus) you can add some thunderbolts in it and put high missile usage, or simply let it resupply the fighters with them. No other TM can do that.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 14. May 12, 01:17

TM's aren't really very good sector defenders. And to have it protect you, it should have weapons, mounted in it's weapon mounts. It will then attack enemies, which will cause them to shoot it, and it's fighters will then launch.

For Out of Sector Operations, TM's aren't nearly shielded enough.

If you're okay with mods, CODEA handily solves this problem, by taking control of fighter operations and completely automating them.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Mon, 14. May 12, 02:42

The problem is that you're giving orders to the TM and not the docked fighters. If you order the TM to attack something, then it will do exactly that. Since the fighters are not part of the TM, the order to attack does not apply to them

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 14. May 12, 11:15

@ Mov: You might find my post here (and that thread generally) of interest.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”