X3(R) Bala Gi Issue

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Soulipsist
x3ap

X3(R) Bala Gi Issue

Post by Soulipsist » Wed, 16. May 12, 01:35

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but I've been playing The Reunion for a good while now. However, I've come across a rather unpleasant issue with my progression through the Bala Gi quest line.

I looked around for a quick-fix, and did some searching for possible solutions, but I'm pretty much stumped at this point.

I'm playing a pirate, and completely hostile with the Argon. Way, way low rep. Been capping Argon ships since I set foot into space. And they're asking me to obtain an Argon Trading Station.

My first thought was to go to a pirate base and hack an argon trading station so that I could grab one, but this still presents the reputation issue. They won't sell a station to any average guy, let alone a public enemy. Sneaking in and escaping with a station...? Also, wouldn't be able to hail the TL.

Does anyone know of a way I could get around this? I really want a Headquarters, and I want to maintain the profile I've given my IG character; he hates the Argon.

Thanks in advance! :)

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 16. May 12, 01:59

Argon are allies to Boron, so I don't think it is illogical that you need to repair your reputation. How about going postal on Paranid in Argon space? That should help, or do some missions there.

Soulipsist
x3ap

Post by Soulipsist » Wed, 16. May 12, 02:05

kurush wrote:Argon are allies to Boron, so I don't think it is illogical that you need to repair your reputation. How about going postal on Paranid in Argon space? That should help, or do some missions there.
The major issue there is that I'm already at -4 (Confirmed Enemy) and very nearly at Enemy of the Federation. Once I build it back up, I'll probably have to put it up to a far higher level to even get access to buying the station. :x

Oh, and I'm totally allied with Paranid. Friend of Emperor.
:/ Sucks to have the diplomatic relations you took at the beginning affect something as important as the player HQ.

Is there some script I could enact that would help me get around it? IMO it wouldn't be cheating, because it's a single snag on an important quest line that could end up being weeks of work to mend.

ETA:

Would it be possible to spawn a station, then load it onto a TL and take it over to Kingdom End? Can you load stations up after they already exist in the world?

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 16. May 12, 03:20

I don't agree with it being a snag as you say. To me it reflects real-life politics. Choose your allies but go behind their backs when your 'enemy' has something you need.
While you are making up with the Argons to get that rep for the Trading Station you will find you lose a little rep with the Paranid. That said, if you keep doing jobs for the Parinid you can still improve your rep with them but it just takes a wee bit longer.
Once you have your station you can dump your new allies the Argon and go all out capping their ships once more.
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 16. May 12, 08:48

Is there some script I could enact that would help me get around it?
If you know the game well enough to distinguish between game anomalies and script induced bugs,then go to s/m forum.

There are many scripts and mods there.

The simplest one for your problem is Cycrow's Cheat Package.

Be careful how much you use that package though,as you can easily make the game either unplayable or unenjoyable.

Soulipsist
x3ap

Post by Soulipsist » Thu, 17. May 12, 07:47

Thanks guys! I figured it out; went the easy route and used Cycrow's script to fix things up. It just feels wrong for my character to want to have anything to do with those guys. With the story I've been providing for myself as I've gone along, his face is on wanted posters all over Argon space. He's public enemy number one.

Which is not to say the other route couldn't have been interesting. This one seemed like my best bet though.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”