X3AP Hates Satellites

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Higgs Aran
x3ap

X3AP Hates Satellites

Post by Higgs Aran » Wed, 16. May 12, 06:55

Dear Terran Military Personnel,

Please stop flying to 1000 km from the north gate of Omicron Lyrae just to kill a satellite you couldn't possibly have known was there. You have dozens of Argon enemies to fight.

Sincerely,
A random Argon military pilot

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Wed, 16. May 12, 07:40

Your assets in war sectors will always be attacked by the race you have lower rep with

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 16. May 12, 08:10

Sorry if this writing ends up unreadable! I'm typing this while in fits of hysterical laughter.
I've put umpteen sats in OL each time a little lower hoping the enemy won't bother going that low. Boy, how wrong can you be!! In fact they ended up so low on the y axis that it was pointless putting 'em there.
I remember one time, after clearing the sector of enemies I dropped a replacement sat praying that it would last some time. As I was about to fly through the east gate to Treasure Chest up popped the familiar voice of 'Betty', "Attention! One of your ships is under attack....." . Well you could imagine! I was unconsolable for minutes. Not even my favourite strawberry flavoured lollipop could help!!

Sigh! Aint war a female dog. :headbang: :headbang:
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 16. May 12, 08:25

Sigh! Aint war a female dog.
OT...

But it reminded my of when I was a small boy,visiting my Great-Uncle.
My father,being a dairyman , often used "colourful" language.
My uncle had a dog,which was friendly,in a nice sort of way.
At one point I asked "Is it a male or female ?"
Great uncle replied "It's a bitch."
I then said "ok. But is it a male or female?"

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Wed, 16. May 12, 08:33

hmm, perhaps Terran response would be something like this:

---------------------------------------
Dear Sir,Madam or Thing

Due to recent development, (namely an unknown argon pilot dropping 500 satellites infront of our gates, satellites are now banned in conflict zones)

and the Terraformer Erradication act, rule 8751:
"No mechanical entity that does not contain an organic being will be tolerated in Terran space or space that is planned on becoming Terran space."

Thereby all your satellites will be prioritized over hostile ships. Including M2 Destroyers and M7Ms.

Have a Nice Day,

/Commander of the Satellite eradication fleet.

-----------------------

:)

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 16. May 12, 12:29

And I think the last response would be:

"Oh yeh! Well my dads bigger than your dad so there!"

PS
"Can I have my satellites back please? I think it's just gone over your sector. There it is. Just behind that factory. No not that one. The other one."

KABOOM!!!
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Wed, 16. May 12, 13:00

Well, this might be the revenge of the Terrans for unappropriate behavior of X3-pilots in early days ;).
At the end of the X3-plot there was a glitch in the plot-line making Advanced Satellites in Heretic's End undestructable. Some X3-players used that for trying to get into possession of Terran ships - and some of them claimed to have been successful: they had to fly IS in that sector and to wait for a Terran ship to collide with one of those eternal Satellites - AND TO BAIL :o :D

It never happend in one of my games but there were reports in the Forum about 'capped Terran ships'.

natha
x4

Post by natha » Wed, 16. May 12, 13:13

I think that mechanic is there to keep the war sectors under "fog of war". You need to fly there to check whats what.
And yes its frustrating, but not really something more.
I want to try and guard a war sector, but until now i wasn't able ... 4-5 M2s don't seem enough. Maybe more "think" aspect needed :lol:

Turiko

Post by Turiko » Wed, 16. May 12, 13:21

May i ask why you need a satellite 1000's of km away? If you want to have access to the local trading systems, just buy a cheap fighter and keep it docked somewhere.

chance of argon shipyard being blown up < chance of satellite being blown up. :)

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 16. May 12, 20:03

A picture worth 1000 words :)
You thought this war is about Terrans vs Argons, Torus, Saya Kho and stuff? Wrong! It is about your freaking satellite placed in <name your war zone sector> :lol: This setup dropped my Terran rank from highest to 0% lowest in about one hour. The revenge of Adv.Sat.

JackKiller2266

Post by JackKiller2266 » Wed, 16. May 12, 21:51

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

natha
x4

Post by natha » Wed, 16. May 12, 22:27

:lol:
Awesome, kurush!
I think i'm gonna copy that but replace the adv.sat with a trading station full of booze in minimum price. Yeah! that will do! :twisted:

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 16. May 12, 23:19

natha wrote: I think i'm gonna copy that but replace the adv.sat with a trading station full of booze
I already have a huge booze complex in Harmony of Perp and it is sold out as usual. Customers have no problem crossing the war sectors. It is your satellite that matters :)

Higgs Aran
x3ap

Post by Higgs Aran » Thu, 17. May 12, 10:14

Turiko wrote:May i ask why you need a satellite 1000's of km away? If you want to have access to the local trading systems, just buy a cheap fighter and keep it docked somewhere.

chance of argon shipyard being blown up < chance of satellite being blown up. :)
That's what I did. In all honesty, I placed a satellite really far away just so I could make this topic. :)

@kurush: Rad

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Thu, 17. May 12, 12:06

Turiko wrote:
May i ask why you need a satellite 1000's of km away? If you want to have access to the local trading systems, just buy a cheap fighter and keep it docked somewhere.
The purpose of my adv. sat was not for trading purposes but to see how many enemy there were and which would be the best gate to jump to and see if it was worth my while going for the fight.
If there were a couple of corvettes in sector then I may jump in knowing the Argon military are there in case I get into trouble.
I do the same in Blackhole Sun and my sat seldom gets destroyed by the Xenon. There is more chance of a pirate in a bad mood destroying it in that sector.

As for your suggestion, you are quite right. I've been doing that for years, also using capped scouts for that purpose.

PS
@Higgs Aran
How do you get the box around the wording without use the 'Quote' function? Whenever I try it it always ends up like above!

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 17. May 12, 12:38

Coreblimey wrote:How do you get the box around the wording without use the 'Quote' function? Whenever I try it it always ends up like above!
You have a box around the wording. :?

If you mean the 'xxx wrote' part, you need to add '="source"' to the quote tag.
http://forum.egosoft.com/faq.php?mode=bbcode#4

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Thu, 17. May 12, 15:32

Carlo the Curious wrote:If you mean the 'xxx wrote' part, you need to add '="source"' to the quote tag.
That's exactly what I meant. Look. I've goddam actually done it. Who's a clever boy then. And thanks for the reference. Right. Who's next. :lol:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”