Missile Defenses Query

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Calgor Grim
x4

Missile Defenses Query

Post by Calgor Grim » Sat, 19. May 12, 11:20

I dislike missiles...I really dislike missiles. Nothing worse than when you're flying through a system and then thanks to Improved Races an M7M is nearby and you find yourself with a billion little red dots heading your way and the sinking feeling that your 7x2GJ shields just wont stand up that well. Not that theres much wrong with the mod mind...I actually like it and I'm not here to disrespect that in any way.

So I'm wanting to get into scripting and do some work on another missile defence script of my own...or try to. Most existing ones seem to rely on missiles or drones in your inventory to fire back at the existing missiles. This is effective yes but is limited by your capacity. I could also use turret scripts/weapons to switch between weapons but even they can get overwhelmed in large numbers. I'm wondering whether its possible to do a radial pulse type effect. An EMP in a sense, knocking out all missiles within a radius.

When any missile from a source other than you is fired, it often comes up as red even if you like the race that launches it, which leads me to believe that a missile is classed as a ship/entity of an enemy race and maybe using the "Enemy Race" faction, is this correct? I also imagine that since even Impulse Ray Emitters can knock a missile out in one shot, that missiles have very low structural integrity.

Is it therefore feaseable to say:

Buy missile disruptor pulse ware.
Use hotkey.
Damage all targets in radius of X km for Y damage of Enemy Race.
Disable and recharge weapon for a period of time (a minute or so).

If this has been done, point me at it, I'll apologise for taking time etc. If not, I may try and write this.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sat, 19. May 12, 12:31

There is one floting around the forum somwhere I remember reading the topic for it.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 19. May 12, 13:32

Damage all targets
There is a command like "get all missiles aimed at [..]" - no need to damage the hole sector ^^
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 19. May 12, 15:42

I'm using modified PBE's. I dont get missile hits.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Sat, 19. May 12, 18:37

Calgor Grim
x4

Post by Calgor Grim » Sat, 19. May 12, 23:55

That saves me a job! :D

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sun, 20. May 12, 00:11

qwizzie wrote:EMP Missile Protection System

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=317744
Knew it was around here somewhere.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”