Hub quest issue

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rstrom11
x3ap

Hub quest issue

Post by rstrom11 » Sun, 20. May 12, 01:38

So I just got back from the xenon sector you are supposed to scout and right now it is telling me that I need to talk to Mahi Ma, but when I go to the station that is indicated, I see him in the list of comms but talking to him doesn't do anything in particular. What's going on here?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 20. May 12, 07:58

He shouldn't be in a station at all, is what the problem there is...he's supposed to stay in his ship until you get back, and then eject for you to pick him up. Sometimes he ejects too soon and flies to a station because there's nowhere else for him to go. You might be able to kick him off it by ordering ships to dock there, otherwise you might have to destroy the station!

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sun, 20. May 12, 09:32

Is this TC that you are playing? If so I've never come across this scenario before. To be honest I have't come across it in AP either! I haven't reached the part where I am re-acquainted with Mahi Ma yet.
If what pjknibbs says is true, then o'boy, are you going to have to lose some rep with the locals if you have to destroy that station!
Do you have cargo life support? If not then maybe if you had it he may board your ship. If you do already have it then I'm at a total loss as to what I can reccomend apart from pjknibbs suggestion.

I'll keep my eyes on this thread to see what your final outcome is.

Good luck!
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 20. May 12, 09:48

perhaps reloading from before you accepted his request might help.
Get yourself that fast ship.
Go straight to the Hub,now you know where it is. and get back to Mahi Ma as soon as you are requested to.
Hopefully he will still be in his E.Dolphin.

This is a known problem,so regular manual saves are recommended particularly here.

If you do a search of the forums you will find other threads on this some time ago.
I thought the problem had been sorted with a patch,but it seems I was wrong,else I would have warned you.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 20. May 12, 13:52

If you need to nuke the station (Mahi Ma is invulnerable - he'll be ok!) there are ways to do it without rep damage...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

mastercool
x3tc

Post by mastercool » Mon, 21. May 12, 02:58

i just had the same problem and all i did was talk to him without landing and then picked him up in space as an astronaut.

mastercool
x3tc

Post by mastercool » Mon, 21. May 12, 02:58

i just had the same problem and all i did was talk to him without landing and then picked him up in space as an astronaut.

KongRudi
x3tc

Post by KongRudi » Mon, 21. May 12, 06:27

This happened to me once in TC, I think I forgot to pick him up when he ejected from his ship, and when I came back he had flown with his space-suit to a Boron Shipyard, I think.
At least I ended up buying probably a hundred M5 Octopus, to fill up the docking bay on the space-station, and then he left, because there weren't room for his spacesuit, because it were to be occupied by a Octopus. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”