PHQ Blueprints

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Coreblimey
x3tc

PHQ Blueprints

Post by Coreblimey » Sun, 20. May 12, 09:16

Does anyone know if blueprints for the 'advanced' & 'prototype' type ships are for sale in X3AP?
Or will I have to cap or board them so I can RE them at PHQ?
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Unknown Sector..... That's what you get for using Bing instead of Google!

natha
x4

Post by natha » Sun, 20. May 12, 13:28

While it is possible to get "rare ship" blueprints (like falcon sentinel) i have not yet come accross any prototype or advanced version so i believe not, but i cannot be sure because i have only my game as reference.

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Sun, 20. May 12, 13:34

as yet i neither have came across them. the Yaki have sold me the blueprints to all of their Fujin and Raijin ships (ive RE'd all others purchasable) but as yet no Adv Chokaro.
find me on Steam
check out Roguey's Wiki - still under development

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sun, 20. May 12, 14:23

Thanks for the replies fellas.

It's early days yet. But maybe,just maybe, someone else knows different.

Fingers crossed, yes? :)
natha wrote:While it is possible to get "rare ship" blueprints (like falcon sentinel)
Blimey, I wasn't aware that the falcon sentinel was a rare ship! Well I learn something new every day! :D

PS
Wasn't that one of the hidden ships in TC?
If it doesn't work, give it a kick. If that doesn't fix it hit it with a hammer. If it still doesn't work, USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!!

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sun, 20. May 12, 18:27

Coreblimey wrote:Wasn't that one of the hidden ships in TC?
That's right, it's hidden in
Spoiler
Show
the unknown sector west of Xenon sector 534
in TC
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sun, 20. May 12, 18:36

There is an MD script available in S&M called "Enhanced Blueprints", it adds most prototypes to the list of available blueprints and also eliminates the blueprints that are already purchased. In vanilla blueprints can get you the same ship as you can get from "used ship" missions, meaning no prototype, advanced or enhanced ships. While Falcon Sentinel is not for sale on any shipyard, it is available as a used ship and also available as a blueprint.

Dave500
x3tc

Post by Dave500 » Sun, 20. May 12, 19:11

So far I've bought 70 or so blueprints:-
Spoiler
Show
only M* (not M8 ) ships seem to be available but alas no prototypes, Terran & ATF ships.

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sun, 20. May 12, 21:58

Ahh well! Judging by all the responses I think it's time to put my cap on and go start capping. :)

Thanks folks. I think that will be all for now!

PS
I'll finish (finish! The bloody game never finishes!) :D in vanilla for now before adding any scripts. But thanks for the tip kurush.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Mon, 21. May 12, 10:48

There's a thread buried in the resource list sticky that lists all the TC ships and the methods it is possible to obtain them here:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3565931

I wouldn't have thought it would be too different in AP?
[edit]Last post in that thread is an update for AP[/edit]
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Mon, 21. May 12, 11:59

well its not worlds different, but what differences in tht list to the AP list seems to be the Prototype/Advanced ships that is being refered to in this topic.
find me on Steam

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Tue, 22. May 12, 10:41

Just been messing about with ej.findwares wares/ships script and it is amazing at what ships you can find! It's a pity that the abandoned ships are just random.
In a couple of Tormented Teladi starts I was told there was a Chimera prototype in one, and in the other was a mercury prototype. This freigter was really a miner because the only weapons it could hold in it's single turret, was either a mining laser or a repair laser and an ore collector was pre-installed. However the cargohold was a max. of 7000 but it's top speed was 120m/s.
Needless to say that once I'm in possesion of my PHQ this is definitely going to be RE'd.

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Tue, 22. May 12, 10:53

a mercury prototype...

it does have a max speed of 120... and does only have the ability to load TB,RL,MDS but it doesn't come equiped with the ore collector as default and should have only 5k cargobay. therefore id imagine if you do RE it youd lose that ability. remember when you RE an Overtuned vessel or a vessel with special equipment you only get the base models blueprints...

either that or id be packing my Aamon with every tuning crate in AP and then RE it to make a fleet of Aamon moving at 310m/s and turn rate of 55rpm. damn i wish i could have done that... oooo or a Megalodon capible of 110m/s and turn rate of 1.2rpm... hmmm nice!!!
find me on Steam

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Wed, 23. May 12, 23:42

ConCorDian wrote:it does have a max speed of 120... and does only have the ability to load TB,RL,MDS but it doesn't come equiped with the ore collector as default and should have only 5k cargobay. therefore id imagine if you do RE it youd lose that ability. remember when you RE an Overtuned vessel or a vessel with special equipment you only get the base models blueprints...
Your right of course! I think I just got carried away with the specs in the euphoria of finding this prototype (and perhaps a little bit of wishful thinking!)
Ahh,damn! I forgot about the RE limitations. Well, there I go. Falling back to Earth with one almighty crash! Sigh. :(

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Thu, 24. May 12, 00:02

i know, reality is a bitch!! thats why i play X so much :P
find me on Steam

Electric
x3tc

Post by Electric » Fri, 25. May 12, 16:29

Hi Guys,

I'm running a Vanilla AP game and was sold Falcon Sentinel blue prints the other day, so you can get em, :)

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sat, 26. May 12, 04:31

Electric wrote:I'm running a Vanilla AP game and was sold Falcon Sentinel blue prints the other day, so you can get em,
The only problem with the falcon sentinel is that it's ooooh soooo sloooow! About 97m/s if I remember, which kind of negated the 200MJ shield it carried.
But still, there is hope. :)

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sat, 26. May 12, 04:37

Coreblimey wrote:The only problem with the falcon sentinel is that it's ooooh soooo sloooow! About 97m/s if I remember, which kind of negated the 200MJ shield it carried.
But still, there is hope. :)
That's the Vanguard, the Sentinel has 400MJ shields and at 108m/s is still on the slow side but manageable with a turbo booster ;)
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Coreblimey
x3tc

Post by Coreblimey » Sat, 26. May 12, 05:14

MarvinTheMartion wrote:That's the Vanguard, the Sentinel has 400MJ shields and at 108m/s is still on the slow side but manageable with a turbo booster
Thanks for putting me right on that one! I seem to be apologising a lot lately :lol:

Your the second person who advises a turbo. I was having problems fighting a Q whilst in a Khaak Corvette and was suggested (rightly) to get my self a turbo which I duely did. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”